Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3221991 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #15160 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:18 pm »
My first experience with Thai as well years back, "not that spicy" means death to white guy lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #15161 on: April 16, 2018, 06:47:46 am »
My first experience with Thai as well years back, "not that spicy" means death to white guy lol

Not a fan at all of "hot" anything....Indian, Mexican....whatever. Because of that I've never even been to a Thai restaurant.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #15162 on: April 16, 2018, 06:54:51 am »

Not a fan at all of "hot" anything....Indian, Mexican....whatever. Because of that I've never even been to a Thai restaurant.

Spicy and hot are two different thing
There are a lot of Thai food that has favour but is not hot

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #15163 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:28 am »
Indian the same. I make lots of Indian food at home and use very few chillies as mrs tpl has a low tolerance for hot...but a high tolerance for spicy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #15164 on: April 16, 2018, 08:07:09 am »

Spicy and hot are two different thing
There are a lot of Thai food that has favour but is not hot

I eat hot Thai food for bfast regularly when the local Farmer's Market is in season. Panang Curry Pork with lots of full hot chillies floating in the sauce...>:D :lick: 

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15165 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:34 am »
Indian the same. I make lots of Indian food at home and use very few chillies as mrs tpl has a low tolerance for hot...but a high tolerance for spicy.

I have tried a variety of "non hot" Indian food but it appears I just don't like the taste of common Indian seasonings.  :-\

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: April 16, 2018, 08:47:12 am »

I have tried a variety of "non hot" Indian food but it appears I just don't like the taste of common Indian seasonings.  :-\
I too have a bit of an aversion to hot food (stomach issues will do that! ) Whereas IQ can eat stuff that would peel paint off a wall.

But I love Mexican food...it can be made as hot as you like. My current fav is this local place. Their beef burrito is superb. The beef is braised for 18-24 hours before they shred it. Spiced beautifully and not hot (that's what hot sauce is for). Just a fabulously tasty meal!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #15167 on: April 16, 2018, 09:11:58 am »

I too have a bit of an aversion to hot food (stomach issues will do that! ) Whereas IQ can eat stuff that would peel paint off a wall.

But I love Mexican food...it can be made as hot as you like. My current fav is this local place. Their beef burrito is superb. The beef is braised for 18-24 hours before they shred it. Spiced beautifully and not hot (that's what hot sauce is for). Just a fabulously tasty meal!
Looks like the place you and IQ took me to when I bought your TT.  Food there was amazing and also authentic.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: April 16, 2018, 09:16:48 am »

It might well taste good but visually I just can't imagine eating that....especially the brown sludge with the corn chip sticking out of it.
Maybe I've never had "good" Mexican food but what I have had has often struck me as being pretty bland...... hot ot not hot is a separate issue. 

Good visual example of James Mays description of Mexican food.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:23:31 am by sailor723 »

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: April 16, 2018, 09:24:09 am »

It might well taste good but visually I just can't imagine eating that....especially the brown sludge with the corn chip sticking out of it.
Maybe I've never had "good" Mexican food but what I have had has often struck me as being pretty bland...... hot ot not hot is a separate issue. 

Good visual example of Jeremy Clarkson's description of Mexican food.  ;D
You'd be wrong. The flavors and spicing are complex. And it's fresh made daily from scratch..so flavor is through the roof. I mean...how can one not like tender braised beef? The topping on the burrito is just cheese.

Also that brown stuff is just mashed beans.

And yes...I'm guessing you've not had authentic Mexican.

And Angry...this is a different place..opened after your visit. Owned by a couple like the other place.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:27:11 am by rrocket »

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: April 16, 2018, 09:34:28 am »
Taking good pictures of good food is hard to do and an art form.  This is why I don't try LOL.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #15171 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:17 am »
JUst for the details:    We had Dal made in the instant pot 1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri chilli and other spices for the Tadka.  Kashmiri chiilli powder is not very hot but does add great colour.
Shrimps in Coconut milk  1 chopped red chilli + 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder as above
Okra dusted with spices with a touch of chilli, fried.
Cauliflower with green onions, again one chopped red chilli
Steamed Basmati.

These chillis are not the very small  Thai chillis but a 3 inch long variety ( come in green as well) a bit hotter than Jalapenos.

I used Ghee for the dal, canola oil for everything else.  Not vegan because of the shrimps and the Ghee

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #15172 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:44 am »

That looks delicious.  Now I'm hungry....again.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #15173 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:05 am »

Good visual example of James Mays description of Mexican food.  ;D
You need to try Mexican Mole sauce, it is very good
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_sauce

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: April 16, 2018, 10:16:22 am »
I was in Oromocto on Saturday, and in the center of each of their roundabouts, they have signs that say "No Signs Allowed".
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: April 16, 2018, 10:23:59 am »
I was in Oromocto on Saturday, and in the center of each of their roundabouts, they have signs that say "No Signs Allowed".
ROFL!

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #15176 on: April 16, 2018, 01:01:09 pm »

I love Mexican as well, but... can't do the refried beans.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #15177 on: April 16, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »

:rofl2:  You need to take a picture and send it to Jimmy Fallon for his Bad Signs segment.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #15178 on: April 16, 2018, 02:13:36 pm »

Sometimes irony can be pretty ironic.

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #15179 on: April 17, 2018, 01:35:14 pm »
Friend of mine just replaced his '15 F-150 3.5 EB with a nearly identical '18 2.7 EB. Looking forward to taking it for a spin.