Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3194669 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16180 on: June 18, 2019, 03:08:06 pm »
"Natural flavors" would be my guess?

The description says "jalapeņo-flavored milk chocolate".
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:13:38 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16181 on: June 18, 2019, 03:56:29 pm »

I would go with artificial flavour  :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: June 18, 2019, 05:32:30 pm »

It's probably just a drop or two of chili oil or Capsaicin

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #16183 on: June 18, 2019, 05:35:29 pm »

It's probably just a drop or two of chili oil or Capsaicin
Yup, a little goes a long way.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: June 19, 2019, 09:47:06 am »
Wife texted yesterday evening I should've come with to Ottawa.  The lady from PEI brought her husband.  And...it's rib fest.  They're doing that for lunch or supper (dinner in Ottawa?) today.  :-\ :'( :(  Now I has a sad.

Oh well...instead I built her this:

Yay for scrap lumber!  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #16185 on: June 19, 2019, 10:10:11 am »
^yup, Rib-fest started today on Sparks street  :drool:  I'm planning on going down for dinner with the kids & Bella later today  ;D  Three contracts ago (2017) I was working right on Sparks Street and was able to walk out of the front door of the building, take about 10 steps and get some ribs for lunch... and even walking up to the office in the morning was enough to make you  :drool:  unless you're Chaos I suppose  :rofl:  :o  :stick:  :run:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #16186 on: June 19, 2019, 10:21:38 am »
You might've had more luck with an Ottawa meet-up than your Winnipeg one :stick:  ;D.

Weather has been beautiful in Ottawa lately too.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: June 19, 2019, 09:14:44 pm »
LOL, probably. Just got off the phone with her - they couldn't find the rib fest.  They went to all kinds of streets.  Oh well.  After they ate, they toured the canal area, some other stuff...then separated. She went back to her hotel, her co-worker from the Wpg office went to hers.  A little later my wife gets a text: rib fest is right outside my hotel.  :P ::) 
LOL

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16188 on: June 19, 2019, 09:19:32 pm »
Granddaughter will be playing for a hour at Ribfest this year on the main stage in Cobourg 😃

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: June 19, 2019, 10:01:00 pm »
LOL, probably. Just got off the phone with her - they couldn't find the rib fest.  They went to all kinds of streets.  Oh well.  After they ate, they toured the canal area, some other stuff...then separated. She went back to her hotel, her co-worker from the Wpg office went to hers.  A little later my wife gets a text: rib fest is right outside my hotel.  [emoji14] ::) 
LOL
Well it's still on until this Sunday, so lotsa time. I was there tonight & it was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #16190 on: June 20, 2019, 09:30:25 am »
LOL, probably. Just got off the phone with her - they couldn't find the rib fest.  They went to all kinds of streets.  Oh well.  After they ate, they toured the canal area, some other stuff...then separated. She went back to her hotel, her co-worker from the Wpg office went to hers.  A little later my wife gets a text: rib fest is right outside my hotel.  :P ::) 
LOL

Funny, I live downtown and had a couple people ask me where ribfest is.. it's on a pedestrian-only street a block away from Parliament. So apparently out--of-towners have issues finding Sparks st  ;D

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #16191 on: June 20, 2019, 09:46:40 am »
LOL

Funny, I live downtown and had a couple people ask me where ribfest is.. it's on a pedestrian-only street a block away from Parliament. So apparently out--of-towners have issues finding Sparks st  ;D

Do people not know how to use their phones to figure this stuff out?

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: June 20, 2019, 10:15:32 am »
LOL

Do people not know how to use their phones to figure this stuff out?

Honestly, as soon as we parked last night a few blocks away you could smell the ribs cooking... don't even need a phone, follow your nose  :rofl:

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16193 on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:11 am »
I found this article about how to fix Everest very interesting.  Hundreds of three-foot high piles of human excrement?  I don't mountaineer, but it still pisses me off, probably because I've seen how certain parts of the Bruce Trail have turned into frigging Disneyland for the selfie crowd, and ruined it for everyone.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2398393/everest-problems-crowding-solutions

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16194 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:44 am »
I found this article about how to fix Everest very interesting.  Hundreds of three-foot high piles of human excrement?  I don't mountaineer, but it still pisses me off, probably because I've seen how certain parts of the Bruce Trail have turned into frigging Disneyland for the selfie crowd, and ruined it for everyone.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2398393/everest-problems-crowding-solutions

The problem with public spaces is the public. The solution is simple just like the article stats but I'm sure humans will ruin Everest first.

There are peaks I won't climb because they are popular and filled with stupid people. I've skipped doing Mall of Washington (Mount Washington NH) just because they ruined it and are still trying to make it worse by adding a hotel to the top.

When we hiked to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon it was over crowded and using the privy gave a whole new meaning to 'hovering' due to the fact it was full to the rim. Sad.

Just one wheelbarrow we saw filled with empty bottles that people left on the trail.

To get to these magical falls.

I can't tell you where my favourite place to go is because you will go there and ruin it for me.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16195 on: June 24, 2019, 09:37:14 am »
I just don't understand how some people can be such :censor: :censor: that they just leave their trash on the side of the trail.  I mean, how hard is it to pack in what you pack out?  It's not like that empty bottle weighs much.  Most people hike/walk with a backpack, or at the very least have pockets. 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16196 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:58 am »
I just don't understand how some people can be such :censor: :censor: that they just leave their trash on the side of the trail.  I mean, how hard is it to pack in what you pack out?  It's not like that empty bottle weighs much.  Most people hike/walk with a backpack, or at the very least have pockets.

Probably the same people that throw their Tim Horton cups out their car window or empty their ashtray on the side of the road.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16197 on: June 24, 2019, 10:00:24 am »

Probably the same people that throw their Tim Horton cups out their car window or empty their ashtray on the side of the road.

Hehe, I was sitting in a parking lot last week waiting for a co-worker who had run into the bank.  I saw a CUV pull up and park across the aisle from where I was parked.  As I watched, the guy opened the door, dropped a pastic wrapper on the ground, then closed the door again.  I got out of my truck, calmly walked up to the wrapper, picked it up, knocked on the guys window and motioned for him to wind down the window. I then handed the wrapper to the 80-something year old man while politely saying "I think you dropped this", then walked away.  I didn't see him drop it again, although we left shortly after, so who knows if he just waited for me to leave. 

I've done the same to people sitting at traffic lights, too.  Something 'falls' out of their car window, and I run to pick it up and give it back to them.  They never say anything, as they always know they're in the wrong. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:03:35 am by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #16198 on: June 24, 2019, 11:08:52 am »
^ Nice work!  :thumbup:

I saw that in Fredericton once at a light, when someone threw I think it was a cigarette butt out the window. Big biker dude crossing the street walks over picks it up and throws it back in the car.

I thought that was just awesome.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16199 on: June 24, 2019, 12:16:42 pm »

My guess is the ones without a backpack (and likely wearing flip-flops) are the ones who leave their one bottle behind, because they have nowhere to put it once it's empty.  I'm trying very hard not to get sarcastic.