Author Topic: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?  (Read 535068 times)

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
Re: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?
« Reply #1420 on: April 13, 2020, 11:06:18 am »
our local dealer recently listed this bike (BMW R NineT Pure):

https://www.wolfmotorcycles.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=8629509&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

i like these...assuming it hasn't been dropped or anything, that's a pretty good price as it's about $5k off a new one (comparably equipped) and only has 6300 kms on it.
When looking at that one... this one caught my eye.... https://www.wolfmotorcycles.com/Pre-Owned-Inventory-2017-BMW-Motorcycle-Scooter-F800R-Dynamic-Safety-Light-White-Lupin-Blue-Racing-Red-London-Ontario-8197525

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #1422 on: April 13, 2020, 12:48:47 pm »
our local dealer recently listed this bike (BMW R NineT Pure):

https://www.wolfmotorcycles.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=8629509&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

i like these...assuming it hasn't been dropped or anything, that's a pretty good price as it's about $5k off a new one (comparably equipped) and only has 6300 kms on it.

That is nice. Only BMW would have a $1000 "tach upgrade"  ;D
i'm not sure what that is, but it also mentions a rear soft bag (so perhaps the $1000 is for both?)...this dealership is right around the corner from me, so if it weren't for the COVID, i'd go check it out (just for giggles  :( ).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1423 on: April 13, 2020, 07:34:42 pm »
I like the original R nineT, but the other variants have some definite budget parts, and don't look nearly as good IMHO.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1424 on: April 13, 2020, 08:32:21 pm »
Put myvan for sale...

Please view this ad:

2004 honda st1300a
3000 obo,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/calgary/2004-honda-st1300a-3000-obo/1493511516?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $ 3,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
 https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jd

Wowowowow...

Ive never driven bike like that but  like the ideal of full windshield comfort.

Oh, OK, I thought you were selling the bike that I didn't think you had.

Makes more sense now.   Those are nice, price seems good
Mr Pickypants

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »
It’s heavy, but it’s made for swallowing up miles in comfort while still being able to take corners.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:30 pm »
Well, add this to the list of scoots we’re likely not getting. Announced in the USA.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1427 on: April 13, 2020, 11:18:55 pm »
Well, add this to the list of scoots we’re likely not getting. Announced in the USA.

Good. The less scooters the better.  :rofl2:

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 14, 2020, 12:33:59 am »
I like the original R nineT, but the other variants have some definite budget parts, and don't look nearly as good IMHO.
the Pure model is a stripped down version, but is also less expensive...same engine as before (air/oil cooled, which is their old engine), but you don't get the fancy upside down front forks, or the monoblock brembos (regular brembos front, BMW rears)...for 99% of people, the Pure is fine...if you really want to take it to the 10/10ths, then go for the top model...i'd never track it, and only use it for commuting...nothing wrong with what's on it for regular use...although, i admit, i'd be tempted to get the 719 gas tank that is black/gold...that different coloured tank makes such a difference:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:39:01 am by dirtyjeffer »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 14, 2020, 12:26:49 pm »
the Pure model is a stripped down version, but is also less expensive...same engine as before (air/oil cooled, which is their old engine), but you don't get the fancy upside down front forks, or the monoblock brembos (regular brembos front, BMW rears)...for 99% of people, the Pure is fine...if you really want to take it to the 10/10ths, then go for the top model...i'd never track it, and only use it for commuting...nothing wrong with what's on it for regular use...although, i admit, i'd be tempted to get the 719 gas tank that is black/gold...that different coloured tank makes such a difference:

I just think the forks and a few other bits look cheap.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 14, 2020, 12:59:43 pm »

I just think the forks and a few other bits look cheap.
hmmm...odd, because there's not that many differences other than what i mentioned.

Visually, the closest relative of the 2017 BMW R nineT Pure is the flagship standard R nineT. The main differences between the two motorcycles are that the Pure has traditional forks (vs. inverted on the standard), a single muffler (vs. two exhausts), cast aluminum wheels (vs. wire-spoke), a steel fuel tank (vs. aluminum), no tachometer, and an $11,995 price tag compared to $15,395 for the standard.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/12/13/2017-bmw-r-ninet-pure-review-11-fast-facts/

as well, some people option the wire-spoke wheels (shown in photo above) although i'd prefer the cast wheels myself...the above tank is also an aluminum one too (replacing the stock painted steel one), so you can certainly narrow the gap of differences without going to top spec if you don't want to.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 14, 2020, 01:50:44 pm »

Where did the scooter hurt you?  :P

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 14, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »

Where did the scooter hurt you?  :P

Everywhere.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 14, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »

if it's coming to the USA, it's possible we get it...currently, the one Honda scooter available is the Ruckus, and i rarely see those around so i can't imagine they sell that many.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 15, 2020, 12:18:19 am »

if it's coming to the USA, it's possible we get it...currently, the one Honda scooter available is the Ruckus, and i rarely see those around so i can't imagine they sell that many.
We didn’t get the redesigned PCX, and Yamaha won’t bring the XMax here.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:36 am »
We didn’t get the redesigned PCX, and Yamaha won’t bring the XMax here.
true, but perhaps they didn't bring the redesigned PCX because they were waiting to bring this instead?...anything is possible...i don't know why they bother with the Ruckus...if you are only going to carry one scooter, make it this ADV150...no one buys a Ruckus...you might as well just buy an e-bike.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 15, 2020, 09:16:04 am »
Ruckuses are everywhere in Vancouver. People do wacky things to them.

Yamaha bowed out of the 49cc market though.

An eBike would’ve never lasted my 40km commute in Vancouver and did it in under an hour if there was no traffic.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 15, 2020, 10:07:55 am »

An eBike would’ve never lasted my 40km commute in Vancouver and did it in under an hour if there was no traffic.
range may be an issue in some of those larger urban areas, but e-bikes are everywhere here in London, mostly because of the way they are advertised (no gas, no licence, no insurance)...and they still are slower than 49cc scooters, but most 49cc scooters max out at about 60 km/hr anyway.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #1438 on: April 15, 2020, 12:42:28 pm »

You're spot-on.  I've ridden at least 3 or 4 different RnineTs over the past few years, and you're 100% correct in that most people will never notice a practical difference between the fancier forks and brakes versus the "lesser" ones.  Even in its most sporting trim, the RnineT is not a bike I'd want to use for track day events.  Still, it's a really cool bike that has a lot of character, sounds great and is really nice to ride whether around town or playing out on the backroads.  And yeah, that post for the one at just under $10k is a very good price, even if it is "just" a Pure model. 
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:48 pm »

They made the ruckus 150cc just couple years.  I know there's one  Calgary.  The guy look like the tin foil hat type with homemade add on to it.  pretty funny.
250cc* same engine as the Reflex. It was ugly but very highway capable. The 150 is speed restricted from the factory at 107 km/h for whatever reason, even though the 13 HP motor could do quite a bit more.