Author Topic: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?  (Read 535074 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?
« Reply #1800 on: December 08, 2020, 06:11:35 pm »
^^^ :cheers:  Really looking forward to checking it out in person.

There used to be like 3 dealers for all of Ontario.

Any near you?

Sturgess in Hamilton or GP Bikes in Whitby. I had good service from GP but both are good.

Is there only 2 now??  I guess I could be less lazy and look at the Triumph website eh??   :rofl: :rofl2:
triplebob is correct...at least for the GTA region...Inglis Cycle in London sells them in this region.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 08, 2020, 06:12:40 pm »

triplebob is correct...at least for the GTA region...Inglis Cycle in London sells them in this region.

Inglis was awesome, because it's right across the street from the cookie factory and it always smelled glorious!!
Mike Inglis is a good guy, too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 06:15:46 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 08, 2020, 06:18:45 pm »

Inglis was awesome, because it's right across the street from the cookie factory and it always smelled glorious!!

Bob Inglis was a good guy, too.
you're dating yourself now...that factory (McCormick's) closed a LONG time ago.  :)

fun fact, my mother used to work there (late 60s)...an interesting company policy was you could eat as much as you wanted on the line (kind of like that I Love Lucie episode where she's eating all kinds of chocolates on the production line)...i thought it was odd that they'd allow you to do that and asked her if she ate a lot...she said she did for the first couple of days...after that, you don't touch it...that's why they did it...eat as much as you want, you'll eat $20 worth your first week, then won't eat it again...smart policy.

the building has been mostly torn down...it's part of a redevelopment of the area (including the Kellogg's factory a block away that also closed a few years ago).

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 08, 2020, 06:22:50 pm »

you're dating yourself now...that factory (McCormick's) closed a LONG time ago.  :)

I've been buying bikes a LONG time!!   :cheers:

They, IMO, used to be the best dealer in Ontario.  Was like going to a bike show because they carried every JDM brand PLUS all the Euro brands.  Was awesome!!  Was one of the (many) times I've seen someone drop a Ducati.  The older Ducatis had spring loaded side-stands.  You'd lift the bike off the side stand and it would automatically retract.  People would go to get off the bike...and drop it.  My following visit there, they had a "ask staff to sit on Ducatis" sign up.   :rofl: :rofl2:

Inglis was a preferred place to buy from (for me) as you could buy a strictly off-road model and Inglis would magically get you a street legal ownership to go along with it (aka Blue Plating).  GOOD TIMES!!   ;D

**EDIT**  Factory closed in 2008.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 06:29:37 pm by rrocket »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1804 on: December 08, 2020, 06:27:12 pm »

you're dating yourself now...

like that I Love Lucie episode...

:rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Pot meet Kettle.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12388
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #1805 on: December 08, 2020, 10:21:47 pm »

Any near you?

Sturgess in Hamilton or GP Bikes in Whitby. I had good service from GP but both are good.

Going by the web sites, GP seems to have more actual bike inventory. Hamilton is so much closer though that I'll probably start there.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1806 on: December 08, 2020, 10:27:29 pm »

Any near you?

Going by the web sites, GP seems to have more actual bike inventory. Hamilton is so much closer though that I'll probably start there.

Every spring GPBikes and Royal Distributing have a big sale, well worth driving to if you want to pick up gear or just shop.   They are just down the street from one another.
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 08, 2020, 10:42:33 pm »

Any near you?

Every spring GPBikes and Royal Distributing have a big sale, well worth driving to if you want to pick up gear or just shop.   They are just down the street from one another.

Yup..worth going to at least once.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 08, 2020, 11:44:03 pm »

you're dating yourself now...

like that I Love Lucie episode...

:rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Pot meet Kettle.
oh come on...it's infamous. ;D

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 08, 2020, 11:58:51 pm »
They, IMO, used to be the best dealer in Ontario.  Was like going to a bike show because they carried every JDM brand PLUS all the Euro brands.  Was awesome!!  Was one of the (many) times I've seen someone drop a Ducati.  The older Ducatis had spring loaded side-stands.  You'd lift the bike off the side stand and it would automatically retract.  People would go to get off the bike...and drop it.  My following visit there, they had a "ask staff to sit on Ducatis" sign up.   :rofl: :rofl2:

Inglis was a preferred place to buy from (for me) as you could buy a strictly off-road model and Inglis would magically get you a street legal ownership to go along with it (aka Blue Plating).  GOOD TIMES!!   ;D
yea, they did have a lot of unique uncommon brands, but most of them are gone now (understandable as i'm sure they don't sell huge volumes and perhaps the MFRs required they inventory a lot of $$$$ worth...they have since dropped Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Vespa (i'm guessing these are likely all from the same distributor), but they still carry Triumph and i see they picked up Husqvarna.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 09, 2020, 01:47:04 am »

yea, they did have a lot of unique uncommon brands, but most of them are gone now (understandable as i'm sure they don't sell huge volumes and perhaps the MFRs required they inventory a lot of $$$$ worth...they have since dropped Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Vespa (i'm guessing these are likely all from the same distributor), but they still carry Triumph and i see they picked up Husqvarna.
Last I heard he didn't carry KTM either...but maybe he will again since he has Husky? (KTM owns Husky)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 09, 2020, 09:10:24 am »

Last I heard he didn't carry KTM either...but maybe he will again since he has Husky? (KTM owns Husky)
yea, no KTM dealer in London...closed dealers are Exeter and Tillsonburg, which is odd...however, maybe the dirt bikes are more common and they likely sell more dirt bikes in small rural cities than big cities (since you can't ride them in town)...he didn't have Husky last year, so that is a new pick up for them...for the stuff he no longer carries, it's kind of too bad...Ducati's are cool, but sportbikes are kind of a dying breed right now (high insurance cost, not the most comfortable)...the Moto Guzzi bikes were really nice looking and different, but i'm not sure what reliability was like on any of those Italian machines (i've read it's not great)...Aprilia was also very rare, and again suffers from the same fate as Ducati...and as much as i like scooters, i was never a big fan of Vespa models...tiny wheels, minimal storage, and the overall look of them just never interested me.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1812 on: December 09, 2020, 09:30:54 am »

yea, no KTM dealer in London...closed dealers are Exeter and Tillsonburg, which is odd...however, maybe the dirt bikes are more common and they likely sell more dirt bikes in small rural cities than big cities (since you can't ride them in town)...he didn't have Husky last year, so that is a new pick up for them...for the stuff he no longer carries, it's kind of too bad...Ducati's are cool, but sportbikes are kind of a dying breed right now (high insurance cost, not the most comfortable)...the Moto Guzzi bikes were really nice looking and different, but i'm not sure what reliability was like on any of those Italian machines (i've read it's not great)...Aprilia was also very rare, and again suffers from the same fate as Ducati...and as much as i like scooters, i was never a big fan of Vespa models...tiny wheels, minimal storage, and the overall look of them just never interested me.

There is also Lang's Offroad near London, not sure what they're carrying now.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 09, 2020, 09:39:57 am »

never heard of them...looks like they only carry Beta bikes (dirt bikes), which is why i've never heard of them...they don't appear to carry any of the on road brands.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12388
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #1814 on: December 09, 2020, 10:37:31 am »

Any near you?

Thanks for the tip!  Since I need ALL the bloody gear, a one-stop sale would be peachy.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1815 on: December 09, 2020, 11:24:51 am »

Nothing, they just burned down a few weeks ago. Terrible news. He's just getting going again.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 09, 2020, 11:27:00 am »

Nothing, they just burned down a few weeks ago. Terrible news. He's just getting going again.

Oh yeah, now I remember.  That was awful

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #1817 on: December 09, 2020, 11:36:25 am »

Any near you?

GP is great all round, eh?  I had some service done there in the past, and their sales folks seemed to be more on the ball than at Sturgess.  That said, for service and parts, I've found Sturgess really good for both of my Triumphs and my Kawi.
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 10, 2020, 08:12:51 pm »
I really like this Honda concept the more I look at it...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 11, 2020, 11:57:59 am »
It looks very tall, what type of bike is it supposed to be?

Has an RC8 influence.