Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 852768 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #3020 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:23 am »

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #3021 on: January 21, 2019, 10:48:01 pm »
Bollywood gifs!

https://acidcow.com/pics/55036-only-in-bollywood-20-gifs.html

3rd one down (with the Volvo police car) is from a fun Swedish police comedy called “Kopps.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopps
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #3022 on: January 22, 2019, 06:35:36 am »
Just watched "Brexit" with Benedict Cumberbatch on HBO.

Was really well done and really interesting.

Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of it and watched it last night.  I agree, it was well made and an interesting story, a little too quirky for me but I enjoyed it.  Couldn't help but associate a lot of it to how the Trump campaign must have gone!

Offline mwqa

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Suzuki SX4
« Reply #3023 on: January 22, 2019, 11:10:57 pm »
Am a big fan of Chinese/Japanese/Korean crime movies. Also love their period saga-type movies...

Bit off topic but check out Korean TV series. I can recommend My Love from the Star (romantic comedy), Oh My Venus (romantic comedy), I'm Sorry, I love You (revenge melodrama), My Mister (working stiff melodrama), Signal (police procedural), Stranger (Forest of Secrets) (police procedural), Healer (action), Nine: Nine Times Time Travels (fantasy melodrama). As you can tell, I've been watching loads of them. You can find them on Netflix or Viki.com

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #3024 on: January 26, 2019, 09:10:35 am »
Wife and i went to see the Green Book at the theatre last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #3025 on: January 26, 2019, 01:38:53 pm »
I'm really hoping Stan & Ollie gets a showing in Winnipeg.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3026 on: January 26, 2019, 02:17:24 pm »
Tag (2018)

A small group of former classmates organize an elaborate, annual game of tag that requires some to travel all over the country.

Had some great lines and thought Jeremy Renner was the funniest. The rest of the films was boring. Despite the tagline saying they travel ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, don't believe it as I've seem more of American than all of these guys combined.

Also a pet peeve of mine with comedies. I get to see enough people in the cancer clinic and don't need it in my comedies so stop it, just make me laugh, that isn't asking for much.

Not a bad film but not a great film either. Watch it for free don't bother paying for it.

Super Troopers 2 (2018)

When a border dispute arises between the U.S. and Canada, the Super Troopers are tasked with establishing a Highway Patrol station in the disputed area.

A little slow to start but gets funnier as it went on. LOTS of great Canada/USA jokes throughout though disappointed nothing about poutine unless I missed it.

Worth a watch if you enjoy these types of comedies.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #3027 on: January 26, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »
re-watched Supernova (2000) last night. Guilty pleasure sci-fi movie for me. James Spader is great in it, and of course Robin Tunney  :drool:

Not a very good movie at all technically, but enjoyable to watch.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #3028 on: January 26, 2019, 04:30:44 pm »
re-watched Supernova (2000) last night. Guilty pleasure sci-fi movie for me. James Spader is great in it, and of course Robin Tunney  :drool:

Not a very good movie at all technically, but enjoyable to watch.

Had to Google Robin Tunney, never heard of her. Most of the movies and tv shows she is in, I have never watched either.  Seen quite a bit of stuff that James Spader is in. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3029 on: January 26, 2019, 04:36:43 pm »
We’re off to see Green Book tonight. All I know that have seen it report it’s solid.

It’s so hard to find non-comic-book movies lately.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: January 26, 2019, 04:54:16 pm »

I don't know. I think there are plenty of non-comic movies out there left to see.

Personally I want to see The Favourite by Yorgos Lanthimos. While his two previous movies are very strange, this one looks much funnier.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #3031 on: January 26, 2019, 08:26:47 pm »
I'm really hoping Stan & Ollie gets a showing in Winnipeg.

Same here for Ottawa!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3032 on: January 27, 2019, 11:10:04 am »

I don't know. I think there are plenty of non-comic movies out there left to see.

Personally I want to see The Favourite by Yorgos Lanthimos. While his two previous movies are very strange, this one looks much funnier.

We have an 8 screen theater in our burb so it tends to only have the most popular movies. It's a nice theater with giant leather recliners, but with only 8 screens, they're not bringing in art house or even slightly obscure films.

We really enjoyed The Green Book.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: January 27, 2019, 12:31:29 pm »
We have an 8 screen theater in our burb so it tends to only have the most popular movies. It's a nice theater with giant leather recliners, but with only 8 screens, they're not bringing in art house or even slightly obscure films.

That sucks. We are lucky that in Kitchener there are two theaters that bring non-hollywood films and even outdoor films/festivals.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #3034 on: January 27, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
No independent cinema in Fredericton unfortunately. Vice never even came here, and Green Book and The Favourite just got here this weekend.

Offline heatwave

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bmw
« Reply #3035 on: January 28, 2019, 07:05:00 am »
Bohemian Rhapsody, superb film, loved it everything about it was ace, being a big Queen fan as well, 9/10

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: January 28, 2019, 06:47:51 pm »
Charged: The Eduardo Garcia Story (2017)

Chef Eduardo Garcia went for a hike in the beautiful backcountry of Montana. Literally shocked when he touched a dead bear with his knife, he survived the 2400V jolt and walked out alive. Nearly two dozen surgeries take his left hand, four ribs, and significant muscle mass from his torso, legs, arms, and scalp. Despite all his loss, Eduardo says he would never go back. Charged tells Eduardo's journey from getting up off the forest floor to becoming the man he is today.

Found this on Amazon Prime. Went into it thinking it would be another story like 127 Hours but totally different. Quite the story of recovery from somebody that could have easily died that day. A lot of the story is horribly depressing and if you don't like seeing open wounds, you might want to cover your eyes. Not recommended while eating dinner.

Thought the story came together really well by time it was over. Truly amazing change of events. Recommend.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #3037 on: January 28, 2019, 08:44:01 pm »

Chef Eduardo Garcia went for a hike in the beautiful backcountry of Montana. Literally shocked when he touched a dead bear with his knife, he survived the 2400V jolt and walked out alive. Nearly two dozen surgeries take his left hand, four ribs, and significant muscle mass from his torso, legs, arms, and scalp. Despite all his loss, Eduardo says he would never go back. Charged tells Eduardo's journey from getting up off the forest floor to becoming the man he is today.

Found this on Amazon Prime. Went into it thinking it would be another story like 127 Hours but totally different. Quite the story of recovery from somebody that could have easily died that day. A lot of the story is horribly depressing and if you don't like seeing open wounds, you might want to cover your eyes. Not recommended while eating dinner.

Thought the story came together really well by time it was over. Truly amazing change of events. Recommend.

Whole lotta nope here.   I work with electricity far too much to have those scenes in my head. 
Mr Pickypants

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: January 28, 2019, 08:51:28 pm »

Whole lotta nope here.   I work with electricity far too much to have those scenes in my head.

I'm not sure poking a bear with a knife is a good idea either.   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 29, 2019, 06:42:01 am »

Watched it this morning after work. And I ate dinner while watching it because you said I shouldn't!  :)

It was OK...I get the feeling you liked it more than I did.