Author Topic: Bell or Cogeco?  (Read 12166 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Bell or Cogeco?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »
Cancelled bell sat starting aug 19,  going downloads and whatever is ota
But if you have kids it is different, you need to have stuff easy for them to watch
Our cogeco is at 14 mb/s the max in the area is 20 o 14 is good
Have a cogeco basic land line and use talk atone on cell for NA long distance
So we are at 185 a month or 2 cells , phone & net

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 11:56:57 am »
What about teksavvy and the other independent isp's, are they limited to certain areas?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »
My random comments!

- Not a fan of Bell TV. The interface is well designed compared others but the positive comments end there

- I always found Bell internet reliable. I had it for 10 years and my parents have taken over that service for another 5 years. I don't recall it ever being down

- Cogeco Internet I find unreliable for the hardcore user.  For the other 99% of users it's probably fine
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:27:08 pm by RunsinLight »

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
What about teksavvy and the other independent isp's, are they limited to certain areas?
You have to have some high speed system for Teksavvy to run on.  You might well call them, give your new address and ask which provider do they support and if more than 1 which will give the best speed/latency/cap.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12420
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »
The Bell dude left a few hours ago - I'm digging the Fibe big time.  I was watching the Olympics before the installation, and resumed watching after.  It's like I suddenly got a new TV - sharper picture, brighter colours.  A lot more features, free PVR that works between both TVs, less money.  If there's a downside, I haven't found it yet.

Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 08:11:16 am »
I cannot comment on Bell TV but I was a bell customer for Internet and telephone. They have to have been the worst company I have ever dealt with. I cancelled my service with them a couple years ago and switched to Videotron (Quebec).

Bell provided the absolute worst customer service. They had different reps for each product. The wait times were long and trying to resolve issues always ended up being a long confusing and frustrating experience. I really tried very hard to resolve my issues before pulling the plug. I even wrote them letters expressing my frustrations. All to no avail.

Since I switched to Videotron my phone line is clearer, my Internet works better and the customer service is outstanding.

Bell keeps contacting me telling me they have changed. But they haven't. I just had the displeasure of dealing with them with regards to my Mom's phone line. As a result of a medical emergency my mother had to vacate her retirement residence apartment and move into a nursing home. Here is how things went when I tried to cancel the telephone line.

- Advised them on 20 Feb that I wanted to cancel line effective immediately.
- They advise me that I had to give 30 days advance notice so I would have to pay for service till 20 March.
- Very long story short. I got 3 more bills. I continued to be billed for service till 13 April. I was getting charged for long distance charges for a period after cancellation. My mother was not even there and the line was supposed to be cancelled.
- Every time I called them I felt like I was banging my head against the wall.
- It took till mid-Jul to sort all the crap out and get the credits back for what I had been over charged.

Bell has not changed. They are still useless. I am soooo happy to have finally washed my hands of all dealings with them.

Even if they offered their services for free I would doubt I would even use them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:57:50 am by slybry »
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »
Cogeco e-mail services on the fritz currently.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 09:50:10 am »
Railton

Mine is still coming in ok, but keeps saying the sending my password did not succeed.
Dunno.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 09:52:10 am »
Railton

Mine is still coming in ok, but keeps saying the sending my password did not succeed.
Dunno.
Cogeco, finally straightened it out in the wee hours of the morning sometime. Must've been down for a few days and effecting quite a large geographical area.
Railton