Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3012471 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #3900 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »
THe wife's Ford Expedition is leaking power steering fluid. Traced it down to a power steering cooler in front of the radiator. Really? A power steering cooler? Never heard of one before.

Most HD trucks have a PS cooler. Hell, my old 1/2 ton had one.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 02, 2015, 02:46:24 pm »
THe wife's Ford Expedition is leaking power steering fluid. Traced it down to a power steering cooler in front of the radiator. Really? A power steering cooler? Never heard of one before.

I guess I'm just used to owning light duty vehicles. Looks like the same cooler does the tranny as well. Seems to be a common issue. Hard to tell its a line or the unit leaking.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #3902 on: April 02, 2015, 03:06:56 pm »

I guess I'm just used to owning light duty vehicles. Looks like the same cooler does the tranny as well. Seems to be a common issue. Hard to tell its a line or the unit leaking.
If it was a proper car...say a Citroen DS, then it would be the hydraulic system cooler and you would have noticed the car slowly sagging to the ground.   ;)

Time you had a DS, Arthur.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 02, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »

I'd love a DS. A friend of mine had this tatty one years ago but he wouldn't part with it. Sort of lost touch in recent years so I don't know if its current status.

Sadly I suspect a reasonable example is out of my budget for the time being. If I were suddenly a rich man a Tatra and/or DS would be near the top of the acquisition list.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #3904 on: April 03, 2015, 03:13:13 pm »
Is that a '73 Evinrude Trailblazer sled with a rotary engine parked beside it?

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 03, 2015, 03:27:25 pm »

I'd love a DS. A friend of mine had this tatty one years ago but he wouldn't part with it. Sort of lost touch in recent years so I don't know if its current status.

Sadly I suspect a reasonable example is out of my budget for the time being. If I were suddenly a rich man a Tatra and/or DS would be near the top of the acquisition list.
Would Madame Dent allow the keeping of such a vehicle once it was working fully?   They are not to everybodies taste to drive.   

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 03, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »
Seasonal tire change over (brand new Continental PureContacts) and a quick hand wash. 240,000 km.

And yes, the headlights need to be polished.  :P

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 03, 2015, 08:03:58 pm »
That is a classy looking car sir ;)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #3908 on: April 03, 2015, 08:37:49 pm »
^^ +1 Looks great!   :thumbup:

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 04, 2015, 06:35:02 pm »
Thanks! Its amazing how much the stock wheels transform the look versus the winter CR-V steelies.  :P

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 04, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »
Thanks! Its amazing how much the stock wheels transform the look versus the winter CR-V steelies.  :P

I recall you mentioning that you're giving it to a family member within 12 months.

So where is your buying thread? Remember all regulars need at least a 10 pages before signing for anything. :)

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #3911 on: April 04, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »
Yeah, it does look really good. Even the front bumper doesn't look too road rashed after 240,000kms.

I got some work done on the T/A today; replaced the passenger's side power window motor and repaired the front air dam (which was falling off).

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 05, 2015, 12:08:51 am »

Would Madame Dent allow the keeping of such a vehicle once it was working fully?   They are not to everybodies taste to drive.

If Madame Dent had that sort of sway 90% of the crap I've hauled home over the wouldn't have happened.  :D

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 05, 2015, 04:58:00 am »

If Madame Dent had that sort of sway 90% of the crap I've hauled home over the wouldn't have happened.  :D
I thought she refused to travel in the M-B? 

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 05, 2015, 10:23:03 am »

I recall you mentioning that you're giving it to a family member within 12 months.

So where is your buying thread? Remember all regulars need at least a 10 pages before signing for anything. :)

Maybe soon. ;)

Yeah, it does look really good. Even the front bumper doesn't look too road rashed after 240,000kms.

I got some work done on the T/A today; replaced the passenger's side power window motor and repaired the front air dam (which was falling off).

The front bumper was repainted 4-5 years ago due to a little mishap. Gotta say thanks to my little brother.  :P

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3915 on: April 06, 2015, 10:19:43 am »
Getting the air bag recall done on the Bmw, it was the first drive of the year with the car

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #3916 on: April 06, 2015, 10:24:30 am »
Gave it a bloody good clean.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 06, 2015, 10:25:41 am »

I can't recall any of my beater cars she hasn't refused to drive in off the top of my head. Didn't stop me from buying them though.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 06, 2015, 10:46:13 am »

I can't recall any of my beater cars she hasn't refused to drive in off the top of my head. Didn't stop me from buying them though.
It was this post.

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=82002.msg900911#msg900911

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 06, 2015, 10:54:59 am »

It was this post.

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=82002.msg900911#msg900911

I not sure I get the point. She refused to even sit in the Mercedes. She refused to sit in either of the Spitfires I had either. Or the Mazda 808, VW Beetle, Volvo, Lada, etc. My old LeBaron I had to park around the back in the alley since it was an "eyesore". I think my '81 Rx-7 was the car she drove of mine (besides the 2 which is the family car). That would be about 10 years ago.

So yes she would probably think the Citroen DS is ugly and stupid. But that is ok - it would be my car not hers. I think her Ford Expedition is a big ugly beast. But she likes it.