Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3222668 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10360 on: January 23, 2015, 12:25:46 am »
Are you taking the classes at UTM?

Yep.  Pretty cool place.  And it irks me that I'm still awake, answering you.   :rofl2:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #10361 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:38 am »
15000 universally high quality posts!  :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Northernridge

« Reply #10362 on: January 23, 2015, 10:52:28 am »
15000 universally high quality posts!  :rofl2:

...and then you go and blow it with number 15,001.  :rofl:  ;)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #10363 on: January 23, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »
Littering......man I don't understand why people litter.  I brew every 2-3 days, and when I do, I drive my spent beer grains up to my neighbour's farm on my ATV which is about 700 ft away or so.  And each time I stop along the side of the road to pick up Tim's cups, Mcdonalds bags, beer cans, etc.  And I find new stuff every couple of days that I deliver the grains.  Seriously, why is it so hard for people to leave the crap in their vehicles until they get home?  I just don't get it?   >:(
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10364 on: January 23, 2015, 08:06:07 pm »
Littering......man I don't understand why people litter.  I brew every 2-3 days, and when I do, I drive my spent beer grains up to my neighbour's farm on my ATV which is about 700 ft away or so.  And each time I stop along the side of the road to pick up Tim's cups, Mcdonalds bags, beer cans, etc.  And I find new stuff every couple of days that I deliver the grains.  Seriously, why is it so hard for people to leave the crap in their vehicles until they get home?  I just don't get it?   >:(

Same here, drives me bonkers. IMO 80% of the population are pigs. On garbage day I see people put out their trash that is unsecured so it blows around. I have no problem in picking it up and tossing it on their front door step. Some have adjusted their ways.... :)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #10365 on: January 23, 2015, 08:14:22 pm »

Same here, drives me bonkers. IMO 80% of the population are pigs. On garbage day I see people put out their trash that is unsecured so it blows around. I have no problem in picking it up and tossing it on their front door step. Some have adjusted their ways.... :)

Oh, I can totally relate to that Snowy.   I used to do that exact same thing at my previous place where I had actual neighbours.   One of them always had his garbage unsecured and it would blow around all over all of the other people's properties.  Like you, I gathered the sh!t up and kept putting it on his front step until he took the hint.  I'm glad that I don't have neighbours anymore.   :)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »
Another one is when dog owners don't pick up after their dogs :censor:::) >:(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10367 on: January 23, 2015, 08:25:03 pm »

As a dog owner.....that pisses me off to no end >:(

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10368 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:54 pm »

I'm lucky as I work from home and usually see the offenders. As a dog owner I take one of my poop baggies, pick it up, and toss it on their driveway. It has been six months since I had to do that. The new home security cameras and signage appear to be helping out with that as well  :)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #10369 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:09 am »

Disgusting isn't it?  I regularily pick up bottles on the side of the road while walking the dog because i know they will end up as broken glass eventually and good chance of my dog, or someone elses cutting their paw open.  I also pick up discarded cans and have no problem filling a grocery bag on a short walk.  >:(

The worst though is the blatant dumping that I see at some of my remote radio sites.  It's rampant and obviously part of the culture.  I got so pissed off a few months ago when i had to remove a bunch of household garbage that was dumped right in front of the access gate.  I noticed some paperwork in the one of the bags that had ripped open found a name and address and called the number listed on the govt website for reporting this type of thing.  They said they couldn't do anything without proof.  I then called the number on the paperwork and pretended i was from the dept of enviro and told the halfwit redneck who answered that i had proof they had illegally dumped, but would give them a chance to clean their mess before pressing charges.  I put the garbage (along with some other junk thrown into the neaby ditch) neatly off to the side.  I came back the next day and it was gone!   ;D.  They probably just dumped it somewhere else illegally, but at least they picked it up and got it outta my face.

What ever works imo... >:D

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Tweet Thread
« Reply #10370 on: January 24, 2015, 10:43:45 am »
Watched a taxi driver yelling at a woman outside of Walmart, no sure what she did, other than to have a cartloads of groceries, but he was yelling at her calling her a Bad, bad woman!

Great advertising for your taxi firm, I must say.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #10371 on: January 24, 2015, 11:22:14 am »
I'm honestly shocked you guys have so many problems with littering... maybe Fredericton is a tad different, but other than the rare piece of garbage on an extremely windy day (when garbage bins themselves are blowing around) I've never had litter issues. However dog owner issues, too many of them unfortunately. This year I've had to deal with none, interestingly enough.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #10372 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »
I'm honestly shocked you guys have so many problems with littering... maybe Fredericton is a tad different, but other than the rare piece of garbage on an extremely windy day (when garbage bins themselves are blowing around) I've never had litter issues. However dog owner issues, too many of them unfortunately. This year I've had to deal with none, interestingly enough.

The place i mentioned above is located about half way betw fred and sj.  I work mostly outside of the city and i see lots of illegal dumping.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #10373 on: January 24, 2015, 02:16:33 pm »
Buddy let me drive his C63 AMG.....507hp equals me not being able to remove stupid smirk on my face.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #10374 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:31 pm »

Disgusting isn't it?  I regularily pick up bottles on the side of the road while walking the dog because i know they will end up as broken glass eventually and good chance of my dog, or someone elses cutting their paw open.  I also pick up discarded cans and have no problem filling a grocery bag on a short walk.  >:(

The worst though is the blatant dumping that I see at some of my remote radio sites.  It's rampant and obviously part of the culture.  I got so pissed off a few months ago when i had to remove a bunch of household garbage that was dumped right in front of the access gate.  I noticed some paperwork in the one of the bags that had ripped open found a name and address and called the number listed on the govt website for reporting this type of thing.  They said they couldn't do anything without proof.  I then called the number on the paperwork and pretended i was from the dept of enviro and told the halfwit redneck who answered that i had proof they had illegally dumped, but would give them a chance to clean their mess before pressing charges.  I put the garbage (along with some other junk thrown into the neaby ditch) neatly off to the side.  I came back the next day and it was gone!   ;D.  They probably just dumped it somewhere else illegally, but at least they picked it up and got it outta my face.

Nice work, Tom!   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »

haha...excellent

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10376 on: January 24, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »

Not much problems around here.  Only thing that irks me a bit, is 2 or 3 days after garbage day, bins are still out? 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #10377 on: January 24, 2015, 09:41:46 pm »
Can anyone reach Leasebuster's website?  I can't reach it, but no issues with any other website.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #10378 on: January 24, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
I was just able to.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #10379 on: January 24, 2015, 09:51:46 pm »
Weird, I can reach it on any of my Windows machines but not my Macs.   ???