Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3236371 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #12020 on: November 16, 2015, 11:22:49 am »
Don't know about a unified voice, but I've been critical of Irish terrorists and the money they got from North America for about 30 years now.

That's kind of the thing. The Catholics in places like Boston and NY were big into fundraising for the IRA.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: November 16, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »
Funny how Boston and NYC didn't like being on the receiving end of terrorism, though, isn't it?
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: November 16, 2015, 12:47:52 pm »
Funny how Boston and NYC didn't like being on the receiving end of terrorism, though, isn't it?

Yup. But they would explain it as being a completely different situation, because reasons.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: November 16, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »
^ Exactly.

And Imams have been denouncing the violence and terrorist attacks. They had the local guy on the news this morning as a matter of fact.

But that doesn't get as much coverage, especially when the war machine is trying to ramp up.

Yes, no problem with local guys denouncing this.  Or Muslims in North America or other countries. But Muslim countries denouncing this in a firm, forceful manner?  Not so much.  Ever.  An occasional Iman here and there as you point out.

Also...please tell me how many Syrian refugees the Muslim countries have taken in and/or done to combat ISIS.  Combined, they have a standing army of nearly 5 million.  Yet it's Russia and USA doing the heavy lifting in Syria.  Many Muslim countries have even gone so far as to say "We don't want these people" and closed their borders to them. 

Only Iran seems to be doing much in the way of combating ISIS.  But mostly because it's too close to the doorstep for comfort in Iraq.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: November 16, 2015, 06:06:19 pm »
Did anyone hear the a-holes from Mizzou and Black Lives Matter comparing their struggle with what happened in Paris?  Are you kidding me?

What a bunch of classless jackasses....

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #12025 on: November 16, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »
^ Exactly.

And Imams have been denouncing the violence and terrorist attacks. They had the local guy on the news this morning as a matter of fact.

But that doesn't get as much coverage, especially when the war machine is trying to ramp up.

Yes, no problem with local guys denouncing this.  Or Muslims in North America or other countries. But Muslim countries denouncing this in a firm, forceful manner?  Not so much.  Ever.  An occasional Iman here and there as you point out.

Also...please tell me how many Syrian refugees the Muslim countries have taken in and/or done to combat ISIS.  Combined, they have a standing army of nearly 5 million.  Yet it's Russia and USA doing the heavy lifting in Syria.  Many Muslim countries have even gone so far as to say "We don't want these people" and closed their borders to them. 

Only Iran seems to be doing much in the way of combating ISIS.  But mostly because it's too close to the doorstep for comfort in Iraq.
But those countries are Sunni countries ( unlike Iran).  I believe that the Koran has an injunction about Muslims fighting other Muslims*** and I wonder if those forces from Saudi and the Gulf state could not be trusted to fight ISIS. Trusted by their governments that is to fight ISIS rather than turn around onto their own countries.

*** Shi'a and Sunni don't necessarily consider the other to be Muslims so the diktat doesn't apply.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: November 16, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »
^ Exactly.

But those countries are Sunni countries ( unlike Iran).  I believe that the Koran has an injunction about Muslims fighting other Muslims*** and I wonder if those forces from Saudi and the Gulf state could not be trusted to fight ISIS. Trusted by their governments that is to fight ISIS rather than turn around onto their own countries.

*** Shi'a and Sunni don't necessarily consider the other to be Muslims so the diktat doesn't apply.

Yes.  They consider each other to be "innovators of Islam" which, according to many, is worse than being an infidel.  All of this killing and hate between these two groups because of a conflict in succession.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: November 17, 2015, 12:11:00 am »
^ Exactly.

Well, there's no Muslim "pope" so I'm not sure what you're expecting. The Saudi king denounced it, so did Jordan, Turkey, Iran and Iraq.

Turkey has taken in over 2M Syrian refugees. Local states like Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan have all taken in over 100k each. The Gulf states are the laggards, but they have contributed funds at least.

Get all you news from Fox?

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #12028 on: November 17, 2015, 08:22:20 am »
Just stopped myself from saying that my car is being stored at the race track when I was talking with an agent about cancelling my car insurance for the winter months.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #12029 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:01 am »
Sweet, all-wheel drive, at the track already.  Perfect!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12030 on: November 17, 2015, 05:20:27 pm »
The 911 is gone.  Let the sulking and pouting begin...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: November 17, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »

The Saudi king denounced it,

Just going through the motions.   ::)  You do know that Saudi Arabia is the epicenter for radical Islam in the world, right?  But yea..the King "denounced" it so everything is fine now.   ::)  And Iran?  Nah...they've never supported extremist terrorists so everything is OK.  And Jordan's Islamic Liberation Party are a bunch of peaceniks.

This is nothing but lip service.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:27:34 pm by rrocket »

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: November 17, 2015, 05:31:20 pm »
Perfect for what exactly? :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: November 17, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »

Making fires to light the BBQ?   :run:

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: November 17, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »

Funny guy.  My fire problems are behind me, but not without costing me more recently as I had to replace a number of vacuum hoses that got BBQ'd.  Stupid varmints!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:32 pm »

Funny guy.  My fire problems are behind me, but not without costing me more recently as I had to replace a number of vacuum hoses that got BBQ'd.  Stupid varmints!

What ever happened with the tune?  Anything?

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: November 17, 2015, 06:25:53 pm »

What ever happened with the tune?  Anything?
I am upgrading the injectors and will then get a new tune.  I've already purchased "Green Giant" Bosch injectors.  Just have to install them.  Spring project.  That and H&R Super Sport springs.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: November 18, 2015, 01:03:27 am »

The Saudi king denounced it,

Just going through the motions.   ::)  You do know that Saudi Arabia is the epicenter for radical Islam in the world, right?  But yea..the King "denounced" it so everything is fine now.   ::)  And Iran?  Nah...they've never supported extremist terrorists so everything is OK.  And Jordan's Islamic Liberation Party are a bunch of peaceniks.

This is nothing but lip service.

Also:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: November 18, 2015, 01:10:05 am »
I'm right.  Do some reading on the subject.

Remember this guy?  He said lots of stuff in public too.  Remember?  It must have been all true.   :rofl2: :rofl:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:12:55 am by rrocket »

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: November 20, 2015, 09:39:06 am »
Last night, daughter was at a school choir practice.  Practicing for the Christmas concert.

As soon as they sang the line 'To save us all from Satan's power', the lights went out.  Power failure in the downtown area.

I guess you should be careful not to tempt fate.