Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3222195 times)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #15060 on: March 15, 2018, 04:42:33 pm »
Spike TV, worst facking TV channel out there when it comes to commercials.  Every time there is a commercial they air the same facking ones three times each before for going back to the show.   Brutal.   ::)

I have to ask...what's worth watching on SpikeTV?

Once in awhile I watch Bar Rescue.  Watched a couple of episodes this afternoon in the kitchen while I was making Pasta.  The commercials drove me nuts.

That loudmouth jerk annoys me, he's always yelling and being a jerk.  But then again, the bars that he picks are usually run or staffed by jerks, too, so it's kind of a jerk off show, so to speak.

But I admit, I watch it occasionally.

Yeah, I can only take him in small doses as well.  Being a bar owner now, hopefully I'll never need to call him.   ;D
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #15061 on: March 21, 2018, 08:26:07 am »
FB reminded me it's Firms birthday. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK!   :bday: :bday: :bday: :drv2:

I hope the 401 traffic is ok for you today!

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: March 23, 2018, 08:20:10 am »
My brother test drove a Kia (didn't say which model)...ended up buying a 2013 Golf 2.5 instead. No comparison he said.  The VW was so much better.  Leaps and bounds.  Hope it doesn't FGC on him.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #15063 on: March 23, 2018, 08:29:37 am »
My brother test drove a Kia (didn't say which model)...ended up buying a 2013 Golf 2.5 instead. No comparison he said.  The VW was so much better.  Leaps and bounds.  Hope it doesn't FGC on him.

Not much to go wrong on that Engine, mine had 190k km when. Sold it and only thing ive ever done is changr oil , air filter, spark plug.
The car itself is good too.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: March 23, 2018, 09:13:13 am »
That's a good sign...his kid bought an older New Beetle (53 stickers on it and everything lol) and it's been nothing but a nightmare.  With the Golf he even got a set of (black  :-\) 18" aluminum 5 spoke winter wheels/tires, and of course the stock 17's.  Hope I get to see it someday, finally get a ride in one, see what all the German fuss is about.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #15065 on: March 23, 2018, 09:41:27 am »
That's a good sign...his kid bought an older New Beetle (53 stickers on it and everything lol) and it's been nothing but a nightmare.  With the Golf he even got a set of (black  :-\) 18" aluminum 5 spoke winter wheels/tires, and of course the stock 17's.  Hope I get to see it someday, finally get a ride in one, see what all the German fuss is about.

some people don't even notice it anyway.   

it's subtle things.  like, how the door feels when you push it open, how all the shifter and buttons have solid feel, logical layout of controls, how it rides down the road feeling all substantial even though it's 2800 lbs golf, etc.   

i think the difference isn't as pronounced as it used to be though.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:06 pm »
Palm Sunday.  But I have a problem, left palm, or right palm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: March 26, 2018, 05:55:54 pm »
No idea where to post this.  Don't feel like starting a new thread.

My wife's parents want to get rid of their upright piano.  My wife want's it at the new house.  Her reason is it won't be expensive, and she likes to play (she hasn't played in over 20 years).  Also, she says the kids could play too.  That's all I need another activity for the kids, girl guides, spanish, and swimming. 

I really don't want it.  Been arguing all week over it.  She's never pulled the I can have it if I want card before. 

My idea was to try a small digital keyboard.  If she plays that enough, then get the other one.  But I suspect, after a couple of months, it will sit there in the family room collecting dust.

I said I want a pool table, she says that costs more, so the argument isn't the same. 

Not really sure what to do. 

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: March 26, 2018, 06:17:20 pm »
I don’t see the value in arguing over a free piano.  I’d say, sure, why not.  But that’s just me.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: March 26, 2018, 06:27:30 pm »
No idea where to post this.  Don't feel like starting a new thread.

My wife's parents want to get rid of their upright piano.  My wife want's it at the new house.  Her reason is it won't be expensive, and she likes to play (she hasn't played in over 20 years).  Also, she says the kids could play too.  That's all I need another activity for the kids, girl guides, spanish, and swimming. 

I really don't want it.  Been arguing all week over it.  She's never pulled the I can have it if I want card before. 

My idea was to try a small digital keyboard.  If she plays that enough, then get the other one.  But I suspect, after a couple of months, it will sit there in the family room collecting dust.

I said I want a pool table, she says that costs more, so the argument isn't the same. 

Not really sure what to do.

Stand firm, my friend.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: March 26, 2018, 06:30:17 pm »
I don’t see the value in arguing over a free piano.  I’d say, sure, why not.  But that’s just me.

Not hard to find a free used piano.  It's moving them, having it tuned.  Having to listen to the lack of real music that will be played on it. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: March 26, 2018, 06:32:59 pm »

Not hard to find a free used piano.  It's moving them, having it tuned.  Having to listen to the lack of real music that will be played on it.

And possibly needlessly taking up space.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: March 26, 2018, 06:33:46 pm »

Yeah where the pool table could go!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: March 26, 2018, 06:35:07 pm »

Yeah where the pool table could go!

Yep...a piano will be a shiny new toy for a month or so...then be a dust collector and used as a shelf.   :rofl2:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #15074 on: March 26, 2018, 07:44:54 pm »

Get the piano , you never know the kids may like to play

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #15075 on: March 26, 2018, 08:00:47 pm »
Get the piano, you never know, it might be magic.

Burton Cummings - The Magic Piano
https://youtu.be/NAnfSeuUfHM
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: March 26, 2018, 08:06:32 pm »

Well my youngest, 4 in 2 weeks, has had baby guitar, but said he wanted a big boy one, so we got him one.  Shows quite a bit of interest in that.  But when we go to his grandparents, he just smashes those piano keys!  I am the one at home with the kids more often.

If it was digital, it be less of an argument, headphones!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: March 26, 2018, 08:27:11 pm »

Well my youngest, 4 in 2 weeks, has had baby guitar, but said he wanted a big boy one, so we got him one.  Shows quite a bit of interest in that.  But when we go to his grandparents, he just smashes those piano keys!  I am the one at home with the kids more often.

If it was digital, it be less of an argument, headphones!

Do you still have the lock key for the piano??   ;D

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #15078 on: March 27, 2018, 01:04:34 pm »
One of the guys I've worked with for years is retiring this week.
He says to me yesterday, with a big grin "This is my last Monday!"

He got one of these from me:

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #15079 on: March 27, 2018, 01:09:01 pm »
One of the guys I've worked with for years is retiring this week.
He says to me yesterday, with a big grin "This is my last Monday!"

He got one of these from me:

So, what's he going to do in retirement?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?