Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195203 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16940 on: October 01, 2020, 10:57:46 am »
I just applied for a job at a truss plant in Saint John, NB.  My Mom's been bugging me to relocate out east since she and my Dad moved back out there a couple of years ago.  My brother also lives out there with his wife and kids, all in Quispamsis. 

Yesterday my mom sent me a link to a company page showing they're looking to hire a truss designer like myself, so I applied.  Can't hurt to explore the option.  But, it's a long shot.  I'm probably asking for more money than they're willing to pay, if they're even interested in me in the first place. 

But it's nice to imagine moving back to NB.  We took a brief look at houses in Quispamsis, which is where we'd want to live, and we can get something very nice for not much more money than we'd sell our house for here.  Being close to my brother and parents would be a very nice bonus, and there are plenty of activities and things to do in NB.  Quality of life there is excellent. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16941 on: October 01, 2020, 11:21:08 am »
I just applied for a job at a truss plant in Saint John, NB.  My Mom's been bugging me to relocate out east since she and my Dad moved back out there a couple of years ago.  My brother also lives out there with his wife and kids, all in Quispamsis. 

Yesterday my mom sent me a link to a company page showing they're looking to hire a truss designer like myself, so I applied.  Can't hurt to explore the option.  But, it's a long shot.  I'm probably asking for more money than they're willing to pay, if they're even interested in me in the first place. 

But it's nice to imagine moving back to NB.  We took a brief look at houses in Quispamsis, which is where we'd want to live, and we can get something very nice for not much more money than we'd sell our house for here.  Being close to my brother and parents would be a very nice bonus, and there are plenty of activities and things to do in NB.  Quality of life there is excellent.

Best part: easy access to Hammond River Brewing Company.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #16942 on: October 01, 2020, 11:22:00 am »

Yup, you beat me to it Bubba  :cheers:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: October 01, 2020, 11:25:31 am »
Good luck!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: October 01, 2020, 11:28:45 am »

When I was there for two weeks framing my parents' garage with my brother, HRB is all I drank.  It's truly delicious. 

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-771
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #16945 on: October 01, 2020, 11:38:52 am »

Good luck!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: October 01, 2020, 04:07:44 pm »
Good luck!!

I assume there's still lots of camping options in NB.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: October 01, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
Good luck!!

I assume there's still lots of camping options in NB.

Lots.  There's the entire maritimes, and then Quebec isn't too far away, either.  Maine is only a couple of hours away. 

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:05 am »
Good luck. Is your wife up for it?
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: October 02, 2020, 09:03:10 am »
Good luck. Is your wife up for it?

Yes.  She's game. 

Her work may or may not be an issue.  Since she's federal, there's an office in Saint John, but not strictly her department.  There IS an office in her department in Bathurst, though.  But since everybody is WFH, she may be able to live near Saint John and WFH indefinitely anyway, so the exact location may not matter.  Obviously we would need to broach the topic with her work before we ever consider moving. 

Anyway, all this is moot point, and just a thought exercise.  I merely applied for a job.  They haven't contacted me yet, if they even will.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 02:54:41 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-771
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #16950 on: October 02, 2020, 09:26:29 am »
If you're gonna move here, don't make the mistake of spelling it St John.  ;D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #16952 on: October 02, 2020, 02:22:44 pm »
Cool news GBA! Best of luck.  :thumbup:

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: October 02, 2020, 02:54:03 pm »
If you're gonna move here, don't make the mistake of spelling it St John.  ;D

Ooops, not sure how I made that mistake.  I definitely know the difference.  I used to live there as a teen.  Well, Hampton, actually, but close enough. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16954 on: October 02, 2020, 05:15:38 pm »
Nissan Micra caught going 192 km/h by MB RCMP.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #16955 on: October 04, 2020, 12:05:08 pm »
Decided to go with a name change on the forum. Realized the old name is the same as my Instagram profile as well as other spots, so going in the direction of a low profile in public forums  :)

Sorry for the confusion - I know I changed it twice in the last 5 hours. This one's here to stay... not sure if anyone gets the reference.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 06:04:39 pm by TheHire »
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16956 on: October 04, 2020, 07:08:01 pm »
Decided to go with a name change on the forum. Realized the old name is the same as my Instagram profile as well as other spots, so going in the direction of a low profile in public forums  :)

Sorry for the confusion - I know I changed it twice in the last 5 hours. This one's here to stay... not sure if anyone gets the reference.

I’m not confused.  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: October 04, 2020, 07:16:35 pm »

Clive Owen, BMW Films.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: October 04, 2020, 07:38:57 pm »

Clive Owen, BMW Films.

OH.  So does that mean MrsHire's new car is an M5?  Oliver guessed that in the same post as the Esprit...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #16959 on: October 04, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »

Clive Owen, BMW Films.

OH.  So does that mean MrsHire's new car is an M5?  Oliver guessed that in the same post as the Esprit...

Yessir. An '00 in Carbon Black.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:24:03 pm by TheHire »