Author Topic: The Ultimate Floor Mats?  (Read 8622 times)

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
The Ultimate Floor Mats?
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
From the Globe and Mail Drive section:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/galleries/the-results-are-in-the-best-and-worst-floor-mats-for-your-car/article8881492/?from=10080000

Check out the winner's site:  weathertech.ca and look at the digital floor mats section.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: The Ultimate Floor Mats?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:49:02 am »
Have them in both my vehicles.  Top notch product.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Northernridge

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:52:56 am »
Have them in both my vehicles.  Top notch product.

I'll second that, they are superb. BTW, Honda's deluxe all season mats are made by WeatherTech...at least they are for the Ridgeline.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:53:57 am »
We have Husky Liners in both the truck and the Jeep. For a vehicle that sees a lot of snow, mud and dirt, only way to fly.
Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:18 am »
We have Husky Liners in both the truck and the Jeep. For a vehicle that sees a lot of snow, mud and dirt, only way to fly.

I have had Husky liners as well...in the Sierra now. They fit perfect and are very good but not quite as good as weathertech in my not-so-humble opinion.  ;)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:36 am »

I have had Husky liners as well...in the Sierra now. They fit perfect and are very good but not quite as good as weathertech in my not-so-humble opinion.  ;)

Oh really....hmmm, well, maybe next vehicle will get some weathertechs, not adverse to trying new things. When we got the mats for the Jeep, they were the best on the market, the mats in the truck were there when I bought it.

Offline BradT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:24:55 pm »
You can get WeatherTech mats from Costco.ca.  I saved $5.00 buying them from Costco vs. WeatherTech Canada.  ;D

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »
I always enjoy the weathertech ads in the car magazines with the emphasis on building a factory in the US, and buying north american made stuff, they were talking about not 'American' made, but 'North American', and made a point of saying the injection machines are from Bolton, Ontario.

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »
I have them in both as well.  Excellent fit.  I wish they would extend up the firewall a bit more behind the pedals and up the dead pedal.   Otherwise perfect.
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Northernridge

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »
I always enjoy the weathertech ads in the car magazines with the emphasis on building a factory in the US, and buying north american made stuff, they were talking about not 'American' made, but 'North American', and made a point of saying the injection machines are from Bolton, Ontario.

Me too, I like their effort.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:11:34 pm »

Made by

Ironic.  :rofl:

Offline aaronk

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +45/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 01:33:37 pm »
$200 for floor mats!? They had better be the best! Until I get a Rolls Royce Phantom, I'll stick with the Canadian Tire set I bought for $25 on sale that have kept my black carpet dirt and salt free for 3 winters and counting...

Offline dboz

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 03 Matrix XR, 09 Matrix XR
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »
I bought a lightly used set of floor liners (husky) from kijiji, although the fit could be better, at $70 it's still a good investment..

I still wouldn't pay $200+ for a set of floor liners though.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 03:27:17 pm »
Great product and buy a set for each new vehicle.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 10:39:47 am »
Thread revival! :)

I've been looking for winter floor mats for the new Mazda. Yesterday I ordered a full set of Husky Weatherbeater floor liners from autoanything.com. I got the front, back, and trunk liner for $227usd.  The same package from WeatherTech was going to be $367cad.  Free shipping to the UPS store in Ogdensburg.  If I was to have them shipped to home, I might as well have just bought the WT's.

The Husky's got pretty good reviews from what I read.  For the price difference and a short drive to the border, they're worth a shot.  They're also on sale at autoanything.com until tomorrow. 

If anyone knows someone looking for mats for a 1st gen Mazda3, I have a front set of WeatherTech's that I'm looking to get rid of.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 08:01:11 am »
I just got a full set of WeatherTech Digital Fit floor liners. They are a very nicely made product.

Unfortunately, they come with holes to mount to a carpet stud or hook. That sort of defeats the purpose of the high side walls designed to keep all the snow, water and salt in. A very simple redesign would solve that issue. Also, depending on the model they are for, they are "cut" short in certain areas, like around my gas pedal. The same applies to the front edge of my rear floor liners.

Would I still buy them? Probably, although for what they are, damn pricey!
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline StoneRaizer

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-3
  • Versa Hatchling
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:41:05 am »
Rather than WeatherTechs I picked up the all-weather rubber floormats from the dealership. $100 after taxes and they're guaranteed to fit because they're the exact shape as the carpet mats. I sprayed the carpet underneath the mats with two coats of ScotchGard Carpet Protector that I picked up at Home Depot.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »
Those ^ floor mats do the same job that my Pants Savers did...hold a bit of salty water...till you pulled the slightest lateral G.

They all do not protect your carpet unless you lay a double layer of 6mil plastic vapour barrier down underneath them that extend 6 inches beyond all edges. The mats then tend to slide, so a couple of tarp clips attached to the seat rains keeps them in place. I also laid a cheapo imitation chami down under the mat. It would be soaked in a couple of days...wring it out...stick it back in.

I just sold my Honda CR-V to a friend. He couldn't believe that the mint carpets were never shampooed after 14 harsh winters.

Offline StoneRaizer

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-3
  • Versa Hatchling
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 10:43:31 am »
I drive a Versa. The car doesn't have enough power to pull a slight lateral G.  :-\ 

Offline whistler

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 12:00:24 am »
I've had the Weathertech digital fit in my last 3 cars. Very expensive but well worth it.

With the old Canadian Tire garbage mats I used to use, the driver side would wear out and have a hole in it within 1 year, and they really didn't protect any of the carpet at all other than the parts directly under the mat...

The Weathertechs stop almost all dirt/liquid from actually touching the carpet... very easy to clean just take them out (without spilling the dirt/water that is inside them, dump them on the ground, and pressure wash.

At least 4 or 5 of my friends have bought them after seeing how well they worked in my cars...

I traded in a Civic a few years ago too and when the salesman was looking it over he made a comment about how the carpet looked brand new and that I didn't have to get it cleaned before dropping it off... but I never did... I just pulled out the Weathertechs (which I sold on Kijijji for $100) and the carpet literally looked like the day I picked it up at the dealership 2 years before, brand new not a speck of dirt.