Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195678 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #17340 on: July 12, 2021, 08:16:14 am »
Imagine having so much money that you would spend $1.56M on an opened copy of Super Mario 64. I just don't get it.  ???

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #17341 on: July 13, 2021, 01:09:15 am »
National Nude Day and National Tape Measure Day are both celebrated July 14th.
Coincidence? I think not.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17342 on: July 14, 2021, 09:40:10 pm »
This is a good one...

‘We all quit’: Burger King’s disgruntled staff quits via giant sign

https://globalnews.ca/news/8023338/burger-king-sign-quit-employees-lincoln-nebraska/

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: July 17, 2021, 10:39:04 am »
Not new thread worthy...

Some camping pics and video.
Our dog NEVER barks...like never.  Last time he barked was probably back in March when a delivery guy or a deer came on the yard...

First time he rode away...he barked until he was gone (had not barked a single time since we got to the campground 2+ weeks earlier) and then just sat there waiting for his return...he watched the Seadoo disappear until he was almost out of site.

Bear banger lady (camped right beside us - scared the shi# out of most - kinda a badass lady lol)...the bear was right behind our camper (not seen) and the man and his 3 little girls in the tent were gone for the moment when the bear came knocking...funny how people gravitate towards where the bear IS rather than going back to the campers.  We were out for a walk when we saw people gathering around, some were packing their tents and going home...the bear ran to the beach...people there shouting and throwing stuff at it...bear runs back to the camp sites...car honkers going off...more people coming from other sites to see the bear (was just a little guy...teenager maybe?)...my wife's like "let's go back!" I'm like hell no, there's people here...strength in numbers...we walked back and find out the bear was probably 2 seconds behind us crossing our path...see! We should STAY with the people!!

Lastly...food thief!!

At one point came within 6" of the dog, from behind...never saw him, no reaction...scurried away when I moved my foot.  Brave little shi#s.  ;D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #17344 on: July 17, 2021, 10:49:40 am »
Not new thread worthy...

Lastly...food thief!!

At one point came within 6" of the dog, from behind...never saw him, no reaction...scurried away when I moved my foot.  Brave little shi#s.  ;D

What is that little guy?   He's got squirrel colouring, but looks like a chipmunk?
Mr Pickypants

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #17345 on: July 17, 2021, 11:02:50 am »
Not new thread worthy...

Our dog NEVER barks...like never.  Last time he barked was probably back in March when a delivery guy or a deer came on the yard...

First time he rode away...he barked until he was gone (had not barked a single time since we got to the campground 2+ weeks earlier) and then just sat there waiting for his return...he watched the Seadoo disappear until he was almost out of site.

Great pic of Farley.  He's beautiful.  Farley wanted to go for a ride, I bet!

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #17346 on: July 17, 2021, 12:12:55 pm »
Not new thread worthy...

Is that a prong collar you have on Farley? I'm surprised you'd need one on a mature dog.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17348 on: July 17, 2021, 04:34:25 pm »
Is that a prong collar you have on Farley? I'm surprised you'd need one on a mature dog.

Yup...he's old, but he's far from mature.  ;D  He's a 12 yr old puppy...just gets tired faster/sooner.  Put him on a reg leash and he'll damn near pull my arm out...he knows THIS is the biking/walking collar (his excitement level reaches 11 vs 7 with a reg leash) and he's much better behaved.  He is fine after a while with the reg leash/collar, but the first couple hundred feet and he's LET'S Go, NOW!!  This one he (literally) takes the lead and walks nicer. 
He's great around people - once he's jumped up to give you a sniff and or a kiss...then he's meh...who's next?

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: July 22, 2021, 01:30:22 pm »
So I guess it's 3 things in life are guaranteed...death, taxes, and water not giving a dam...holy facking crazy.  :o China too...wow.  We're burning, they're trying to swim.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #17350 on: July 25, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »

Yup...he's old, but he's far from mature.  ;D  He's a 12 yr old puppy...just gets tired faster/sooner.  Put him on a reg leash and he'll damn near pull my arm out...he knows THIS is the biking/walking collar (his excitement level reaches 11 vs 7 with a reg leash) and he's much better behaved.  He is fine after a while with the reg leash/collar, but the first couple hundred feet and he's LET'S Go, NOW!!  This one he (literally) takes the lead and walks nicer. 
He's great around people - once he's jumped up to give you a sniff and or a kiss...then he's meh...who's next?

I need to be best friends with Farley. He looks absolutely awesome.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #17352 on: August 09, 2021, 10:48:30 pm »
Quadzilla's twin sister?

She's the good looking twin.... ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17353 on: August 10, 2021, 07:09:50 am »
Quadzilla's twin sister?

She's the good looking twin.... ;D

Much better looking and even bigger quads  :o

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #17354 on: August 10, 2021, 05:25:17 pm »
Spoke to the owner of a 2022 Honda Civic with approx 800 km on it.  The car was rear ended.   :(

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #17355 on: August 12, 2021, 01:30:25 pm »
My folks accepted an offer on their Florida condo today.  A little sad to see it go as we made some good memories there with our kids, although we hadn't been down since March 2018.  They close on the purchase of a waterfront property in NB this fall, I'm sure the entire family will get more use and enjoyment overall out of that. 

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: September 14, 2021, 08:52:53 am »
Kittens...can't leave any blinds closed...can't leave any screens on the windows...they're crazy.  The bigger they get the more curious they seem to be.  Going through any kind of blind?  Yes we can!  Open the blind and he's at the top of the window crawling up the screen.  ::) 

Open garbage can?  Contents dumped out and Mr. Pickles is lying inside the plastic bag - cute AF but dammit...you've got boxes and cat "toys" to play with!  :rofl:

Wife trying to put the leftovers away...what do you think string spaghetti does to a cat from 4' away?  Yup...both, on the counter, trying to swat at this curious new toy!! Get one down, it pops back up before you get the 2nd one off...lmao.

Sandals scattered across the lobby...guess those are fun to play with too.

It's only a matter of time before all the house plants are dead and gone and spread across the floors...the boy even tried walking across the top of my Apple computer...what are you thinking!?  ::) :P :rofl: He's so dumb.  If he wasn't also the cutest cat ever.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: September 15, 2021, 08:29:10 am »
Soon you will be able to take a GO Train between London and Toronto but you better pack a big lunch as it will take 4 hours. Holy crap. When you got there you would have to get right back on the train to make it home. Only 2 hours to get to Kitchener. Wonder how much they are going to charge for this slow service?

The GO trip from London to Union Station in Toronto will take about four hours, the government said. Kitchener will be a two-hour train ride away. Via Rail is letting the province use its stations, Mulroney said, and CN is giving GO trains access to the rail corridor.

Can't stop laughing at this. Practical? I guess if you only choice is this or walking, maybe. Why would anybody take this over VIA Rail which does the same routes in less time or will they be removing those from VIA Rail's schedule?

“I would expect that Londoners would react very positively to this,” Mulroney said. “What it provides is a real practical transit option.”

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/after-decades-of-talk-about-rail-service-go-is-a-go-for-london

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #17358 on: September 15, 2021, 09:09:23 am »

Can't stop laughing at this. Practical? I guess if you only choice is this or walking, maybe. Why would anybody take this over VIA Rail which does the same routes in less time or will they be removing those from VIA Rail's schedule?

“I would expect that Londoners would react very positively to this,” Mulroney said. “What it provides is a real practical transit option.”

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/after-decades-of-talk-about-rail-service-go-is-a-go-for-london

Less expensive likely. Especially now that there is not bus service to London. It's a step in the right direction and likely intended for students who have all the time in the world, but no money.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: September 15, 2021, 09:20:45 am »

Less expensive likely. Especially now that there is not bus service to London. It's a step in the right direction and likely intended for students who have all the time in the world, but no money.

Ya, it better be cheap. Heard the train leaves London at 5AM and leaves Toronto at 4PM.

It costs $13.15 from Aldershot or $15.25 from Barrie one way on the GO Train. London-Union on VIA is $37 and takes less than 2.5 hours. Doesn't leave much room for pricing to sit on hard seats for 4 hours.