Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3014892 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #5740 on: June 19, 2016, 04:22:34 am »
missed the crap out of it, because she is sitting in the garage, and I am half a world away and another Alfa just drove by my house...

especially after getting an invite for Matt Farah to drive it on the Smoking Tire...and I would totally drive down for 15 minutes of obscure internet fame!  :rofl2:
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: June 19, 2016, 11:47:05 am »
Gave the S2000 and Q50S a simple detail this morning.

:drool:  You are so lucky to not have front plates.

Considering that it's illegal not to have his front plate on, I'm think his luck isn't quite what you think, LOL.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #5742 on: June 19, 2016, 12:59:22 pm »

Tried Rainex glass cleaner with repllent. Worked well as a glass cleaner, will see how well it repells though.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #5743 on: June 20, 2016, 10:52:56 am »

Considering that it's illegal not to have his front plate on, I'm think his luck isn't quite what you think, LOL.

When I lived in Fredericton, they'd periodically set up checkpoints for license/registration/inspection and if they noticed a missing plate, you'd get a ticket for that too.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #5744 on: June 20, 2016, 10:58:40 am »

When I lived in Fredericton, they'd periodically set up checkpoints for license/registration/inspection and if they noticed a missing plate, you'd get a ticket for that too.
Some provinces/states are such buzzkills......

Once when I drove thru contrôle at the Ontario border, the officer asked why I didn't have a front plate. "Um.....my home state doesn't issue them......"

Obviously, QC gets the message.....it's easy to spot out-of-towners from ON there  ;D
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #5745 on: June 20, 2016, 11:07:20 am »
Thoroughly cleaned the interior of the Highlander yesterday.  Ugh.  So many road trips and so few cleans meant it was a bit of a job.

Going to steam-clean the carpet mats today.  Might polish the headlamp lenses, they're getting pretty cloudy.

Got to get 'er all clean so we can re-dirty over the summer...

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #5746 on: June 20, 2016, 11:09:29 am »

I got stopped 3 times in the span of a week when they were cracking down on lack of front plates a few years ago in Moncton.  Wife refused to drive my car until I put the plate on, so there you go....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #5747 on: June 20, 2016, 01:07:17 pm »

I got stopped 3 times in the span of a week when they were cracking down on lack of front plates a few years ago in Moncton.  Wife refused to drive my car until I put the plate on, so there you go....

That's an awesome idea! I going to out right now, and take the front plate of the Mazda! I won't be cutting much lawns this week anyway, too damn hot!

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #5748 on: June 20, 2016, 02:07:00 pm »
Worked on repairing some pealing paint on the wheel well lip on the Escalade over the weekend. Took a surprisingly long time to grind it out, treat, prime, mask and lay down a few layers of the basecoat. Working on a black asphalt driveway in the sun really sucked. Going to let it harden up this week and wetsand next weekend, then I can lay down some pearl and a couple coats of clear.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5749 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:35 pm »

Yeah, I'm certainly running the risk by not having front plates installed.  I just HATE the look of a front plate on a nice car.  I've been pretty lucky though, I've been running no front plate on my cars for years now and haven't been bothered........knock on wood!  Ridiculous money grab law anyways. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #5750 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:52 pm »
Was gonna say you could run seasonal plates on the S2K but I don't think you can get a vanity plate then.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #5751 on: June 20, 2016, 05:22:18 pm »
looks like i've sold my jeep.... so i guess i can get the new one!

it showed up in record time... i ordered it on the 28th of may.... landed on my lot on the 17th!!! in 16 years, i have never seen one built and delivered that fast.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #5752 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:11 pm »

Looking great!!

I should be so UNEMPLOYED.... :stick: >:D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #5753 on: June 21, 2016, 07:56:20 am »

it showed up in record time... i ordered it on the 28th of may.... landed on my lot on the 17th!!! in 16 years, i have never seen one built and delivered that fast.

Wholly crap, that is fast!!  Did someone put a call in for you?  :rofl2:  I know a few FCA employee's and they've always said if I were to have ordered one, they could probably get it pushed thru in a week, but I have yet to try that   ::)
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #5754 on: June 21, 2016, 02:01:44 pm »
yeah, not usually... we can harass and such, but it usually doesn't speed it up a huge amount... on a jeep, i was expecting 8 weeks for a sold unit... if it was a challenger/charger/300, like 5 weeks on a sold unit (non hellcat).

now i guess i'll drive my new one home today... man... i buy too many cars.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:08 pm »
yeah, not usually... we can harass and such, but it usually doesn't speed it up a huge amount... on a jeep, i was expecting 8 weeks for a sold unit... if it was a challenger/charger/300, like 5 weeks on a sold unit (non hellcat).

now i guess i'll drive my new one home today... man... i buy too many cars.

Nice!!!  Enjoy the new one & post some pics in the show n shine too  ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: June 21, 2016, 03:20:18 pm »
i'll maybe get to the renegade too! ha! i'm a little slow with those...

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #5757 on: June 21, 2016, 08:29:45 pm »

Wholly crap, that is fast!!  Did someone put a call in for you?  :rofl2:  I know a few FCA employee's and they've always said if I were to have ordered one, they could probably get it pushed thru in a week, but I have yet to try that   ::)

This reminds me of an interesting family fable (or not).

Back in the 60's my Dad worked for the Canadian advertising agency that had the Chev, Olds, Cadillac account. He ordered a new 1961 Pontiac Strato Chief from a dealer and had Oshawa contacts of his push the car through production using some sort of executive tag, in order to have it delivered in time for our annual holiday drive to New Brunswick. The car was delivered in a matter of weeks.

The car was a lemon. Everything that could go wrong with that car, did. After two years, he traded it in for a new 1963 Rambler Classic (which was a gem BTW).

The story goes that the assembly line workers hated the office types, and when a special consideration order vehicle came down the line, the assemblers resented it and acted accordingly. Don't know it is true or not, but that car was gone from our family in two years.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: June 21, 2016, 10:42:22 pm »
Washed em both & then covered the Porsche up to protect it from the sun & flipping tree sap!! Gets covered in that sh!t!!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #5759 on: June 22, 2016, 08:31:28 am »
My wife was in Halifax visiting her sister for the weekend, and the kids were in school, so I took Friday and Monday off just to have the house to myself.  Finally got around to giving the 3 and the CX9 some long overdue TLC.  Washed, clay barred, machine polish, wax, Rain-x'd the windows, and a thorough clean on the inside.  Did the 3 on Friday, and the CX9 on Monday.  The CX9 had a few scuffs on the driver's side rear door when we bought it.  I was able to get most of it out with the clay bar and Mother's scratch remover.

They both look so much better now!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson