Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3013967 times)

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #2780 on: June 27, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »
 Not my car but I detailed one today for a friend. 2000 mustang convertible with only 64,000 km. Fairly low mileage for the year.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2781 on: June 27, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
Was watering the flowers, saw a huge bird dropping on the Mazda, really caked on, got a sponge to get that off.  Discovered a small ding below the front passenger headlight, gets someone backed into me?   There is no scratch, or any scraps, just a spot the size of a penny that is slightly pushed in. 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2782 on: June 27, 2014, 08:28:10 pm »
Dropped it off last night for some fresh oil and my second DSG fluid change.  I'm riding my bike back to work in my ass before payment.  :o At least its an idie shop vs the stealership so it could always be worse.

Got the car back today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Do notice the shifts are smoother now, not that it was rough but just better.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:00 am »
Improved clutch feel dramatically by removing the helper spring in the 911. Clutch is much harder now but is no longer vague or synthetic feeling!

This small spring has 61 pounds of resistance!

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #2784 on: June 29, 2014, 08:01:10 am »
drove it.  took it to lunch with 3 of my colleagues, and i have to say with 4 people on board, it feels quite a bit slower.

:(

then came home and washed it.  i ordered touch up paint a while back, so i'll try to make the hood and front bumper look better.  too many paint chips.
Never, EVER say your car feels slower when you have passengers if one of them is female.  Don't ask me how I know.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2785 on: June 29, 2014, 08:23:28 am »
drove it.  took it to lunch with 3 of my colleagues, and i have to say with 4 people on board, it feels quite a bit slower.

then came home and washed it.  i ordered touch up paint a while back, so i'll try to make the hood and front bumper look better.  too many paint chips.
Never, EVER say your car feels slower when you have passengers if one of them is female.  Don't ask me how I know.

Just say it's all their luggage!   ;D

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 29, 2014, 09:29:36 am »

What did she do to your car?

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #2787 on: June 29, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »

I think I just felt some Mountain Dew come out my nose...  :rofl2:
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 29, 2014, 06:33:58 pm »

I think I just felt some Mountain Dew come out my nose...  :rofl2:
Really?  I thought people snorted Coke.  ???  ;)

What did she do to your car?
Nothing.  But if her dirty look was literal instead of figurative I might still be cleaning the inside of my car

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #2789 on: June 29, 2014, 08:56:19 pm »
Did a camber adjustment now I need to fix the toe but have to go buy some string

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: June 29, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »
Taught my son to use the floor jack and wheel chocks. Also check the brake caliper is no longer seized.

Nothing.  But if her dirty look was literal instead of figurative I might still be cleaning the inside of my car

:)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2791 on: June 30, 2014, 11:20:06 am »
just ordered headers and a test pipe for the 155.

she is going to roar!!!
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 30, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »
Did a camber adjustment now I need to fix the toe but have to go buy some string
What's wrong with your toe?  Maybe you should see a doctor?  ;)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #2793 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:51 pm »

she is going to roar!!!

will it still pass inspection if you de-cat it?  (and shame on you for de-catting, will you think about the CHILDREN and environment please!  ;D)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: June 30, 2014, 12:09:40 pm »

she is going to roar!!!

will it still pass inspection if you de-cat it?  (and shame on you for de-catting, will you think about the CHILDREN and environment please!  ;D)
Oh man, didn't you read what he said??  He said it's a test pipe.  Of course he's going to replace the cat once he's finished testing!

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: June 30, 2014, 02:49:54 pm »

she is going to roar!!!

Oh man, didn't you read what he said??  He said it's a test pipe.  Of course he's going to replace the cat once he's finished testing!
lol ya it wont pass emissions. But for e-tests, Ill just put the original cat back in...and what do you know...Ill pass! But since I do like...1000km a year in this car, I figure it wont make a damn bit of difference in the end to the environment. Not compared to all the trucks and old muscle cars out there that don't have to be tested.

And I am a tree hugger myself [animal rights advocate more like...I like eating trees], but that doesn't stop me from being a car enthusiast.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2796 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:25 pm »

she is going to roar!!!

lol ya it wont pass emissions. But for e-tests, Ill just put the original cat back in...and what do you know...Ill pass! But since I do like...1000km a year in this car, I figure it wont make a damn bit of difference in the end to the environment. Not compared to all the trucks and old muscle cars out there that don't have to be tested.

And I am a tree hugger myself [animal rights advocate more like...I like eating trees], but that doesn't stop me from being a car enthusiast.

Probably 50% chance it would still pass even without the cat.  Worth trying, I got an Audi to pass a couple of times with an empty cat.
Mr Pickypants

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #2797 on: June 30, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »
Now they don't use an exhaust sniffer then if it doesn't throw a code  it should pass.   DOes the 155 have oxygen sensors both sides of the cat?   Or just before it?   If it is just before then that oxygen sensor will set the fuel/air mix correctly and with no exhaust sniffer....
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: June 30, 2014, 06:13:04 pm »
Now they don't use an exhaust sniffer then if it doesn't throw a code  it should pass.   DOes the 155 have oxygen sensors both sides of the cat?   Or just before it?   If it is just before then that oxygen sensor will set the fuel/air mix correctly and with no exhaust sniffer....

just before I do believe...we will find out come e-test time...

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #2799 on: June 30, 2014, 06:24:08 pm »
What's wrong with your toe?  Maybe you should see a doctor?  ;)
Funny guy.  I did a full string alignment today.  As I thought toe was wrong.  Had major toe in, now have 4mm out on each side.

That adjustment is very fine.