Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3223036 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10840 on: March 11, 2015, 06:53:10 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_equations

My memory is pretty fuzzy on high-voltage stuff, but I thought you needed multi-circuits for this effect. 
I'm actually just curious.
Mr Pickypants

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: March 11, 2015, 06:55:54 pm »

My memory is pretty fuzzy on high-voltage stuff, but I thought you needed multi-circuits for this effect. 

My physics is a bit fuzzy two but the EM fields will cancel. AC current down the wire will create a magnetic field, and two wires with current going in opposite direction will create offsetting fields. The closer the two wires are together then the more cancellation there is (think if they were exactly on top of each other, there would be zero current hence zero magnetic field).

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #10842 on: March 11, 2015, 07:03:00 pm »

My physics is a bit fuzzy two but the EM fields will cancel. AC current down the wire will create a magnetic field, and two wires with current going in opposite direction will create offsetting fields. The closer the two wires are together then the more cancellation there is (think if they were exactly on top of each other, there would be zero current hence zero magnetic field).
Isn't field cancellation the reason for: 300 ohm balanced antenna cable    and the twisted pairs within ethernet cat 5-6 cables.   

Not often Maxwell is quoted on a car forum... I liked his  Daemons.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:04:36 pm by tpl »
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: March 11, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »
Twisted pair is to cancel external interference. But probably a different application of the same principle.

Ok - you guys are stressing my memory of Grade 10 through 4th year undergrad physics. Lets go back to insulting each other ok.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:23 pm »
Not often Maxwell is quoted on a car forum... I liked his  Daemons.

We are an eclectic bunch. Half the stuff on here has nothing to do with cars.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10845 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »
Only on this forum...you post a couple pics of your nice  house/backyard and the peanut gallery will give you a hard time for poor landscaping, powerlines, etc.
Love this place hahah

Hehehe...yea, I remember when you were ragging Snowie about his yard.... :rofl2:

It was parging on the foundation walls. You ragged out about my lawn  :P 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: March 11, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »
Only on this forum...you post a couple pics of your nice  house/backyard and the peanut gallery will give you a hard time for poor landscaping, powerlines, etc.
Love this place hahah

Hehehe...yea, I remember when you were ragging Snowie about his yard.... :rofl2:

No...I didn't rag you out about your lawn.  It looks fine.  I ragged you out about getting someone to mow your lawn.   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10847 on: March 11, 2015, 07:18:45 pm »
Love this place hahah

No...I didn't rag you out about your lawn.  It looks fine.  I ragged you out about getting someone to mow your lawn.   ;D

Guess I should let the gardener go  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: March 11, 2015, 07:22:08 pm »
Love this place hahah

Truth be told...you're the Grand Champion when it comes to ragging people about their lawns/yards.   ;D

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: March 11, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »
Love this place hahah

Truth be told...you're the Grand Champion when it comes to ragging people about their lawns/yards.   ;D

I do set the bar high  :) typically neighbors elevate their game when I move in....except for the renters  :P

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: March 11, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »
Love this place hahah

I do set the bar high  :) typically neighbors elevate their game when I move in....except for the renters  :P

I wish you were my neighbor.  I'd let my lawn go to yellow/brown just so your head would explode.   :rofl2:

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: March 11, 2015, 07:49:50 pm »
Love this place hahah

I wish you were my neighbor.  I'd let my lawn go to yellow/brown just so your head would explode.   :rofl2:

:rofl: I have actually sprayed some of my neighbors lawns so it would not impact mine  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:36 pm »
Love this place hahah

:rofl: I have actually sprayed some of my neighbors lawns so it would not impact mine  :)

My neighbor did the same last year!!  Asked if he could spray my lawn....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10853 on: March 12, 2015, 09:22:38 am »
I would spray it brown!  My neighbour would really lose it.  The retired anal accountant and golfer that he is.....

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #10854 on: March 12, 2015, 09:35:52 am »
I would spray it brown!  My neighbour would really lose it.  The retired anal accountant and golfer that he is.....

Huh?  i didn't know that was a recognized profession.   do they get nationally certified as well for counting a-holes?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #10855 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:33 am »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #10856 on: March 12, 2015, 09:56:14 am »
Twisted pair is to cancel external interference. But probably a different application of the same principle.

Ok - you guys are stressing my memory of Grade 10 through 4th year undergrad physics. Lets go back to insulting each other ok.

I thought the twisted pair was for the effect of having the capacitance cancel out the inductance in the run of wire.

Northernridge

« Reply #10857 on: March 12, 2015, 10:00:32 am »

Huh?  i didn't know that was a recognized profession.   do they get nationally certified as well for counting a-holes?

I'd rather my neighbor be an anal accountant than an anal pirate

Doesn't this belong in the movie thread?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10858 on: March 12, 2015, 10:12:06 am »

I'd rather my neighbor be an anal accountant than an anal pirate

More of a joke, he is a great neighbour.  Cuts my grass, fertilizes it.  I do his snow sometimes.  Make him meals.  He lets the dog out for me if I am in a jam.  We don't do anything together like my other neighbours though...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #10859 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
Just saw a VW Routan......still confused as to why someone chose to spend more on a fake VW rather than save and buy a Caravan......
Lighten up Francis.....