Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 853125 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #2600 on: February 23, 2018, 09:57:13 pm »
Not exactly off topic.  Was on Amazon.ca last night.  Saw a deal of the day thing.  X-Files Season 1-10 on Blu-ray for 40% off.  Ordered it at 11pm, got here 10 min ago.  $121.99 plus tax.  Heck of a deal.
yep, leave it to the original series though...the new episodes are just not as good as what they were
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2601 on: February 23, 2018, 10:43:23 pm »
Not exactly off topic.  Was on Amazon.ca last night.  Saw a deal of the day thing.  X-Files Season 1-10 on Blu-ray for 40% off.  Ordered it at 11pm, got here 10 min ago.  $121.99 plus tax.  Heck of a deal.
yep, leave it to the original series though...the new episodes are just not as good as what they were

Yeah, haven't watched all of the episodes.  So I am not sure if I need to watch Season 10 and 11 to complete the story line.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: February 24, 2018, 04:44:24 am »
Watched "Moon" on Netflix starring Sam Rockwell.

Not bad...worth a watch. I quite like him as an actor.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2603 on: February 24, 2018, 10:50:59 am »

That was a very interesting movie.  He was quite good in it.
Mr Pickypants

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2604 on: February 24, 2018, 11:11:58 am »
^^ I liked it.  Such a nice change of pace from a constant stream of movies with explosions.  Very engaging.

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #2605 on: February 24, 2018, 11:48:23 am »
I agree with the Sam Rockwell comment.  Very underrated.

We have snow on the ground and it's cold, so I haven't been able to ride my bike.  Instead, I've been 'riding' my stationary bike.  To keep the boredom at bay I've been watching movies while I ride.
We have a stack of DVDs that my wife bought at a garage sale and a couple of days ago I started watching The Battle of Britain.

I've watch before, but that was years ago.  What a great movie!  I liked it so much I'm watching it again with the commentary on.  It's very interesting finding out how each scene was made.  For instance, Michael Kane is in the movie, but dies part way through.   I thought it was odd to kill off one of the big stars so early on in the movie.  Turns out he had other commitments and could only stay for the first part of the movie's production, so they had to kill him off early. 
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2606 on: February 24, 2018, 12:08:59 pm »
I agree with the Sam Rockwell comment.  Very underrated.

We have snow on the ground and it's cold, so I haven't been able to ride my bike.  Instead, I've been 'riding' my stationary bike.  To keep the boredom at bay I've been watching movies while I ride.
We have a stack of DVDs that my wife bought at a garage sale and a couple of days ago I started watching The Battle of Britain.

I've watch before, but that was years ago.  What a great movie!  I liked it so much I'm watching it again with the commentary on.  It's very interesting finding out how each scene was made.  For instance, Michael Kane is in the movie, but dies part way through.   I thought it was odd to kill off one of the big stars so early on in the movie.  Turns out he had other commitments and could only stay for the first part of the movie's production, so they had to kill him off early.
Battle of Britain is one of, if not THE, best war movies of all time. Such a fantastic film, especially considering its age.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2607 on: February 24, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
^^ Agreed, the Battle of Britain was an epic movie.  :thumbup:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: February 24, 2018, 06:39:44 pm »

That was a very interesting movie.  He was quite good in it.
Not as good as he was in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind LOL

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2609 on: February 25, 2018, 06:16:13 pm »
He was great in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri which we watched the other night. Great movie.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2610 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:04 pm »
Was up late the other night and re-watched Boiler Room.  Still great.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: February 25, 2018, 08:53:37 pm »
He was great in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri which we watched the other night. Great movie.

Actually wasn't impressed myself.  With the three billboard movie...

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 26, 2018, 01:59:49 pm »
Watched Jumanji (the new one) last night.  I'd give it 2 thumbs up.  More if I had more thumbs.  Roger that.  And I'd watch it again...if for no other reason than Ruby Roundhouse...damn that girl can dance fight.  ;D 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: March 26, 2018, 02:02:32 pm »
Yesterday I was cleaning out my home office and found a DVD copy of Blue Thunder, still in its original packaging.  Its a great movie I used to love when I was a kid.  Surprising holds up very well.

Then I watched Wind River on Netflix.  Great movie. 

Tried to watch Transformers: The last Knight, could only last 5-10 minutes before I turned it off.

Cool, never heard of Blue Thunder.  Something to watch when the missus is working nights.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: March 26, 2018, 02:07:19 pm »
Watched Jumanji (the new one) last night.  I'd give it 2 thumbs up.  More if I had more thumbs.  Roger that.  And I'd watch it again...if for no other reason than Ruby Roundhouse...damn that girl can dance fight.  ;D

I watched this with the family a few days ago. Great show that could bridge a good sized age difference.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #2615 on: March 26, 2018, 02:37:55 pm »
Yesterday I was cleaning out my home office and found a DVD copy of Blue Thunder, still in its original packaging.  Its a great movie I used to love when I was a kid.  Surprising holds up very well.

Tried to watch Transformers: The last Knight, could only last 5-10 minutes before I turned it off.

Cool, never heard of Blue Thunder.  Something to watch when the missus is working nights.

I enjoyed Blue Thunder immensely when it came out.  Only saw it as a rental but it still was exciting, even on the small screen.  Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it before.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2616 on: March 26, 2018, 02:41:20 pm »

I watched this with the family a few days ago. Great show that could bridge a good sized age difference.

Jumanji has great sound. Crank it up for the drums and hope your pictures don't fall off the walls wtih the elephants.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 26, 2018, 03:08:18 pm »

What are you talking about, JAFO?

There was even a TV show based on it!

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #2618 on: March 27, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »

Early 80s movie starting Roy Scheider as a Police helicopter pilot.

I remember as kids we used to argue which was the better helicopter, Blue Thunder or Airwolf.

Ah, Airwolf.  That was the name of the other show I was trying to remember.  Loved that show, including the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8syGlAMTKA

and his cello solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9qyfKk70Y

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 27, 2018, 06:41:22 pm »

Early 80s movie starting Roy Scheider as a Police helicopter pilot.

I remember as kids we used to argue which was the better helicopter, Blue Thunder or Airwolf.

Ah, Airwolf.  That was the name of the other show I was trying to remember.  Loved that show, including the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8syGlAMTKA

and his cello solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9qyfKk70Y

I nearly fell off my chair when Rick and Morty did a bit about Jan-Michael Vincent!!

https://youtu.be/nLB4dU3Yc6M