Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195250 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16920 on: September 11, 2020, 05:59:20 pm »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16921 on: September 11, 2020, 06:17:57 pm »
Luckily a cyclist warned me as I approached the trap by spinning his hand in the air above his head.

See, we aren't all bad.  :D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: September 11, 2020, 09:07:42 pm »
I'd pay to take a sledge hammer to his car.

Donate so this unfortunate Lambo owner can get his car to 1,400 hp
https://driving.ca/lamborghini/auto-news/news/signal-boost-donate-so-this-unfortunate-lambo-owner-can-get-his-car-to-1400-hp/amp

It was only after shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Italian supercar, though, that poor Johnny found out it just wasn’t fast enough.

But thankfully you can help. Mirdita just needs another US$100,000 to install an Underground Racing turbocharger kit on his Lambo to take it to 1,400 wheel-horsepower — he simply can’t make do with the stock engine’s 610 hp (at the crank). If that doesn’t break your heart, we don’t know what to say.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: September 12, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »
Unmarried Ontario couple had no children and no house but man must still pay support, appeal court rules

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-home-or-kids-together-but-couple-still-spouses-appeal-court-rules/

In her decision in February 2019, Superior Court Justice Sharon Shore sided with Climans. She ruled they were in fact long-time spouses, finding that despite their separate home, they lived under one roof at Latner’s cottage for part of the summer, and during winter vacations in Florida. Shore ordered him to pay her $53,077 monthly indefinitely. Latner appealed.

The higher court leaned heavily on Shore’s analysis, finding she was right to conclude cohabitation can occur even when the parties stay together intermittently.

The Appeal Court did find Shore had made an error in deciding how long Latner would have to pay Climans support based on when they first began cohabiting. While Shore had found that to be almost from the get-go, the higher court said it wasn’t earlier than their first stay together at his cottage, meaning they didn’t reach the threshold for indefinite payments.

Instead, it ordered him to pay her support for 10 years.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: September 12, 2020, 06:42:29 pm »
"However, he insisted she sign a marriage contract and came up with several drafts. She refused."

That should have been his cue to run.....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #16925 on: September 14, 2020, 06:07:07 pm »
Unmarried Ontario couple had no children and no house but man must still pay support, appeal court rules

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-home-or-kids-together-but-couple-still-spouses-appeal-court-rules/

In her decision in February 2019, Superior Court Justice Sharon Shore sided with Climans. She ruled they were in fact long-time spouses, finding that despite their separate home, they lived under one roof at Latner’s cottage for part of the summer, and during winter vacations in Florida. Shore ordered him to pay her $53,077 monthly indefinitely. Latner appealed.

The higher court leaned heavily on Shore’s analysis, finding she was right to conclude cohabitation can occur even when the parties stay together intermittently.

The Appeal Court did find Shore had made an error in deciding how long Latner would have to pay Climans support based on when they first began cohabiting. While Shore had found that to be almost from the get-go, the higher court said it wasn’t earlier than their first stay together at his cottage, meaning they didn’t reach the threshold for indefinite payments.

$53K a month for 10 years, holy!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #16926 on: September 14, 2020, 06:39:48 pm »

$53K a month for 10 years, holy!
Yeah, well...he's a Billionaire. $50K a month is his barista bill. ;D
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16927 on: September 15, 2020, 11:22:48 am »
I bought Starbucks coffee this morning.  What is happening to me?   ???

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: September 17, 2020, 04:08:46 pm »
My niece who lives in North Carolina had her appendix removed. Cost $35,000.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16929 on: September 17, 2020, 04:10:57 pm »

Whoo-Eeee. 

Does she not have insurance?  Or is that with insurance?

Appendix removal isn't exactly something you can put off until you can afford it, either.  It happens when it happens.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: September 17, 2020, 04:23:23 pm »

Whoo-Eeee. 

Does she not have insurance?  Or is that with insurance?

Appendix removal isn't exactly something you can put off until you can afford it, either.  It happens when it happens.

Actually meant to add the insurance part. That was the full cost but even with their insurance they still have to pay $5K. Not chump change for many people but thankfully they can afford it.  Crazy how fast you can go from being fine to if this doesn't come out, your facked.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #16931 on: September 17, 2020, 04:40:05 pm »
Meh, my two days in a hospital bed in Montana cost Alberta Blue Cross $15,000. Sure there was a $1000 of MRI in there, but no operation, no nothing but a cloth arm sling

Talking to our neighbor about his normal winter in Palm Springs, sure he can fly but he's scared if he gets Covid what that would cost him in a US hospital. God forbid you go into intensive care for a month

That being said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/air-canada-expands-covid-19-medical-insurance-to-cover-all-flight-bookings-1.5109263

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: September 18, 2020, 03:21:36 pm »
The customer isn't always right.

Owner of limited edition Aston Martin ordered to pay Vancouver body shop over $300,000
https://vancouversun.com/news/owner-of-limited-edition-aston-martin-ordered-to-pay-vancouver-body-shop-300000

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: September 18, 2020, 04:29:03 pm »

Owner of limited edition Aston Martin ordered to pay Vancouver body shop over $300,000
https://vancouversun.com/news/owner-of-limited-edition-aston-martin-ordered-to-pay-vancouver-body-shop-300000
$200 per day for storage?

Rapists..

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16934 on: September 18, 2020, 04:33:53 pm »

Rapists..

Not necessarily.  That's likely a punitive amount designed to force a customer to settle the original bill and get their car back. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16935 on: September 18, 2020, 04:43:39 pm »

Rapists..

Not necessarily.  That's likely a punitive amount designed to force a customer to settle the original bill and get their car back.
It's :censor:.

Same crap shifty towing companies pull.

They do it for greed...and because they can get away with it.

I've seen enough news stories/articles/docu-features about this to know it's all part of their plan to gain entire ownership of the car and all proceeds from the sale.

That being said...this woman did seem like quite the twit and douche for not paying her bill. You are NOT getting your car back without paying your bill, chick.

But body shops can and do play their crooked games. I'm guessing this entire story would have never happened had she went through insurance (if she had insurance)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 05:01:30 pm by rrocket »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: September 20, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »

Rapists..

It's :censor:.

Same crap shifty towing companies pull.

They do it for greed...and because they can get away with it.

I've seen enough news stories/articles/docu-features about this to know it's all part of their plan to gain entire ownership of the car and all proceeds from the sale.

That being said...this woman did seem like quite the twit and douche for not paying her bill. You are NOT getting your car back without paying your bill, chick.

But body shops can and do play their crooked games. I'm guessing this entire story would have never happened had she went through insurance (if she had insurance)

When I was reading the news article, I read that they had to store the car indoors, because of the value of the vehicle. Now, I could be wrong, but would this vehicle now be taking up floor space which another damaged vehicle(s) could have been repaired and therefore generating revenue. If this body shop repairs mainly high end vehicles, with higher repair bills than your everyday commuter cars, a significant amount of income is probably being lost. I don't think in this case it was a crooked game.
I do.

These guys have carte blanche to charge whatever they want.

The plan for these guys (and towing companies) is to get the storage charges as high as humanly possible.

Again though....the woman is a moron for agreeing to repairs and not paying for them. That will never turn out well.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: September 21, 2020, 08:47:27 am »
Online thieves scam Toronto couple out of more than $1,000 in PC Optimum points hack
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/online-thieves-scam-toronto-couple-out-of-more-than-1-000-in-pc-optimum-points-hack-1.5725268

Instead, Eggers alleges, hackers stole them all.

"Every week, [PC Optimum] would text me, 'See if you're a winner and click on the link!'" he explained.

"One of the links I clicked, and I still have the text, asked me to enter my PC optimum information."

So, Eggers, 37, entered the couple's log-in details.

"I believe it is at that point that my identity was compromised," he told CBC Toronto.

You think?  So the text I got saying I won a million dollars isn't real either?

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #16938 on: September 24, 2020, 01:03:23 pm »
I stopped in to buy a new Wrangler this morning, but my favourite salesman wasn’t there. :(

Oh, well. Maybe next time I’m in Grimsby. ;D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: October 01, 2020, 10:37:02 am »
Not surprised at all but some people love their sugar.

Irish court rules Subway bread is not bread
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/01/irish-court-rules-subway-bread-is-not-bread

The bread’s sugar content – five times the qualifying limit under the act – means that it falls outside of the legal definition of a staple food.