Author Topic: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?  (Read 534853 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?
« Reply #1640 on: May 21, 2020, 10:43:41 am »
80k in a couple of seasons. Impressive.   A Goldwing is on the edge of my future quiver. On the other end is an electric scooter.

Have you gone f*ckin' mad, what's wrong with you?!?

Come on, man.  A GTI is the automotive equivalent of a sport scooter.   ;D  Maybe more so when stepping out of an AMG monster (sportbike).

Goldwing is like driving an a S-Class or Rolls...

Says the guy who went from a KTM and a sporty Lexus Sedan, to a brown scooter and a Florida sports car that looks like a blob of jelly sitting on a chrome dish.  :P

Sir you are on a roll...  ;D

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #1641 on: May 21, 2020, 05:57:23 pm »
80k in a couple of seasons. Impressive.   A Goldwing is on the edge of my future quiver. On the other end is an electric scooter.

Come on, man.  A GTI is the automotive equivalent of a sport scooter.   ;D  Maybe more so when stepping out of an AMG monster (sportbike).

Says the guy who went from a KTM and a sporty Lexus Sedan, to a brown scooter and a Florida sports car that looks like a blob of jelly sitting on a chrome dish.  [emoji14]

:rofl: :rofl2: But don't get so bewildered for people wanting to try a scooter/Gold Wing (I think you're joking..but it isn't always clear).  Having owned most category of bikes, I see why people like them for their own qualities.  Goldwing for touring, scooters for commuting utility, SM for honing skills and carving, etc...

I buy what I like to ride...or to try new things...not to impress people at Bikes and Coffee night.    ;D

Sold my scooter BTW...  ;)  Told ya that 890R was tugging at my heart strings (or the new 490 SM).  I'm in the same boat as you though....not sure dealers will co-operate for a new bike purchase during the Covid time.. :'(

PM sent...I have something for you.

This. Riders are the worst at judging other riders, I’ve been guilty myself at times but I try to be aware that everyone has their reasons. Heck I’ll wave at Canam Spyders and Rykers.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1642 on: May 21, 2020, 06:15:51 pm »

Says the guy who went from a KTM and a sporty Lexus Sedan, to a brown scooter and a Florida sports car that looks like a blob of jelly sitting on a chrome dish.  [emoji14]

:rofl: :rofl2: But don't get so bewildered for people wanting to try a scooter/Gold Wing (I think you're joking..but it isn't always clear).  Having owned most category of bikes, I see why people like them for their own qualities.  Goldwing for touring, scooters for commuting utility, SM for honing skills and carving, etc...

I buy what I like to ride...or to try new things...not to impress people at Bikes and Coffee night.    ;D

Sold my scooter BTW...  ;)  Told ya that 890R was tugging at my heart strings (or the new 490 SM).  I'm in the same boat as you though....not sure dealers will co-operate for a new bike purchase during the Covid time.. :'(

This. Riders are the worst at judging other riders, I’ve been guilty myself at times but I try to be aware that everyone has their reasons. Heck I’ll wave at Canam Spyders and Rykers.

I'll wave at everyone apart from eBikes, f*ckin' menace.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 21, 2020, 06:31:23 pm »
I don't wave. Just lazy.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #1644 on: May 21, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »

Oh those scooter style motor assisted bicycles are awful. I hate them.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #1645 on: May 21, 2020, 07:19:30 pm »

DUI machines aren't part of the crew...they get the finger, not a wave.  :P
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 21, 2020, 07:29:19 pm »
Meh..I don't care...if someone waves, I wave.

Shrug.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #1647 on: May 21, 2020, 07:41:51 pm »

Shrug.
you live in a small town though, you kind of have to...you start flipping everyone the bird, everyone will know it's you. ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1648 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:29 pm »

DUI machines aren't part of the crew...they get the finger, not a wave.  :P
Yep, DUIcycle.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1649 on: May 21, 2020, 08:28:58 pm »

Shrug.
you live in a small town though, you kind of have to...you start flipping everyone the bird, everyone will know it's you. ;D

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:33 pm »

Shrug.

I don't just ride in a small town...duh.   ;D  400k in Windsor and surrounding county...

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 23, 2020, 09:47:33 pm »

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/calgary/cz-125-2-stroke-motorcycle-1964-jawa/1497515023

For some reason I really want this one.

It still on sale apparently, you haven't pull the trigger yet on that one?  Why not try to low bid the seller (as most do anyway) ?  ;)
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 24, 2020, 12:12:16 am »
I might. The wife will not be happy!  ;D

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 24, 2020, 01:52:34 am »
Tell her you bought it for her?

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 24, 2020, 09:46:18 am »
Tell her you bought it for her?

For the "Mother's Day" (May 10, 2020). Ok, 2 weeks late but it still a gift, isn't ?  :flowers:

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 24, 2020, 11:23:45 am »

I'd have to borrow her new minivan to haul a 2-stroke bike home in.  :rofl2:

Maybe ...

Offline rrocket

• View Profile

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 09, 2020, 10:59:29 am »
https://youtu.be/RXxgC8YsFTQ

Just not sure fwd controls would be that great for more than a short ride.  But I like the way this guy rode it...he has the same right wrist I do.  ;D  No wonder I never got better than very low 30's (mpgs) on the V-Max.  160 km on a tank was a stretch. 

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 09, 2020, 12:05:17 pm »
American muscle in the UK. They haven't seen American muscle like that since the P47 with  paddle prop showed up 75 years ago.