Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3221645 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #15520 on: July 30, 2018, 12:05:43 pm »
Worked 6 hours on Saturday and 18 hours yesterday at a mine site.

A bit wrecked this morning.
Just think of the money you made,
Opps  scratch that
think of the tax you paid   :rofl:
Thanks for the new hip  ;D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #15521 on: July 30, 2018, 12:11:13 pm »
I think it's time and a half for the first 8 hours then double time for the balance.  :banana:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #15522 on: July 30, 2018, 12:14:14 pm »
Awesome that you at least get paid for it.

A friend of mine has been killing herself working 80+ hours a week recently but as she's on salary she doesn't get paid for OT.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15523 on: July 30, 2018, 12:22:39 pm »
^ That sucks. I was supposed to be salary when I was supervising, but management agreed that I could remain hourly.

I'm not keen on volunteering for a profit oriented company.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #15524 on: July 30, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »
Awesome that you at least get paid for it.

A friend of mine has been killing herself working 80+ hours a week recently but as she's on salary she doesn't get paid for OT.

Unless there's a kick-ass bonus structure attached to the 80+ hours a week, I'd be telling them to go pound sand! That's the nice thing about the consulting gig's I'm in now, the client's budget for ~240 days a year, and that's all you can work. I usually don't even burn thru that!
You live everyday. You only die once....

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15525 on: July 30, 2018, 02:13:05 pm »
Worked 6 hours on Saturday and 18 hours yesterday at a mine site.

A bit wrecked this morning.

Found out earlier today i have to work tomorrow from 7AM until sometime after 11PM.  Got to love filling in for guys on vacation and still having too much of my own work to do on time.  :P

Kind of how this came about. We ended up short staffed for the shutdown.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #15526 on: August 01, 2018, 08:34:48 pm »
Damn this looks fun, I'd do this in a heartbeat.  On a side note, I've always wanted to go sky diving......but not sure if I'd have the balls to follow through with it though.

https://www.facebook.com/IurieBelegurschiPhotography/videos/1569473533157831/?hc_ref=ARQRLu-btuAp_6Vxgdjj8oUUQwvWDvPt-9oBe731R_AV9V0hebpHjKnUVI3WD2F5TQQ
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #15527 on: August 02, 2018, 11:18:30 am »
My local watering hole from Regina opened up it's latest branch in Winnipeg last week.  Mixed feelings about seeing an establishment expand so fast from a purely personal perspective.  It is called Leopold's Tavern (Leo's) and first opened up in 2013 in a great location that never seemed to be kind to any business that opened up there for some reason.  Prior to that there had been several restaurants there which only last 1-2 years each. 

This location (now called Leos OG) was only about 5 blocks from my house in Regina, and I spent an obscene amount of time and money there when I was single.  It was a fantastic pub, tiny on the inside and only 6 tables on the patio (part of it's charm imo), friendly service, great food and always have local beer on tap!  Over the next 4 years, they opened up two more locations in Regina, two in Saskatoon and 1 in Calgary.  So, I knew it was only a matter of time before they came to the Peg.

It was fitting that we left the little guy home for the first time and went to Leos for lunch last week on opening day  ;D

Very glad they are here.  The beer and nachos tasted the same, got to see the chief bartender from Leos OG again after a year, which was nice, but at the same time a part of me is a little sad that the quaint little Leos I knew and loved is now turning into the next big chain.

GBA and other WPG peeps - I propose we go to Leos for our next meet up!  ;D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #15528 on: August 02, 2018, 11:58:59 am »
I'm anxiously awaiting the Winnipeg location of Hammond River Brewing Company.  :)
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15529 on: August 02, 2018, 12:05:03 pm »
I'm anxiously awaiting the Winnipeg location of Hammond River Brewing Company.  :)

That'd be sweet!

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #15530 on: August 02, 2018, 01:19:47 pm »
My local watering hole from Regina opened up it's latest branch in Winnipeg last week.  Mixed feelings about seeing an establishment expand so fast from a purely personal perspective.  It is called Leopold's Tavern (Leo's) and first opened up in 2013 in a great location that never seemed to be kind to any business that opened up there for some reason.  Prior to that there had been several restaurants there which only last 1-2 years each. 

This location (now called Leos OG) was only about 5 blocks from my house in Regina, and I spent an obscene amount of time and money there when I was single.  It was a fantastic pub, tiny on the inside and only 6 tables on the patio (part of it's charm imo), friendly service, great food and always have local beer on tap!  Over the next 4 years, they opened up two more locations in Regina, two in Saskatoon and 1 in Calgary.  So, I knew it was only a matter of time before they came to the Peg.

It was fitting that we left the little guy home for the first time and went to Leos for lunch last week on opening day  ;D

Very glad they are here.  The beer and nachos tasted the same, got to see the chief bartender from Leos OG again after a year, which was nice, but at the same time a part of me is a little sad that the quaint little Leos I knew and loved is now turning into the next big chain.

I read an article about Leo's the other day.  Apparently they are trying to 'replicate' the Dive bar feel.  I dunno how I feel about that.  I mean, a Dive bar isn't something that one should strive to attain...it just is, or it isn't.  A Dive is something that comes through years of general scumminess and neglect. 

I dunno.  I think they should just try to be 'a bar', and if after a few years they take on the 'Dive bar' persona, then so be it.  But to expressly set themselves up as a Dive bar in the first place, well, it seems a little forced and pretentious (ironically). 

I.E. for reference to Dive Bars, go see Toad in the Hole on Osborne, or Times Change(d) on Main. 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #15531 on: August 02, 2018, 01:33:23 pm »

That'd be sweet!

I heard a rumour that Shane is selling franchises for only $1M. Sign up now.

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: August 02, 2018, 02:09:07 pm »

I read an article about Leo's the other day.  Apparently they are trying to 'replicate' the Dive bar feel.  I dunno how I feel about that.  I mean, a Dive bar isn't something that one should strive to attain...it just is, or it isn't.  A Dive is something that comes through years of general scumminess and neglect. 

I dunno.  I think they should just try to be 'a bar', and if after a few years they take on the 'Dive bar' persona, then so be it.  But to expressly set themselves up as a Dive bar in the first place, well, it seems a little forced and pretentious (ironically). 

I.E. for reference to Dive Bars, go see Toad in the Hole on Osborne, or Times Change(d) on Main.

Yea, I read that article too.  I thought the whole "dive bar" thing was really weird.  When I read it, I saw that the quote was attributed to Ian Campbell who is the local GM and isn't involved with any of the other Leos so he is new to the brand.  I wonder if the founders/owners of the brand see it the same way.  Even Leos OG doesnt feel anything like a dive bar.  No matter how hard you try, it is still only 5 years old.  And nothing about the food, beer, seating, ambience etc say dive bar to me.  It was never touted as trying to be a dive bar before.

To me, it is and will always be a completely unpretentious bar where you don't have to dress up, you go in for a pint or five, meet your friends or the other regulars who end up becoming friends.  That being said, it was/is still a nice bar.  Not divey in the least.  At least thats how I feel about the OG.  I hope the other locations live up to the same feel.

One of the highlights of my time at Leos in Regina was in 2013/14 -  That was the only location back then, and a bunch of my friends and I were at a stag.  The next morning, I was hung over and some other friends said we should go to Leos to have breakfast while watching football.  Great idea!  Turns out some other guys from the stag had the same idea and were also at Leos.  It was the only time in my life that I've had breakfast, lunch and supper at the same pub.  The Riders beat the BC Lions in the western semis that night and all the BC fans stormed the pub after the game.  One of them bet my australian friends that she wouldnt dance on the table if ACDC was played on the jukebox.  We made sure an ACDC track was played, and she swiftly got up on the table and started dancing.  The whole pub cheered, then the music was cut off and they ordered her off the table or we'd all be thrown out.  Everyone boo'ed and to top it off the BC fan didn't even pay her the $20 that was on the line!  IIRC, the night ended at a country bar with bad karaoke.   :rofl2:

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #15533 on: August 03, 2018, 08:44:45 am »
One thing that never changes, you can count on people to ruin things for everybody else.

‘We’re closed forever!’: How the search for the perfect selfie led to bedlam at an Ontario sunflower farm
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-how-the-quest-for-the-perfect-selfie-forced-an-ontario-sunflower-farm/

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #15534 on: August 03, 2018, 09:40:24 am »
One thing that never changes, you can count on people to ruin things for everybody else.

‘We’re closed forever!’: How the search for the perfect selfie led to bedlam at an Ontario sunflower farm
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-how-the-quest-for-the-perfect-selfie-forced-an-ontario-sunflower-farm/

What a weird and sad story!  I stumbled across that place last summer and stopped in for bird seed, the thought of taking a selfie never crossed my mind, I guess I'm just not a trend setter!

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #15535 on: August 03, 2018, 09:42:58 am »

What a weird and sad story!  I stumbled across that place last summer and stopped in for bird seed, the thought of taking a selfie never crossed my mind, I guess I'm just not a trend setter!

Obviously you're not  :stick:  :rofl2:  :run:

Agree, it's a weird and sad story  :banghead:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #15536 on: August 03, 2018, 10:31:48 am »

"people are the worst"

Yup, that's why I live here.  Much fewer of them around.   :P

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: August 03, 2018, 01:53:48 pm »

That's why, when I find a place I really like, I don't tell people about it.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #15538 on: August 03, 2018, 02:21:55 pm »

"people are the worst"

Yup, that's why I live here.  Much fewer of them around.   :P

Than why are you post daily about the moron drivers you see   ???   :rofl:

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #15539 on: August 03, 2018, 04:00:53 pm »
There are THREE certain things in this life:  Death, Taxes, And the fact that any thread on this forum will devolve into a debate about AWD vs. FWD.