Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 852710 times)

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #3080 on: March 04, 2019, 12:15:50 am »
Alright...I've got my seat belt fastened. I'm about to watch the premiere of the documentary about serial pedophile and pop star Michael Jackson. Always hard to watch these types of things. Try watching "Deliver Us from Evil" sometime...

HBO was sued by the estate of MJ to try and prevent this from airing.

The original documentary was 4 hours long..but it's only showing 2 hour run time. Not sure if it's a 2 parter....

Apparently, it is two segments on Sunday and Monday.
Yea, I see that after it ended.

I was out tonight and missed it myself, but noticed no one else replied.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:01 am »
Alright...I've got my seat belt fastened. I'm about to watch the premiere of the documentary about serial pedophile and pop star Michael Jackson. Always hard to watch these types of things. Try watching "Deliver Us from Evil" sometime...

The original documentary was 4 hours long..but it's only showing 2 hour run time. Not sure if it's a 2 parter....

It was...Geez, I don't even know what words to use. "Interesting"...but not really in a good way because of MJs behavior. He's was a sicko of the largest order.

And the family's behavior to acquiesce to MJs request to let 7-10.year old kids sleep in bed with him...I dunno...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:53 am »
I just watched The Dawn Wall...and I think I prefer it to Free Solo....

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-517
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #3083 on: March 04, 2019, 08:09:38 am »

It was...Geez, I don't even know what words to use. "Interesting"...but not really in a good way because of MJs behavior. He's was a sicko of the largest order.

And the family's behavior to acquiesce to MJs request to let 7-10.year old kids sleep in bed with him...I dunno...

We PVR'd it, Bella is/was an MJ fan... but she might not wanna watch it  :rofl:  I really have no interest in watching it, would probably just aggravate me.
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: March 04, 2019, 08:12:17 am »

We PVR'd it, Bella is/was an MJ fan... but she might not wanna watch it  :rofl:  I really have no interest in watching it, would probably just aggravate me.
If anyone is a fan after watching.....

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:32 am »

Yeah, I might tell her to skip it then... but then again, I wouldn't have to listen to any MJ songs ever again if she did...  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 04, 2019, 02:52:02 pm »

Yeah, I might tell her to skip it then... but then again, I wouldn't have to listen to any MJ songs ever again if she did...  :rofl2:
Seriously...she needs to see it.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 04, 2019, 02:54:54 pm »

Seriously...she needs to see it.

She's planning on trying to watching it after work today while I'm out skiing... this way I don't have to watch it  ;D

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #3088 on: March 04, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
Watched "Wreck-It Ralph Breaks the Internet" yesterday.  Thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed out loud at least once every five minutes.  As sequels go, this one is even better than the first.  Great pacing, a lot of jokes (visual and verbal).  Can't wait to watch it again.  Plus, cars racing!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3089 on: March 04, 2019, 10:30:55 pm »
Watched "Wreck-It Ralph Breaks the Internet" yesterday.  Thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed out loud at least once every five minutes.  As sequels go, this one is even better than the first.  Great pacing, a lot of jokes (visual and verbal).  Can't wait to watch it again.  Plus, cars racing!

They had a movie afternoon at my wife's school and they showed it.  Most of her grade ones were terrified.  I haven't seen it, can't speak to why a 6yr old would find it so scary,

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3090 on: March 05, 2019, 07:21:33 am »
Good news:

Both Free Solo and Dawn Wall are available on Google Play for rent.

Bad new:

Documentary Filmmaker Andrew Berends, Cameraman on ‘Free Solo,’ Dies

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/andrew-berends-documentary-director-free-solo-tribute-1202048440/

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 05, 2019, 07:51:17 am »
Dang....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #3092 on: March 05, 2019, 02:55:29 pm »
Watched Hateful Eight last night again.  Forgot how much this old guy, reminds me of an old senile guy that I used to know, he would always have these nightmare stories about his piece of :censor: MB he had.  It was like living through the thread of the ML in one day.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #3093 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:29 pm »
Watched Hateful Eight last night again.  Forgot how much this old guy, reminds me of an old senile guy that I used to know, he would always have these nightmare stories about his piece of :censor: MB he had.  It was like living through the thread of the ML in one day.

Hmm ... art imitating art?   :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #3094 on: March 06, 2019, 07:00:02 am »

They had a movie afternoon at my wife's school and they showed it.  Most of her grade ones were terrified.  I haven't seen it, can't speak to why a 6yr old would find it so scary,

Well, there are darker moments, but nothing worse than what we saw in "Aladdin," as I recall.  But a six year-old may process things differently.  I think you'll be okay.   ;D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3095 on: March 09, 2019, 04:05:15 pm »
Just noticed that The Dawn Wall is now on Netflix. Know what we will be watching tonight. Yeah!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3096 on: March 09, 2019, 04:09:55 pm »
Watched it this morning. It’s awesome.  Of course I’m a huge Tommy Caldwell fan. Met him when he was working on The Diamond with Sonnie Trotter. He’s arguably the strongest rock climber on the planet and he’s the most low key and humble guy.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 11, 2019, 02:31:38 pm »
Am VERY excited for Alex Gibney's latest documentary due out on March 19 about Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes.

"The Inventor: Out For Blood in Silicon Valley"

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1198
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #3098 on: March 14, 2019, 09:49:35 pm »
Went to see Apollo 11 on I-Max tonight. Loved it!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #3099 on: March 14, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
Am VERY excited for Alex Gibney's latest documentary due out on March 19 about Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes.

"The Inventor: Out For Blood in Silicon Valley"

Have heard good things about it. I think it debuted at SXSW last week.

I watched Triple Frontier last night. Meh. It's getting hype mainly due to the cast: Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnan, and Pedro Pascal (from Narcos). Too bad they are wasted here. Fine if you like mindless action movies, though to be fair this one is a bit light on the action.