Author Topic: New Trax, Updated Spark, Diesel Malibu, Turbo Orlando and Cruze Wagon Star in Paris  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

The main attraction this year at the Paris Motorshow is the Chevrolet Trax, which makes its world debut.
Read More...

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L

The main attraction this year at the Paris Motorshow is the Chevrolet Trax, which makes its world debut.
Read More...

A comment for the editors - can you guys at least add a comment at the beginning or end of these foreign auto show articles, indicating that the these models are for the European market?  Ideally, indicate if they are coming to Canada (or not)?  Or even if Canadian availability is known at this time?  I find it disingenuous when reading (on a Canada-focused auto site) these obviously cut-and-pasted releases of foreign auto shows, when there is no mention of future Canadain availability (whether known or unknown).

I have to read on insideline that the Chevy Trax is likely coming to Canada, but not the US? I can't get this news (rumour?) from a Canadian source?  I have no idea after reading this news release if the Cruze wagon is coming to Canada?  Or the turbo engine for the Orlando? Or the Malibu diesel? 

I realise that GM Canada probably doesn't know if they are bringing these models to Canada yet - then fine, say that somewhere in the news release.  But the "in Europe" disclaimer in the article regarding engine specs is not sufficient - the reader has no idea if the vehicle is coming here, different engine or not.

Probably should be directing these comments to GM Canada and not autos.ca - I assume you guys just post whatever news releases they send you.  But I find it frustrating having to re-read a news release because I am not sure whether the information is relevant...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
The last I heard the only one of this bunch that we may see other than the Spark, is the Trax. I'm not sure if a final decision was made. It's the same as the Buick Encore.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,

Read More...

A comment for the editors - can you guys at least add a comment at the beginning or end of these foreign auto show articles, indicating that the these models are for the European market?  Ideally, indicate if they are coming to Canada (or not)?  Or even if Canadian availability is known at this time?  I find it disingenuous when reading (on a Canada-focused auto site) these obviously cut-and-pasted releases of foreign auto shows, when there is no mention of future Canadain availability (whether known or unknown).

I have to read on insideline that the Chevy Trax is likely coming to Canada, but not the US? I can't get this news (rumour?) from a Canadian source?  I have no idea after reading this news release if the Cruze wagon is coming to Canada?  Or the turbo engine for the Orlando? Or the Malibu diesel? 

I realise that GM Canada probably doesn't know if they are bringing these models to Canada yet - then fine, say that somewhere in the news release.  But the "in Europe" disclaimer in the article regarding engine specs is not sufficient - the reader has no idea if the vehicle is coming here, different engine or not.

Probably should be directing these comments to GM Canada and not autos.ca - I assume you guys just post whatever news releases they send you.  But I find it frustrating having to re-read a news release because I am not sure whether the information is relevant...

+1 "copy and paste journalism"  :nono:     At least write a brief paragraph of comment/explaination rather than just reposting every press release that comes across your desk.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
I saw diesel in the title and knew it wasn't meant for us.  :P

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent

Read More...

+1 "copy and paste journalism"  :nono:     At least write a brief paragraph of comment/explaination rather than just reposting every press release that comes across your desk.

This isn't just cut and paste.  We unfortunately do not have a dedicated news editor (yet) so I have am posting the news stories on the fly while doing other jobs as well.  That is no excuse, I know, but you should see the releases before I take out all of the over-the-top hyperbole (like Grant mentions in his rant today).  I added the "in Europe" to help people know these are not coming here as of now.  No official word on any of them other than the Trax and Spark are for sure coming.

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
This isn't just cut and paste.  We unfortunately do not have a dedicated news editor (yet) so I have am posting the news stories on the fly while doing other jobs as well.  That is no excuse, I know, but you should see the releases before I take out all of the over-the-top hyperbole (like Grant mentions in his rant today).  I added the "in Europe" to help people know these are not coming here as of now.  No official word on any of them other than the Trax and Spark are for sure coming.

Thanks for the reply Mike.  Maybe a standard disclaimer would be useful for these articles...
 "Warning: Foreign auto show coverage - there is no guarantee that the cool vehicles you see here are going to make it to Canada!  In fact, they most certainly will not!!" :P

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300

Thanks for the reply Mike.  Maybe a standard disclaimer would be useful for these articles...
 "Warning: Foreign auto show coverage - there is no guarantee that the cool vehicles you see here are going to make it to Canada!  In fact, they most certainly will not!!" :P

As soon as you hear of a cool wagon or diesel option, just assume its not meant for the colonies.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent

As soon as you hear of a cool wagon or diesel option, just assume its not meant for the colonies.

:rofl2:

Offline theonlydt

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Mazda 5 GS with the right gearbox (6spd)

You mean they're not bringing their awd, manual, diesel station wagon here and selling it for $15k with a lifetime warranty? HOW DARE THEY?!

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300

You mean they're not bringing their awd, manual, diesel station wagon here and selling it for $15k with a lifetime warranty? HOW DARE THEY?!

$15K....uhhhhh.....who mentioned that?!?!?!!?!? Nope, just whenever I hear of a good looking, diesel, awd, station wagon I instantly assume that its not for over here. Since people are too wrapped up in buying lifted miniva.....I mean CUVs, I understand that we will never get the cool hardware from Europe.

Offline theonlydt

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Mazda 5 GS with the right gearbox (6spd)

$15K....uhhhhh.....who mentioned that?!?!?!!?!?

I was just joking about every car forum demanding an awd, stick, diesel station wagon. You see it on all enthusiast forums. Being from the UK and only in Canada the last 3 years I'd buy an awd, manual diesel station wagon in a shot!

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Or even all the above in a hatchback for those who don't need/want the extra length of a wagon.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.