Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 852765 times)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #2800 on: October 04, 2018, 12:38:36 am »
Been extra lazy while breaking in the new tv.

Watchmen -Bluray

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

In 1985 where former superheroes exist, the murder of a colleague sends active vigilante Rorschach into his own sprawling investigation, uncovering something that could completely change the course of history as we know it.

Still one of my favorite comic book movies and probably the best DC comic movie ever. The way this movie was shot with attention to details is something that I feel missing in the current Marvel-thon. Everything looks real in Watchmen compared to fake in the Marvel world. Worth a watch and probably the 5th times I've seen it.

I'm not a comic book movie lover.

But this movie was fantastic!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2801 on: October 05, 2018, 10:29:12 am »
Watched SOLO last night and so disappointed. Good think thing I went in with low expectations.

On top of that the whole artistic choice (?) for lack of colours throughout 80% of the movie was a terrible idea for this type of movie. Also the sound quality was subpar for the money Disney dropped into this. So sad but seems to be a new trend for Disney.

Sent from my T06 using Tapatalk

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 05, 2018, 10:35:53 am »
Ha!  I also watched Solo last night.

I enjoyed it for what it was, a basic action story with sprinklings of Disney and Star Wars.

I did think it was well cast.

Can't comment on the audio as I was listening through my TV speakers  :run:
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2803 on: October 05, 2018, 10:52:42 am »
SOLO was instantly forgettable for me. I forgo that I saw it.

Meh is the best compliment I can pay it.

Did watch Cruise last night. A great cheesy car movie with a paper thin plot. 80s nostalgia is very strong, and the car jargon is on point except one line at the end of the movie (watch it and you will know).
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 10, 2018, 06:37:53 pm »

Did watch Cruise last night. A great cheesy car movie with a paper thin plot. 80s nostalgia is very strong, and the car jargon is on point except one line at the end of the movie (watch it and you will know).

Han Solo was supposed to be a complete scoundrel.  I'm guessing the movie didn't portray him as such??

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: October 10, 2018, 06:41:11 pm »

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: October 10, 2018, 08:15:00 pm »

Han Solo was supposed to be a complete scoundrel.  I'm guessing the movie didn't portray him as such??
Nope, not at all. Well...sorta...but the movie surrounding his character was boring and generic.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2807 on: October 10, 2018, 09:17:10 pm »
Got to see a few movies on the plane home.

Deadpool 2 was OK, but I really enjoyed Super Troopers 2.

Maybe because we were coming home from the US, and all the US/Canadian jokes hit home, but my wife was elbowing me half the trip as I was laughing so hard the chair was shaking

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2808 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:45 pm »
Speaking of solo....here's a blurb on Free Solo!

https://deadspin.com/free-solo-the-alex-honnold-documentary-is-the-years-m-1829656350

I'm excited to see it. Just to be clear from the article, many people have climbed "Freerider" on El Cap "free" -meaning they never weighted/required the rope. In theory, they could have free soloed it, but the difference in mental strain when soloing means you can't really say that because you freed a route that you could have also free soloed it.

Soloists live short lives and I hope that Honnold breaks that mold. I've had some friends that were alpine free solo climbers, but oddly they didn't die soloing. They found their end climbing, but not soloing. Those willing to solo also tend to take on the biggest and baddest routes even when with a partner.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #2809 on: October 11, 2018, 09:45:57 am »
Got to see a few movies on the plane home.

Deadpool 2 was OK, but I really enjoyed Super Troopers 2.

Maybe because we were coming home from the US, and all the US/Canadian jokes hit home, but my wife was elbowing me half the trip as I was laughing so hard the chair was shaking

I also loved SuperTroopers 2.  But, I was a huge fan of the first one.  I think it's the kind of movie where you need to like the first one to appreciate the humour that's in the second one. 

Being in an 'altered state of mind' also helps with the SuperTroopers franchise.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2810 on: October 15, 2018, 02:42:04 pm »
Operation Finale: This one is on Netflix and I don't think it was widely released in theatres. It's about the Mossad agents who extracted Adolf Eichmann from Argentina. I really enjoyed this one. Stars Oscar Isaac, Ben Kingsley, and (somewhat surprisingly) Nick Kroll.

A Star is Born: Fantastic film. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper have crazy chemistry, and Cooper learned to play guitar and actually perform for the role. Definitely not a feel-good story though.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #2811 on: October 16, 2018, 09:58:27 pm »
Went to the theatre tonight for the first time in ages and watched First Man.  Really enjoyed it and thought it was really well done, would recommend it for sure.   On a side note, I it's hilarious how expensive food is at the movies.  I noticed a combo that included a medium popcorn, medium pop, and a Twix for $24.99.   :rofl: ::)
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: October 16, 2018, 10:04:30 pm »
Went to the theatre tonight for the first time in ages and watched First Man.  Really enjoyed it and thought it was really well done, would recommend it for sure.   On a side note, I it's hilarious how expensive food is at the movies.  I noticed a combo that included a medium popcorn, medium pop, and a Twix for $24.99.   :rofl: ::)

You need to do movie night at the brewery.

Big white screen out back, projector and beer.

You'd sell out every night.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #2813 on: October 16, 2018, 10:07:39 pm »
Watched Darkest Hour starring Gary Oldman last night. Excellent movie. Goldman is exceptional.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #2814 on: October 16, 2018, 10:08:01 pm »

Hell yeah, that would totally sell out.   Awesome idea.  I wonder why you can't purchase a beer at the movies, seems very outdated.  Maybe it's just an NB thing. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: October 16, 2018, 10:10:15 pm »

Hell yeah, that would totally sell out.   Awesome idea.  I wonder why you can't purchase a beer at the movies, seems very outdated.  Maybe it's just an NB thing.
We have theaters that bring beer to you in comfy chairs like a Lay-z-boy. The only way I see movies now.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: October 16, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »

You can in the States!! 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #2817 on: October 16, 2018, 10:15:34 pm »

We have theaters that bring beer to you in comfy chairs like a Lay-z-boy. The only way I see movies now.

That's awesome.

Overall, I really don't like going to the theatre at all.  I guess it's the reason why I hardly ever go.  Much prefer to watch something in my man cave instead. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2818 on: October 17, 2018, 07:14:19 am »
Here is Cineplex link to their VIP theatres
https://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/VIP

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #2819 on: October 17, 2018, 09:01:09 am »

Oh yes, that is only way to fly.  Food & drinks delivered to your recliner La-Z-Boy.
Still prefer the man cave.  Drinks & junk food just steps away.