Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3222585 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10380 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:19 pm »
Can anyone reach Leasebuster's website?  I can't reach it, but no issues with any other website.
No problem for me on ipad
The Gods are telling you , not to take over someone's lease  :rofl2:

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10381 on: January 25, 2015, 07:34:22 am »
Littering......man I don't understand why people litter.  I brew every 2-3 days, and when I do, I drive my spent beer grains up to my neighbour's farm on my ATV which is about 700 ft away or so.  And each time I stop along the side of the road to pick up Tim's cups, Mcdonalds bags, beer cans, etc.  And I find new stuff every couple of days that I deliver the grains.  Seriously, why is it so hard for people to leave the crap in their vehicles until they get home?  I just don't get it?   >:(

Disgusting isn't it?  I regularily pick up bottles on the side of the road while walking the dog because i know they will end up as broken glass eventually and good chance of my dog, or someone elses cutting their paw open.  I also pick up discarded cans and have no problem filling a grocery bag on a short walk.  >:(

The worst though is the blatant dumping that I see at some of my remote radio sites.  It's rampant and obviously part of the culture.  I got so pissed off a few months ago when i had to remove a bunch of household garbage that was dumped right in front of the access gate.  I noticed some paperwork in the one of the bags that had ripped open found a name and address and called the number listed on the govt website for reporting this type of thing.  They said they couldn't do anything without proof.  I then called the number on the paperwork and pretended i was from the dept of enviro and told the halfwit redneck who answered that i had proof they had illegally dumped, but would give them a chance to clean their mess before pressing charges.  I put the garbage (along with some other junk thrown into the neaby ditch) neatly off to the side.  I came back the next day and it was gone!   ;D.  They probably just dumped it somewhere else illegally, but at least they picked it up and got it outta my face.

What ever works imo... >:D

People who litter drive me batty also. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac right next to a so called "protected area" forest. There is a McDonalds, a Starbucks, two Sushi restaurants, and the douche bags that come get their food to go and go into the protected area always leave their garbage in the forest or right next to my place. For gawd sakes, they have to walk right by McDonalds on the way out, and there is a garbage bag right there.

We also now have some new people in the neighbourhood who think that's its OK, not to pick up after their dogs. The problem is, I keep the area next to my fence very neat, no weeds, grass cut, as I take pride on my side of the entrance to the forest. So of course that's the side they let their dogs leave their crap, not on the other side that the neighbour across the street doesn't care about.

When I catch them, and I ask them to pick up their garbage or dog crap in a very nice manner. Of course 99% tell me where to go. So I politely ask them why they think its OK to mess up my area, to which they really don't have an answer. So, I pick up their garbage and follow them, as I tell them if its OK for you to litter at my place, I have a right to return the litter/dog droppings to the rightful owner.

There is also an idiot homeowner on one of the other streets that likes to drop his garden waste or construction project crap in the forest next to my place. I asked the municipality to prune the lower branches of the giant cedar tree next to our place, so there is no cover to hide what he is doing. Last summer he dumped a load of concrete and rocks, which I decided to put back on his driveway.

I have lived at this location for almost 30 years, I am seeing the forest slowing dying from abuse of others. Nobody seems to care, bark has been stripped from trees, some kids decided to build a bike track in the forest, destroying all the ground vegetation, destroying the root system of some very large trees so they could build banked curves. This year six trees have fallen in that area, luckily no one has ever been hurt.

99% of the destruction is from people who don't live in on the three cul-de-sacs the make up our neighbourhood. Some pukes, are not trying to start fires in the forest. Once in awhile we see some paper, small branches and burnt matches, laid out between trees. Luckily these pukes don't realize you need dry kindling. Just last week I noticed that some of remaining ground vegetation has turned black, and when I got down lower to investigate, I could smell kerosene. I am getting afraid, very afraid of what's going to happen to our little piece of paradise if these little pukes succeed.

I am thinking very seriously of getting some security cameras around the perimeter of the property, but since most of the vandalism happens under the cover of darkness, I don't think the security cameras would be able to capture a clear image, if something did happen.

Yes they can  :)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #10382 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:30 am »
99% of the destruction is from people who don't live in on the three cul-de-sacs the make up our neighbourhood. Some pukes, are not trying to start fires in the forest. Once in awhile we see some paper, small branches and burnt matches, laid out between trees. Luckily these pukes don't realize you need dry kindling. Just last week I noticed that some of remaining ground vegetation has turned black, and when I got down lower to investigate, I could smell kerosene. I am getting afraid, very afraid of what's going to happen to our little piece of paradise if these little pukes succeed.

Fires: The hardest thing to start but even harder to put out. So many kids don't understand that. I had one friend that would say, "How do you know your fired is out.....stick your hand in it".

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #10383 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:41 pm »
^^ I find Princess Auto is really bad for this.  Last time I was there the smell of synth rubber was almost overwhelming... :P

Canadian Tire does that to me, at certain times of the year.  When they get new tires, maybe?  Same with Hiker's Haven, with all the vinyl and plastic gear.

I have to not have been at work for over a week to be able to smell rubber, I've gone completely nose-blind to it.
Mr Pickypants

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: January 26, 2015, 10:29:39 am »
Saw this weird story on cbc.ca this morning, some crazy guy brewing beer...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/hammond-river-brewing-adds-coffee-bacon-to-new-craft-beer-1.2931658
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #10385 on: January 26, 2015, 10:34:17 am »

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #10386 on: January 26, 2015, 10:40:38 am »
Boss. :cheers:
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #10387 on: January 26, 2015, 10:41:18 am »

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #10388 on: January 26, 2015, 10:49:15 am »
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10389 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:48 am »
Excellent. Nothing wrong with a beer at breakfast Shane  :)

Northernridge

« Reply #10390 on: January 26, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »
My wife said today that we should move to Grimsby  ??? #whatthehellsingrimsby?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10391 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:52 pm »

Am I missing something?  I don't know, nice little town.  Whats in Manitoba?

Northernridge

« Reply #10392 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:52 pm »

Me.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: January 26, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »

Me.

Reason enough to leave.... :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:35 pm »

Me.

Reason enough to leave.... :rofl2:

:rofl:

Northernridge

« Reply #10395 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:04 pm »

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #10396 on: January 26, 2015, 08:23:18 pm »
Facking stupid corporate policies.   Can't have me running a small ultrasonic humidifier in my workspace because it doesn't have a energy star logo on it....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: January 26, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »
Facking stupid corporate policies.   Can't have me running a small ultrasonic humidifier in my workspace because it doesn't have a energy star logo on it....

Wow! Do any of them drive V8's to work? 

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #10398 on: January 26, 2015, 08:54:38 pm »

I would love to move to Grimsby!  Love it out there.  So pretty.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: January 26, 2015, 09:51:42 pm »

Wrong side of the lake  :P