Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 853240 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #2440 on: December 19, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »
Watched the documentary "Agnelli" this morning.  Basically a puff piece about just another douchey, rich, scion of industry. 

Personally, I think the story about his grandfather, the actual founder of Fiat would have been far, far more interesting.  From the founding of the company, it's growth and ultimately him being accused of colluding in WW2.  I think I'd have rather watched something about that.

yeah it looked like a big ad for Fiat to me...puff piece indeed. Sad they went that route.

your other suggestion sounds much more interesting
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 19, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »
Watched the documentary "Agnelli" this morning.  Basically a puff piece about just another douchey, rich, scion of industry. 

Personally, I think the story about his grandfather, the actual founder of Fiat would have been far, far more interesting.  From the founding of the company, it's growth and ultimately him being accused of colluding in WW2.  I think I'd have rather watched something about that.

yeah it looked like a big ad for Fiat to me...puff piece indeed. Sad they went that route.

your other suggestion sounds much more interesting

Yea, they interviewed his equally rich family and friends.  So, ultimately it was a puff piece.

Honestly, you could have inserted any rich heir into the place of Agnelli, and it would have been the same story,

Coke head?  Check.

Party guy/girl? Check.

Rich/Powerful friends? Check.

Philanderer? Check.

Terrible parent?  Check.

Living in their own world? Check.

HBO typically has fantastic documentaries.  I'm a HUGE fan.  This was the biggest letdown of any of their documentaries in recent years I think.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2442 on: December 19, 2017, 09:52:41 pm »

Yea but he didn't feel creepy if you know what I mean?

OMG, your radar is broken.   :rofl2:  Did IQ watch it with you?  She'd pick it up!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 19, 2017, 10:07:07 pm »

Yea but he didn't feel creepy if you know what I mean?

OMG, your radar is broken.   :rofl2:  Did IQ watch it with you?  She'd pick it up!

My radar isn't broken.  LOL...

If that guy was in line with you at the coffee shop and asked you the time....there's nothing about him you'd say "OMG..PERV ALERT!". 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2444 on: December 19, 2017, 10:33:36 pm »
If it was THIS guy, YES, I would say "OMG WHAT A PERV!"

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #2445 on: December 20, 2017, 10:32:04 am »
The firm's going to see The Last Jedi on Friday.  Wifey and I have already rewatched Episodes 1 (*shudder*)-5.  Tonight is 6, tomorrow 7 and 8.  Then we're all set :)

Not necessary, but definitely fun to marathon it.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 20, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
The firm's going to see The Last Jedi on Friday.  Wifey and I have already rewatched Episodes 1 (*shudder*)-5.  Tonight is 6, tomorrow 7 and 8.  Then we're all set :)

the saga starts at 4, the first 3 deserve to be forgotten

also dont forget Rogue One, which took place right before 4

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12386
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #2447 on: December 20, 2017, 06:23:54 pm »

Rogue One was way better than any of 1 - 3, which were all crap.

Saw Last Jedi on Sunday and will be going again Friday.  Long but good.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2448 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:56 pm »

Rogue One was way better than any of 1 - 3, which were all crap.

Saw Last Jedi on Sunday and will be going again Friday.  Long but good.

I have all time in the world at moment, to watch these movies , they is not evern on the list

The sad part there really nothing on the list to watch , not many entertaining shows out there

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 24, 2017, 02:49:40 am »
Fantastic animated movie just coming on TV now! Hooray..something good to watch at this of hour. Movie is from 2006 called "Renaissance".

Fantastic movie.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 25, 2017, 12:47:39 am »
Went and saw the new Star Wars movie yesterday...I'm in the "meh... :P" camp on this one. Didn't leave me wanting for the next one. 

Also watched Dunkirk the other evening...mmmmmmm...whatever.  Kinda hard to follow at first, and I swear one part of the timeline simply doesn't match up...but it was alright.  Seen better, seen a lot worse.

As for the Jedi...I'd say watch Thor instead if you're only going to see one movie this month.  To say Thor > than Jedi...well you might actually need 2 or 3 more >'s.  I'd bet Jumanji'd be more enjoyable/fun.  Almost sorry I didn't see it instead. Possibly more memorable too, and I was awake for the whole movie.  Maybe it was all the hype, and it didn't live up to it for me.  Shoot my wife almost fell asleep in the theater and we went for the 11:30 AM showing.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #2451 on: December 25, 2017, 12:43:21 pm »
I have a little catching up to do.  Just watched Christmas Vacation for the first time.   :rofl2:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 25, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »
I have a little catching up to do.  Just watched Christmas Vacation for the first time.   :rofl2:
All time great Xmas movie!

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 25, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »
All time great Xmas movie!

BEST Xmas movie. Hands down.

Watch it every year with the family.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2454 on: December 26, 2017, 10:45:19 am »
Watched a bunch of movies over the last week but Dunkirk was the only standout of the bunch.  Very well done and much of that has to do with the excellent sound quality.  The gun shots in the first scene made me feel like I was the one following them with the camera. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 26, 2017, 10:54:54 am »
Watched a bunch of movies over the last week but Dunkirk was the only standout of the bunch.  Very well done and much of that has to do with the excellent sound quality.  The gun shots in the first scene made me feel like I was the one following them with the camera.

yes the sound design is fantastic, a hallmark of Nolan's pictures

I loved how the Spitfires rattled and groaned and creaked, and the thrumming if the Merlin was resounding in the cabin, etc., like they would in 1940.

Not a perfect historical piece, some inaccuracies for sure, but still a riveting piece of film.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2456 on: December 26, 2017, 11:06:31 am »

yes the sound design is fantastic, a hallmark of Nolan's pictures

I loved how the Spitfires rattled and groaned and creaked, and the thrumming if the Merlin was resounding in the cabin, etc., like they would in 1940.

Not a perfect historical piece, some inaccuracies for sure, but still a riveting piece of film.

Yes, it's definitely the kind of film  best watched on a big screen with a big accurate sound system. Riveting indeed!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 26, 2017, 07:53:04 pm »
We made sure to see Dunkirk in AVX when it came out.  Worth it.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: December 26, 2017, 08:14:43 pm »
Saw the new Star Wars yesterday.

It's missing something from the originals...so another "meh" in the franchise.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2459 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:27 pm »
Saw the new Star Wars yesterday.

It's missing something from the originals...so another "meh" in the franchise.

Trying to do something with my Dad. Asked him if he wanted to go see a concert at Masey Hall before it closes in the summer for 2 years of construction, as the acoustics are great.  Says it's too far (from Ft.Erie to Toronto, 2 hours), but my step mom has family in Toronto that they visit often, so I don't get it.  Then I asked if he wanted to see Dunkirk (a while ago), he didn't want to.  Talked to him last night, he saw it on Kodi, says he didn't like it.  Asked him if wanted to see the new Star Wars movie, he said sure, but that it has to be iMax 3D, which is about 1 hour away from him.  So now I have to wait on him, to figure out the day. 

Parents, are harder to please then my kids!