Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3220736 times)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16020 on: March 22, 2019, 08:27:32 am »
Question for Searhard...

You recently went to India for a few weeks right?  My co-worker was just there for 6 weeks too, went to her brothers wedding.  Hadn't been home in over 4 yrs (which is whatever I suppose, I haven't been to New Brunswick to see my sister in over 20 yrs).  Gone around the same time as you came back around the same time...so, in my Disney fantasy world (it's a small world after all always sings in my head on occasions such as this) - I was curious if maybe you had gone to the same wedding.  ;D ('cause India's such a small place, eh?  :P ::) ;)

What is funny (?) is she left here a single girl, and came back married.  And, she didn't know she was getting married until 3 days before she came back to Canada.  "Oh by the way honey, meet your new husband."  The guy lucked out, she's real nice, and I find her to be quite pretty.  Hopefully she lucked out as well.   

So, like all Canadians know Bob in Toronto, kinda had me wondering if there was any correlation there...he was also educated in the US...not like that's a big place either.  Maybe you were there, maybe it's just coincidence.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #16021 on: March 22, 2019, 08:36:44 am »
You're seriously asking if he attended the same wedding as your coworker because they were both in a country with a population of over 1.3 billion at the same time?  :rofl2:

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16022 on: March 22, 2019, 08:49:38 am »
I知 waiting my turn to get into hospital parking. The car in front is too far from the button so I know it will take longer but I知 much more patient and tolerant because going to the hospital sucks for everybody.

Passenger gets out and we both give a big sigh. Walks around the car to the button, pushes it, and then gets in the drivers door.

We both break out laughing.

Best conclusion I can think of is broken drivers inside handle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16023 on: March 22, 2019, 09:02:30 am »
I知 waiting my turn to get into hospital parking. The car in front is too far from the button so I know it will take longer but I知 much more patient and tolerant because going to the hospital sucks for everybody.

Passenger gets out and we both give a big sigh. Walks around the car to the button, pushes it, and then gets in the drivers door.

I think this should be in Friday's funny thread  :rofl:

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #16024 on: March 22, 2019, 09:12:28 am »

Or he/she can't use his/her left arm? Why he's/she's going to the hospital?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #16025 on: March 22, 2019, 09:13:35 am »
My semi literate manager sent out an email yesterday labelled 'HIGH IMPOTENCE'.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: March 22, 2019, 09:22:54 am »
You're seriously asking if he attended the same wedding as your coworker because they were both in a country with a population of over 1.3 billion at the same time?  :rofl2:

Whenever I'm in the US and I get to talking to an American you'd be shocked how many times they'll ask if I know so and so from Canada. Usually it's Bill in Vancouver or Tom from Halifax and this is right after I get through telling them I live about an hour outside Toronto.

It's the weirdest thing.

In January we had a bunch of new hires for a role that is new to our office. We had a trainer come up from Virginia for something like 6-8 weeks to get teach them their job functions. She thought we were like two hours from Toronto.  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16027 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:41 am »

Whenever I'm in the US and I get to talking to an American you'd be shocked how many times they'll ask if I know so and so from Canada. Usually it's Bill in Vancouver or Tom from Halifax and this is right after I get through telling them I live about an hour outside Toronto.

It's the weirdest thing.

In January we had a bunch of new hires for a role that is new to our office. We had a trainer come up from Virginia for something like 6-8 weeks to get teach them their job functions. She thought we were like two hours from Toronto.  ;D

Sister in law's cousin from California was visiting her in Thunder Bay , look out at the Sleep Giant, ask if it was England
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_Giant_(Ontario)

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #16028 on: March 22, 2019, 09:40:43 am »
Question for Searhard...

You recently went to India for a few weeks right?  My co-worker was just there for 6 weeks too, went to her brothers wedding.  Hadn't been home in over 4 yrs (which is whatever I suppose, I haven't been to New Brunswick to see my sister in over 20 yrs).  Gone around the same time as you came back around the same time...so, in my Disney fantasy world (it's a small world after all always sings in my head on occasions such as this) - I was curious if maybe you had gone to the same wedding.  ;D ('cause India's such a small place, eh?  :P ::) ;)

What is funny (?) is she left here a single girl, and came back married.  And, she didn't know she was getting married until 3 days before she came back to Canada.  "Oh by the way honey, meet your new husband."  The guy lucked out, she's real nice, and I find her to be quite pretty.  Hopefully she lucked out as well.   

So, like all Canadians know Bob in Toronto, kinda had me wondering if there was any correlation there...he was also educated in the US...not like that's a big place either.  Maybe you were there, maybe it's just coincidence.

I DID go to the same wedding.  The roast beef was great.  The bhangra was disappointing.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: March 22, 2019, 09:40:53 am »
A few years ago, we were in Whitehorse, the clerk at the front desk of the hotel was from NB, about 50 km from where we lived.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16:40 am »

You did catch the Bob from Toronto bit, no?  My sis and BIL live in NB...you're a Menno by birth no? (schmaunt faht und fohmah varscht (sic I'm sure)) Probably like me not so much anymore, but still diggin' the food...you know them?  They live on a reserve just outside...shi#, I forget where they live, but NB is small...you've probably crossed paths.  Woodstock I believe...grew up in Hartland, home of the longest covered bridge, (pause for it) in the world...I should make an effort to go there again.  He does motorcycle driver-ed.  Hunts moose. 

Question for Searhard...

I DID go to the same wedding.  The roast beef was great.  The bhangra was disappointing.

You are a funny guy...roast beef...pfft  ::) (showing my lack of knowledge of anything outside my circle) - they don't eat beef in India (right?  All of India...'tis ferbotten! Or is it like SK...some parts are weird, other parts not so much.)  :)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:06 am »
A few years ago, we were in Whitehorse, the clerk at the front desk of the hotel was from NB, about 50 km from where we lived.

I ran into a friend's mother in Mexico a couple weeks ago.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: March 22, 2019, 10:29:06 am »

It's the weirdest thing.

Also when going up the chairlift in Utah with a couple 20-something girls we got to talkin' and I mentioned I was Canadian and one said "so do you have mountains up there?"

Yes, we have mountains in Canada.

I love America but geography is not their strong suit.

As a kid I lived in California for a year. I was in grade six. A kid in one of my classes asked what language we spoke in Canada. I thought that was a bizarre question.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #16033 on: March 22, 2019, 04:40:14 pm »

It's the weirdest thing.

Also when going up the chairlift in Utah with a couple 20-something girls we got to talkin' and I mentioned I was Canadian and one said "so do you have mountains up there?"

Yes, we have mountains in Canada.

I love America but geography is not their strong suit.

Americans have a strong suit?   :rofl2:

There are Canadians that love the US?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: March 22, 2019, 06:04:13 pm »
I love the U.S., mostly. It's a flawed country for sure but I love visiting it for a variety of reasons.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16035 on: March 22, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
Lots of great places to go in the USA and we have already started planning more trips back to the mountains for this year.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #16036 on: March 22, 2019, 08:00:15 pm »
After travelling pretty much everywhere else for many years, I've really enjoyed my trips to the US the last while

Consider it more a collection of loosely united countries than anything

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #16037 on: March 22, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
After travelling pretty much everywhere else for many years, I've really enjoyed my trips to the US the last while

Consider it more a collection of loosely united countries than anything

Where all towns have the same chains...

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #16038 on: March 23, 2019, 11:21:33 am »
Put in a claim with VW last June for my door rubbing against the front fender.

Dealer messed it up, had personnel issues, and tried to make that my problem. Here we are nearing the end of March; they're now going to book an appointment to fix it.

Maybe I should have stuck with Japanese cars  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: March 23, 2019, 03:36:55 pm »
Put in a claim with VW last June for my door rubbing against the front fender.

Dealer messed it up, had personnel issues, and tried to make that my problem. Here we are nearing the end of March; they're now going to book an appointment to fix it.

Maybe I should have stuck with Japanese cars  ;D
Wait...it as rubbing from the factory? Misaligned?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...