Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3222934 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10760 on: March 03, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »
Is it wrong to call him an idiot, just because he is?

No. In fact, it would be very right to call an idiot an idiot.

Apparently my comments made him sad.   I've been asked to limit my comments to facts and avoid "ad hominem" attacks.

He posted this:

I posted a comment about how 47% of the deaths from measles are in India, then added that I guess Gandhi was wrong.   Also that Gandhi didn't believe in any medicines so if you believe him you should probably stop seeing all doctors for anything.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:30:41 pm by blur911 »
Mr Pickypants

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #10761 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »
Reminds me of that poor Aboriginal girl who refused or her parents refused treatment for cancer. She sought "natural herbal medicines." She died (obviously).

Christ, man.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/director-at-health-spa-treating-aboriginal-girls-ordered-to-stop-practising-1.2252461

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #10762 on: March 03, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »

Apparently my comments made him sad.   I've been asked to limit my comments to facts and avoid "ad hominem" attacks.

He posted this:

I posted a comment about how 47% of the deaths from measles are in India, then added that I guess Gandhi was wrong.   Also that Gandhi didn't believe in any medecines so if you believe him you should probably stop seeing all doctors for anything.

He sounds like a treat....is he a close relative?? Like can you meet up with him and smack him across his mouth??

Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #10763 on: March 03, 2015, 03:37:11 pm »
In modern matters of science vs. religion, religion still comes out on top much of the time.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:29 pm »
In modern matters of science vs. religion, religion still comes out on top much of the time.

But thats like saying, "no I cant do that because Spiderman told me not to"........

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: March 03, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

He posted this:

I posted a comment about how 47% of the deaths from measles are in India, then added that I guess Gandhi was wrong.   Also that Gandhi didn't believe in any medicines so if you believe him you should probably stop seeing all doctors for anything.

He sounds like a treat....is he a close relative?? Like can you meet up with him and smack him across his mouth??

Never met him, just a distant relative who has the same relatively rare family name.    I just can't help calling BS for what it is.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:46:13 pm by blur911 »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #10766 on: March 03, 2015, 03:46:16 pm »
Science is so poorly understood by so many, that it comes across as just another form of mysticism.

Then there's this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVPdyYeaQU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: March 03, 2015, 03:55:16 pm »
Saw an interesting statistic here at work.

Apparently 7/8's of Ford's profit comes from the F150

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: March 03, 2015, 03:58:02 pm »

He posted this:

Never met him, just a distant relative who has the same relatively rare family name.    I just can't help calling BS for what it is.

As well you should....ignorance shouldn't be allowed to flourish.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10769 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:33 pm »
Saw an interesting statistic here at work.

Apparently 7/8's of Ford's profit comes from the F150

Interesting.

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2013/01/29/fords-margins-its-all-about-the-trucks/

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #10770 on: March 03, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »

He fabricated data to support his theory that the MMR vaccine and autism were correlated. He had to withdraw the study after a number of other groups couldn't replicate his findings. It eventually came to light that he was working directly for a group that had launched a huge class action lawsuit against the vaccine manufacturer.

He has been barred from practising medicine and The Lancet withdrew his paper after further investigation calling it “the most appalling catalog and litany of some of the most terrible behavior in any research.” The editors of the British Medical Journal also described Wakefield’s research as an “elaborate fraud.”

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-05/how-did-discredited-study-create-us-anti-vaccine-madness

Yea, that's Wakefield and autism.  I'm not referring to him...as you point out the autism claim was disproved and I think he was in cahoots with lawyers too in some money scheme to sue the vaccine maker, wasn't he?.  I refer to 2 other Dr. who said the MMR vaccine caused various serious side-effects (though not autism).  One of them was dragged through the mud publicly.  He eventually sued the board over this and was vindicated and won.  IIRC, he questioned whether the Rubella vaccine was absolutely necessary in the combo vaccine.

Just curious that Japan also had issue with MMR vaccine and side effects not seen in individual injections.

In the end, it kinda reminded me of the how "Global Warming" was mis-termed and essentially became a mockery ie. "There's no global warming, it's snowing out!".  When these Drs in separate countries said "Be cautious with MMR" turned into "Don't vaccinate your kids!!"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:09:39 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #10771 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:55 pm »
Ninety-minute naps rule. 
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Northernridge

« Reply #10772 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »
Ninety-minute naps rule.

Naps end at 20 minutes, you had a sleep.  :)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #10773 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:25 pm »
I think I may have sprained, or broken a rib while playing outside with my nephew earlier.  I lost my footing while on a snowbank and landed hard on my side.  He thought it was part of the act and started chucking snow at me while i flailed away on the ground trying to catch my breath.  :P. I sneezed a few minutes ago and it hurt llke a broken rib for sure!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:42:05 pm by KarlsDarwin »

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #10774 on: March 04, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »
I think I may have sprained, or broken a rib while playing outside with my nephew earlier.  I lost my footing while on a snowbank and landed hard on my side.  He thought it was part of the act and started chucking snow at me while i flailed away on the ground trying to catch my breath.  :P. I sneezed a few minutes ago and it hurt llke a broken rib for sure!

Ouch, that sucks Tom.  I've had broken ribs on three occasions now and there is no mistaking it.  If you need to cough or sneeze, you're in a world of pain.  The crappy thing is that there isn't anything you can do about it either.  Hope the ribs heal up soon!  :(
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #10775 on: March 04, 2015, 11:42:00 pm »
We shouldn't assume work is the cause of Canuck's stress...actually we probably shouldn't speculate at all.

--

Businesses grow in phases though and in my experience the stressful parts are the times between the plateaus. Staying the same is familiar and relatively easy to manage.

It has been work related stress for sure (brewing wise that is).  It's not a bad stress in a way as I'm just not able to keep up with demand with all of my licensees.  I guess it's a better issue to have than having a sh!t ton of kegs sitting around waiting to be ordered.  The expansion stuff is a lot to deal with as well,  but I'm glad I have a CPA involved in every meeting I have now.   BUT, it IS stress for sure and is obviously effecting me.   Tension headaches sure are a weird, yet painful feeling.  Just as bad as a Migraine, just completely different. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:50:22 pm by CanuckS2K »

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10776 on: March 05, 2015, 06:26:08 am »

:( broken ribs are not fun

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #10777 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:57 pm »
I was just told it's National Fart Day

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10778 on: March 05, 2015, 01:04:24 pm »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10779 on: March 05, 2015, 04:43:09 pm »
We shouldn't assume work is the cause of Canuck's stress...actually we probably shouldn't speculate at all.

--

Businesses grow in phases though and in my experience the stressful parts are the times between the plateaus. Staying the same is familiar and relatively easy to manage.

It has been work related stress for sure (brewing wise that is).  It's not a bad stress in a way as I'm just not able to keep up with demand with all of my licensees.  I guess it's a better issue to have than having a sh!t ton of kegs sitting around waiting to be ordered.  The expansion stuff is a lot to deal with as well,  but I'm glad I have a CPA involved in every meeting I have now.   BUT, it IS stress for sure and is obviously effecting me.   Tension headaches sure are a weird, yet painful feeling.  Just as bad as a Migraine, just completely different.

Just keep going, you're doing well.  As you say, it's much better than having a lot of inventory and no sales.  Have you hired anyone yet, if not, it sounds like you should.  Don't wait until you think you can afford it, you need to be ahead of demand, which sometimes means sinking money into people before you see the returns.  Find a brewery student!