Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195340 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #17000 on: November 18, 2020, 08:04:32 am »
Why would you be getting 8-9 people together during a pandemic?

LOL, really Rob?  You might want to educate yourself on NB before you comment buddy.   ;)

Isn't that what the people of Nunavut said? :stick:

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #17001 on: November 18, 2020, 08:05:21 am »
Poker night at the brewery.   ;D

20201117_183630 by Shane Steeves, on Flickr

Awesome Shane!  :cheers: I'm playing poker with some friends this coming Saturday night.  Can't remember the last time i played.  Must be a couple of years at least.  Afaik there will be six of us playing.
Thats awesome guys! I haven't hosted a game since February now... and we used to play every second week at my place... fackin virus!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #17002 on: November 18, 2020, 08:26:55 am »
My biggest concern is that ONE person is going to get the nice big comfy gaming chair, while everybody else is relegated to the crappy metal chairs.  What is this, an Autocracy?

Also, what will be the beverage of choice at this game?  Wine?  Whiskey?  Rhum?   ;D :rofl2:

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-771
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #17003 on: November 18, 2020, 08:33:17 am »

LOL, really Rob?  You might want to educate yourself on NB before you comment buddy.   ;)

Isn't that what the people of Nunavut said? :stick:

We have some reasonable safeguards in place here. There are thresholds for individual zones or the entire province to go to stricter phases. Those were put to use this fall when we had a couple of outbreaks which were contained.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #17004 on: November 18, 2020, 11:51:29 am »

LOL, it's a fair question.  ;D  We have hardly any cases near me and I'm still being super cautious.

Anyway, looks like NB is 3 new cases a day on average, which is pretty low, agreed. I'm being super cautious for my own reasons, which basically means not doing anything I don't absolutely have to. So I'll get food etc., and take-out to support local businesses, but I'm not going out to eat or going to any gatherings with people. YMMV.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:55:29 am by Triple Bob »

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #17005 on: November 18, 2020, 12:56:04 pm »

LOL, it's a fair question.  ;D  We have hardly any cases near me and I'm still being super cautious.

Anyway, looks like NB is 3 new cases a day on average, which is pretty low, agreed. I'm being super cautious for my own reasons, which basically means not doing anything I don't absolutely have to. So I'll get food etc., and take-out to support local businesses, but I'm not going out to eat or going to any gatherings with people. YMMV.

Health officials are also recommending people avoid taking any undue risks that might involve a trip to the hospital, such as riding motorbikes, and bicycles strictly for pleasure.  How many people are following that recommendation to the letter?   ;)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #17006 on: November 18, 2020, 01:35:55 pm »

Health officials are also recommending people avoid taking any undue risks that might involve a trip to the hospital, such as riding motorbikes, and bicycles strictly for pleasure.  How many people are following that recommendation to the letter?   ;)

I actually did stop recreational riding at the beginning, for the reason you describe above. After a few months of WFH my mental health needs me to get out and do stuff that I enjoy. So yes, it's a calculated risk, but not as much as gathering in groups.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: November 18, 2020, 02:02:58 pm »

Not me, back to playing hockey twice a week now & heading to the bar for pints & wings afterwards... only 4 of us allowed per table though, so we have to social distance at the bar somewhat  :rofl:

As for hockey, it's our 2nd week back after being shut down for 4 weeks... first time around we were limited to 10 guys per room & a max of 25 in the arena and full use of the showers in the rooms. This time around it's the same thing, but we can't use the showers right now  >:(

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #17008 on: November 18, 2020, 04:13:25 pm »

Not me, back to playing hockey twice a week now & heading to the bar for pints & wings afterwards... only 4 of us allowed per table though, so we have to social distance at the bar somewhat  :rofl:

As for hockey, it's our 2nd week back after being shut down for 4 weeks... first time around we were limited to 10 guys per room & a max of 25 in the arena and full use of the showers in the rooms. This time around it's the same thing, but we can't use the showers right now  >:(

Must. Resist. Layup.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #17009 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:23 pm »

Must. Resist. Layup.
Steady  now... :rofl2:
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17010 on: November 18, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »

Must. Resist. Layup.

Hey, that's my favourite part... my bottle of body wash looks like a red devil fishing lure... just throw it in the middle of the stall & someone always goes to pick it up...  :rofl:  :run:

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #17011 on: November 18, 2020, 04:27:04 pm »

Must. Resist. Layup.

Hey, that's my favourite part... my bottle of body wash looks like a red devil fishing lure... just throw it in the middle of the stall & someone always goes to pick it up...  :rofl:  :run:

:rofl2: nice!

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #17012 on: November 18, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »
Poker night at the brewery.   ;D

20201117_183630 by Shane Steeves, on Flickr

Awesome Shane!  :cheers: I'm playing poker with some friends this coming Saturday night.  Can't remember the last time i played.  Must be a couple of years at least.  Afaik there will be six of us playing.

Our group used to play all of the time, but that was years ago.  This was our second poker night and we plan on playing every 2-3 weeks going forward.  Just a fun night with the guys.  :)
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: November 18, 2020, 05:11:13 pm »
^^What's the buy-in?   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #17014 on: November 18, 2020, 05:13:25 pm »
My biggest concern is that ONE person is going to get the nice big comfy gaming chair, while everybody else is relegated to the crappy metal chairs.  What is this, an Autocracy?

Also, what will be the beverage of choice at this game?  Wine?  Whiskey?  Rhum?   ;D :rofl2:

That's my office chair.  My brewery, my rules......right?   ;D 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #17015 on: November 18, 2020, 05:16:22 pm »

No strict buy in, but most of us buy in for $100.  We do 1-2 blinds and no limit after that. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #17016 on: November 18, 2020, 05:54:13 pm »

No strict buy in, but most of us buy in for $100.  We do 1-2 blinds and no limit after that.

So, my mug of nickels won't cut it?   :rofl2:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #17017 on: November 18, 2020, 06:25:17 pm »

It might.   ;D   We are actually a really conservative bunch, so no one is going to lose much in a run of a night.  Only one person in the last two outings has lost their $100.  It's more about shooting the sh!t, having laughs, and just getting together. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: November 18, 2020, 07:13:27 pm »

I'll take your nickels!!   ;D

I once took a woman's "cab fare home" at a poker table.   ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: November 18, 2020, 08:47:50 pm »

Must. Resist. Layup.

Glad the virus will keep us out of the hot tub in tremblant! Haha
:rofl:

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk