Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195218 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-771
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16900 on: August 25, 2020, 05:06:27 pm »
How does an article like this even make it to the press? Did he call to brag about it. Seems to be proud about screwing the system.

Man walks out of LCBO store with 24 free bottles of wine due to glitch
https://www.cp24.com/lifestyle/man-walks-out-of-lcbo-store-with-24-free-bottles-of-wine-due-to-glitch-1.5073154

I'm ok with it, usually it's the liquor commissions screwing us over.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #16901 on: August 25, 2020, 05:24:52 pm »
How does an article like this even make it to the press? Did he call to brag about it. Seems to be proud about screwing the system.

Man walks out of LCBO store with 24 free bottles of wine due to glitch
https://www.cp24.com/lifestyle/man-walks-out-of-lcbo-store-with-24-free-bottles-of-wine-due-to-glitch-1.5073154

I'm ok with it, usually it's the liquor commissions screwing us over.

Yup, good on him!!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: August 26, 2020, 08:32:53 am »
My neighbour who married an American is finally getting to go to the US now. She had her baby in July (of course here since it's free compared to there where she said "yeah, around $10g") and hadn't seen her hubby since March.  He came over for 2 weeks on the day the baby was born.  So, tomorrow...she has to drive the baby to the border, hand him off to her husband (wonder how that's going to work)...and then drive to Winnipeg, hop on a plane, fly to Minneapolis, then another plane to fly to Fargo...where they can pick her up to take her back to where he lives which is at best 45 minutes from where we live.  Facking stupid.  She'd be better off in a car instead of a tube full of potential victims...maybe she should offer to drive one of them auction trucks down.  ::) :P

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16903 on: August 27, 2020, 07:01:15 am »
On the way home last night on a very busy road (Erin Mills Parkway), I heard an accident to my left in the oncoming lane as I was going through an intersection.  The sound of cars smashing together (and dragging) was incredibly loud and long, and all I saw was debris flying everywhere.  I couldn't stop or slow down safely, so I kept going.  In my rear-view mirror I saw cars pulling over, and within five minutes further down the road, there were police cars and a fire truck heading towards the scene.  Ironically, this intersection was one just south of Credit Valley Hospital, so I'm sure ambulances were there quickly.

That sound, though.   :shake:  Not sure why it's sticking with me.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16904 on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:06 am »
On the way home last night on a very busy road (Erin Mills Parkway), I heard an accident to my left in the oncoming lane as I was going through an intersection.  The sound of cars smashing together (and dragging) was incredibly loud and long, and all I saw was debris flying everywhere.  I couldn't stop or slow down safely, so I kept going.  In my rear-view mirror I saw cars pulling over, and within five minutes further down the road, there were police cars and a fire truck heading towards the scene.  Ironically, this intersection was one just south of Credit Valley Hospital, so I'm sure ambulances were there quickly.

I still replay an accident I was in nearly 35 years ago, including sound.  It's something you never forget.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16905 on: August 30, 2020, 07:42:31 am »
Took the balls out and decided to try a PIECE of Carolina Reaper...like a wee little piece. Smaller than your pinky nail...holy shyte is that hot!! And it doesn't taste good either.  Tastes chemically - like maybe sucking on a gas soaked rag...not good anyway.  Youngest son just swallowed his so he got nothing out of it...me and the oldest chewed and let it sit on our tongues...for like 10 seconds then I blew mine out of my mouth like if you got a bee in it.  It's like sticking a burning metal pipe in your mouth.  I can't imagine actually chewing a whole pepper with seeds and all...that would require an ambulance and one of those heart starters.

Then again I find a fresh tube of Crest "hot"  ;D

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: August 30, 2020, 09:05:24 am »
Got my first speeding ticket today...ever.

He clocked me going 79 km/h in 50 km/h zone. Now this stretch of road is four lanes, hills and very little traffic lights. Not making an excuse but just for some context. For those of you in the GTA it’s the stretch of Lakeshore by Lorne Park.

Luckily he lowered it to 15 over, no points and a $50 fine...phew. He said my story checked out and when he looked me up he noticed my last ticked (not for speeding) was in 1995!

Anyway, I’ll take this as a little reminder to mind my speed more often.

Last time I got a speeding ticket I was trapped @ 72mph on highway (60mph) ..  :D (Québec, A640, IIRC $65 in 1983)
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline John

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +31/-709
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota
« Reply #16907 on: August 30, 2020, 02:11:44 pm »
Got my first speeding ticket today...ever.

He clocked me going 79 km/h in 50 km/h zone. Now this stretch of road is four lanes, hills and very little traffic lights. Not making an excuse but just for some context. For those of you in the GTA it’s the stretch of Lakeshore by Lorne Park.

Luckily he lowered it to 15 over, no points and a $50 fine...phew. He said my story checked out and when he looked me up he noticed my last ticked (not for speeding) was in 1995!

Anyway, I’ll take this as a little reminder to mind my speed more often.

Last time I got a speeding ticket I was trapped @ 72mph on highway (60mph) ..  :D (Québec, A640, IIRC $65 in 1983)

My last speeding ticket was in 2008.  I was so proud when the tenth anniversary came up in 2018!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: August 31, 2020, 01:09:50 pm »
Just paid my taxes thinking I had left it to the deadline and then realized they had extended it by another month.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: August 31, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »
Just paid my taxes thinking I had left it to the deadline and then realized they had extended it by another month.

I paid it all earlier this month anyway. Nothing's gonna change so I may as well pay it.

I noticed a couple weeks ago that I actually didn't claim something I should have so I overpaid by a bit but not really a big deal.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16910 on: August 31, 2020, 02:44:04 pm »

I paid it all earlier this month anyway. Nothing's gonna change so I may as well pay it.

I noticed a couple weeks ago that I actually didn't claim something I should have so I overpaid by a bit but not really a big deal.

If you use tax software (I use UFile) you can amend and re-file your taxes using Netfile. 

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #16911 on: September 01, 2020, 08:32:31 pm »

I remember stupidly semi-racing someone years ago, me in a Peugeot 1.6L diesel that took 20 sec to 60mph, and her in some other small hatchback. With a car as slow as mine, you had to plan overtakes about 5 minutes in advance. So as we approached a large roundabout, I deliberately towards a the red light, hoping it would turn green whilst I still had some momentum, and she had stopped. Green light! Pedal down, released the 25 or so horses.  Took her by surprise and flew past her.

She took umbrage to being overtaken by my sh*tbox, and decided to floor it too. Her car was 10 years newer, more expensive, and faster. We both came off a frosty roundabout, which I was aware of, I had gotten up really early to go and shoot the sunrise, and it was cold out. She was less aware of the road conditions. We exited the roundabout like a pair of ice dancers, she fishtailed left, then right, then left again. Went across both lanes, slammed into the side of the bridge, back over to the other side, bounced off that side too, then came back towards me, hit the curb and flipped onto her roof. After bouncing around a bit more she ended up back on her wheels.

Both me and the traffic coming the other way had already stopped to see if she was alright. She got out of her paintless car and started running towards me swearing. So I left in a hurry and went to shoot the sunrise.

Came back a different route just in case the fuzz was around.

Always sticks with me that one.  :rofl2: :skid:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: September 01, 2020, 08:37:25 pm »
^^Sounds like a fun morning!!   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: September 08, 2020, 10:43:37 am »

I remember stupidly semi-racing someone years ago, me in a Peugeot 1.6L diesel that took 20 sec to 60mph, and her in some other small hatchback. With a car as slow as mine, you had to plan overtakes about 5 minutes in advance. So as we approached a large roundabout, I deliberately towards a the red light, hoping it would turn green whilst I still had some momentum, and she had stopped. Green light! Pedal down, released the 25 or so horses.  Took her by surprise and flew past her.

She took umbrage to being overtaken by my sh*tbox, and decided to floor it too. Her car was 10 years newer, more expensive, and faster. We both came off a frosty roundabout, which I was aware of, I had gotten up really early to go and shoot the sunrise, and it was cold out. She was less aware of the road conditions. We exited the roundabout like a pair of ice dancers, she fishtailed left, then right, then left again. Went across both lanes, slammed into the side of the bridge, back over to the other side, bounced off that side too, then came back towards me, hit the curb and flipped onto her roof. After bouncing around a bit more she ended up back on her wheels.

Both me and the traffic coming the other way had already stopped to see if she was alright. She got out of her paintless car and started running towards me swearing. So I left in a hurry and went to shoot the sunrise.

Came back a different route just in case the fuzz was around.

Always sticks with me that one.  :rofl2: :skid:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why the hell is she mad at you for her lack of talent!?!??!

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #16914 on: September 08, 2020, 11:11:10 am »
Heh, that's like something you'd see on a Russian dashcam

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: September 11, 2020, 04:12:23 pm »
You see the coolest stuff cruisin' the streets of Small Town SK...cool car, and an old Scout, too...II

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #16916 on: September 11, 2020, 05:38:41 pm »
You see the coolest stuff cruisin' the streets of Small Town SK...cool car, and an old Scout, too...II

This could be its own thread: Google Earth Cars.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16917 on: September 11, 2020, 05:39:21 pm »
Out for an afternoon cruise through the countryside with the Mrs. Drop down into Dundas for a coffee and treat. Start heading up Sydenham and notice a Jag not slowing for the 4 way stop until the very last second, good thing for those big brakes.  Top of Sydenham all of a sudden I see a cop behind a pole with a radar gun, jumps out and gives the stop signal. Pull over to have him say, no not you, go ahead, but the person behind me not so lucky. Considering I was 10 over and they were closing quickly, could be an easy 20 over ticket.

Rest of the drive quick enjoyable with the sun shining, the roof open, and a mix of Dire Straits and Steely Dan on the stereo.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #16918 on: September 11, 2020, 05:40:57 pm »
Out for an afternoon cruise through the countryside with the Mrs. Drop down into Dundas for a coffee and treat. Start heading up Sydenham and notice a Jag not slowing for the 4 way stop until the very last second, good thing for those big brakes.  Top of Sydenham all of a sudden I see a cop behind a pole with a radar gun, jumps out and gives the stop signal. Pull over to have him say, no not you, go ahead, but the person behind me not so lucky. Considering I was 10 over and they were closing quickly, could be an easy 20 over ticket.

Rest of the drive quick enjoyable with the sun shining, the roof open, and a mix of Dire Straits and Steely Dan on the stereo.

;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: September 11, 2020, 05:45:50 pm »

;D

No no no....GTFO of the way!!  ;D ;D