Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195175 times)

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16840 on: June 12, 2020, 04:53:31 pm »
I am just thrilled that my boyfriend can start visiting me again.

:heart: :-*  :bounce:  :banana:

;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:09:53 pm by me_2 »
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16841 on: June 13, 2020, 06:50:11 am »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #16842 on: June 13, 2020, 10:14:52 am »

???  Are you mocking me?

Well, you do follow rules well... :stick:
Any chance I get for posting a "They Live" gif  ;D

Mr Pickypants

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16843 on: June 19, 2020, 04:14:53 pm »
A friend ordered some stuff from Lowes that the online inventory said was available at the store by his house. After a few days nothing so he contacted them a few times to only be repetitively told they are looking into it. THREE WEEKS LATER he finally gets this email.

Why am I getting this email?

You may be receiving this email because you’ve initiated a cancellation. If this isn’t the case your items have been cancelled by us because they’re out of stock. While we strive to maintain an accurate inventory, discrepancies do occur. If the order has been cancelled for another reason you will be contacted by a Lowe’s associate or you can reach us at the phone number or email listed below.

Seems the store is run by children.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #16844 on: June 19, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
^^ I had a similar experience at Canadian Tire.  Went there to buy a shed that was on sale and showing in stock.  Of course, not in stock which is a normal experience.  So I decided to order online for pickup from another store that was showing a bunch in stock.  After a week I get an email saying its ready for pickup.  Great.  Next day, another emails saying the order has been cancelled at our request.  I decide to go to the store to pick it up and play stupid.  Lady tells me the orders been cancelled.  I ask why, she says she doesn't know, probably because its out of stock.  I go to customer service and ask if there's any in stock.  She's says let me call the warehouse (this store has a warehouse a block away), yup 3 in stock.  So I drive over and pick it up.  All good. So why was the order cancelled.  No one will ever know  :rofl2:.  Always a :censor: show at that place.  I try to avoid it, but sometimes its worth the hassle for a good price I guess.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16845 on: June 19, 2020, 04:30:57 pm »
^^^ That is even better.  Where you expecting John Cleese‎ or ‎Eric Idle‎ to be working at the customer service desk.

Funny how I can order <insert product> from Amazon while laying in bed at Friday midnight and have on my step by Sunday.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16846 on: June 19, 2020, 04:49:20 pm »
^^^ That is even better.  Where you expecting John Cleese‎ or ‎Eric Idle‎ to be working at the customer service desk.

Funny how I can order <insert product> from Amazon while laying in bed at Friday midnight and have on my step by Sunday.

Really , still waiting for meter ordered April 29 , everything is getting slower and slower from Amazon

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: June 19, 2020, 04:55:54 pm »
^^ I had a similar experience at Canadian Tire.  Went there to buy a shed that was on sale and showing in stock.  Of course, not in stock which is a normal experience.  So I decided to order online for pickup from another store that was showing a bunch in stock.  After a week I get an email saying its ready for pickup.  Great.  Next day, another emails saying the order has been cancelled at our request.  I decide to go to the store to pick it up and play stupid.  Lady tells me the orders been cancelled.  I ask why, she says she doesn't know, probably because its out of stock.  I go to customer service and ask if there's any in stock.  She's says let me call the warehouse (this store has a warehouse a block away), yup 3 in stock.  So I drive over and pick it up.  All good. So why was the order cancelled.  No one will ever know  :rofl2:.  Always a :censor: show at that place.  I try to avoid it, but sometimes its worth the hassle for a good price I guess.

Yep I ordered a bunch of things in May from Crappy Tire. A week goes by with no updates and my phone calls were not picked up. Keep in mind this was probably after the first week hardware and garden centres were allowed to open in Ontario.

So I go into store and its a shitshow. Seasonal area was a mess, items in aisles, not shelved, etc. They were severely understaffed. I found my items and picked them up myself.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: June 19, 2020, 04:58:02 pm »

Really , still waiting for meter ordered April 29 , everything is getting slower and slower from Amazon

Did you order something from a third party supplier? I find those not as reliable as stocked or fulfilled by Amazon. Between me, my mom, and some friends, we seem to get everything within 48 hours.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: June 19, 2020, 04:59:03 pm »

I've had zero issues with Amazon.  Stuff is has all arrived prior to promised delivery date.  Awesome service, and returns are soooo easy.  I buy local when it makes sense, but when everything was shut down we made quite a few orders.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16850 on: June 19, 2020, 06:31:31 pm »

I guess it depends on what you order from Amazon.  A few weeks ago, I ordered two cds on a Thursday and the package was delivered by Canada Post on Saturday.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #16851 on: June 21, 2020, 12:52:52 pm »
Moved 8 winter wheels out of the garage to the side of the house...now sweating buckets
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #16852 on: June 21, 2020, 05:03:57 pm »
Rained all morning, now its 20C plus and humid as fawk. Moved a bunch of old fencing and I'm sweating through my work boots

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: June 22, 2020, 11:03:41 am »
Apparently the Investigations Division of Revenue Canada does not want to speak to me... :'(

2nd call from them in a week..."Hello, how may I help you" with a thick foreign accent (busy call centre, you can hear all the other people in the background)...yeah, you immoral piece of shi#, you can go f@ck yourself, fack your mother, fack your sister...fack your...?...damn...hung up.  I didn't get to the good parts.  >:(

I bet they call again just so they can be told to go fack themselves again...funny that they manage to spoof a totally local # too...as if Rev Can is going to call from my old home town. 

Block caller...hope they can't hack my phone 'cause I don't have those kinds of skills.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: June 26, 2020, 10:49:36 am »
Neighbour’s buddy stopped by with his C8 yesterday. He was good enough to open the doors/hatches and let me look around. In pics something looks a little off to me, wasn’t a huge fan of the styling. It looked amazing in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: June 30, 2020, 09:37:34 am »
You can't fix stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bison-gores-woman-yellowstone-trnd/index.html

The woman approached the bison to take a picture and got within 10 feet of it multiple times before it gored her on June 25, according to the release.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #16857 on: July 09, 2020, 02:01:15 pm »
https://www.kingstonist.com/news/motives-unclear-as-cyber-attack-shuts-down-rmc-network/
Kingston’s Royal Military College is one of four military training schools in Canada targeted in a mysterious cyber attack.
Discovered on the morning of Friday, Jul. 3, 2020, the attack has temporarily disabled the University’s online network.

“I think we don’t know for sure that it’s ransomware. The more interesting question is: Were they asked to pay a ransom? If they weren’t, then this is probably the effort by some other country to embarrass the Canadian government rather than to make money,” he said.

China??

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #16858 on: July 13, 2020, 09:49:52 pm »
#NationalNudeDay and #NationalTapeMeasureDay are both celebrated July 14th.

Coincidence? I think not.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #16859 on: July 15, 2020, 01:27:40 pm »
#NationalNudeDay and #NationalTapeMeasureDay are both celebrated July 14th.

Coincidence? I think not.

I got married in a nudist camp. I was both groom and best man.  ;D