Author Topic: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?  (Read 535714 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?
« Reply #2220 on: April 16, 2021, 01:40:00 am »
Don't sweat it. The worst you can do is fail and then you will pass the second one.  Be humble, cautious, but confident. Watch your position in your lane and you will be fine.

No stoppies, save that for the celebration lap in the parking lot.  ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #2221 on: April 16, 2021, 08:46:23 am »
Can't you get a written learners at any time, and then ride (with certain restrictions)?

It's been a while, but from what I remember I didn't get my full motorcycle license for some time

I don't think so.

You can do your M1 no problem, and then you can do the M2 on their bikes. So don't need to actually buy a bike until you have your M2 already. Like you said, the tricky bit is getting it booked when it's busy.

Good thing is, if it's later in the year you should be able to get a better deal on the bike.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2222 on: April 16, 2021, 09:22:24 am »
Is your test coming up?
Yup, next Wednesday, I'm a lot nervous

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Know what that feels like, pretty sure I failed it three times.

The last time I was pretty much vibrating from nerves. Everything went well, I'd fixed the bike issues by then, and then at one intersection I started going down the left hand side of the road (brain must have flashed back to the previous summer riding in England). Instructor went 'you did so well otherwise, why the hell did you do that?' Instafail

Took it again. Passed finally, drove the bike to Newfoundland and back that summer, which was what I was after. Had to just keep pounding away at it

For most people it is way easier I am sure.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 16, 2021, 11:53:38 am »
Is your test coming up?

The last time I was pretty much vibrating from nerves. Everything went well, I'd fixed the bike issues by then, and then at one intersection I started going down the left hand side of the road (brain must have flashed back to the previous summer riding in England). Instructor went 'you did so well otherwise, why the hell did you do that?' Instafail

Took it again. Passed finally, drove the bike to Newfoundland and back that summer, which was what I was after. Had to just keep pounding away at it

How was the trip and what did you do it on?

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #2224 on: April 16, 2021, 02:26:04 pm »
Can't you get a written learners at any time, and then ride (with certain restrictions)?

It's been a while, but from what I remember I didn't get my full motorcycle license for some time

I don't think so.

You can do your M1 no problem, and then you can do the M2 on their bikes. So don't need to actually buy a bike until you have your M2 already. Like you said, the tricky bit is getting it booked when it's busy.

Good thing is, if it's later in the year you should be able to get a better deal on the bike.

I am booked for August with a request for an earlier slot if there are any cancelations.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2225 on: April 16, 2021, 03:27:20 pm »
Is your test coming up?

Good, lot of driving though. Wrote it up some here:

https://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55484.msg461652#msg461652

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 17, 2021, 01:13:45 pm »
Is your test coming up?

Wow I forgot about that thread. You got the use out of that bike. Do you still have the TW?

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 17, 2021, 01:41:54 pm »

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
« Reply #2228 on: April 17, 2021, 02:07:38 pm »
Is your test coming up?

Wow I forgot about that thread. You got the use out of that bike. Do you still have the TW?

Still do, yeah. What with moving to the big city and getting married to a wife who is deathly afraid of motorcycles it has sat for years and I moved on to other hobbies

Should probably get it running and sell it, likely a good time now

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 17, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »
Is your test coming up?

Still do, yeah. What with moving to the big city and getting married to a wife who is deathly afraid of motorcycles it has sat for years and I moved on to other hobbies

Should probably get it running and sell it, likely a good time now

If you don't want to deal with it perhaps we can make a deal. PM me if you are interested. I will need a winter project.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #2230 on: April 22, 2021, 01:55:05 pm »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #2231 on: April 22, 2021, 02:19:02 pm »
Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weKz-mNPfe4
omg...those RPMs...sweet baby jeebus.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #2232 on: April 22, 2021, 02:52:58 pm »

Gooddam - that's some otherworldly kind of wail from that motor.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 22, 2021, 02:53:36 pm »

Not bad for a 250cc eh! IIRC it has a 17K redline.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 22, 2021, 02:55:47 pm »

Not bad for a 250cc eh! IIRC it has a 17K redline.

17k - jeebus  :o :o :o

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2235 on: April 22, 2021, 04:06:19 pm »
Did anyone catch the actual top speed of that bike? I didn't know recording in 720p was still an option these days. That engine wail though.  :drool:

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 22, 2021, 05:15:37 pm »
Did anyone catch the actual top speed of that bike? I didn't know recording in 720p was still an option these days. That engine wail though.  :drool:
not sure what the power output or gearing is like...my old 250 scooter back in the day would do 130 km/hr...i'm guessing that bike would do 200 or close to it?

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2237 on: April 22, 2021, 05:36:59 pm »
I decided to Google it like a normal person. 190 km/h. If we take off 10% for the typical inaccuracy of the speedometer that's 171 km/h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FutFF22GJQ

My CBR 250R is 135 km/h GPS verified in comparison (150 on the speedometer). My CB300F I got up to 143 km/h (159 speedo) and R3 154 km/h (171 speedo), 164 km/h downhill in a full race tuck (181 speedo).

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 22, 2021, 05:49:25 pm »
My Suzuki TU250X could do 110km/h all day long - as long as it was not uphill or into a strong wind. Top speed would be maybe 140km/h on the flat with a full tuck. I got close (as indicated by the speedo once).

A friend of mine had a CB300F - it had a definite power advantage especially on the mountain grades.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 22, 2021, 06:32:51 pm »
I decided to Google it like a normal person. 190 km/h. If we take off 10% for the typical inaccuracy of the speedometer that's 171 km/h.
you think a modern speedometer is out by 10%?...from what i've read, they can't be out by more than +/- 2.5% by law...what can cause an issue is changing the factory tire circumference...so either "non-stock" wheel sizes and/or tires with a decent amount of wear on them (slightly reducing their size).