Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3195000 times)

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #16720 on: March 22, 2020, 07:55:19 pm »
Has anyone ever checked out North Woods Law on the Discovery Channel?  Reality show about game wardens enforcing the law in Maine.  If you thought rednecks only existed in the south, some of the residents they have to contend with are priceless. :rofl2:  A pair of guys disappear after announcing they're going "jeeping", and everyone is looking for them.  Turns out they got stuck in some mud on an ATV trail overnight, and they were doing their "jeeping" in a Jeep Liberty with bald tires.

Pretty entertaining if you take it with a grain of salt.  Either that, or my COVID-19 TV-watching standards have tanked.

Northern Maine is seriously redneck. I typically drive into the U.S. at a more remote crossing and it's another world as soon as you are across the border.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #16721 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:01 pm »
Has anyone ever checked out North Woods Law on the Discovery Channel?  Reality show about game wardens enforcing the law in Maine.  If you thought rednecks only existed in the south, some of the residents they have to contend with are priceless. :rofl2:  A pair of guys disappear after announcing they're going "jeeping", and everyone is looking for them.  Turns out they got stuck in some mud on an ATV trail overnight, and they were doing their "jeeping" in a Jeep Liberty with bald tires.

Pretty entertaining if you take it with a grain of salt.  Either that, or my COVID-19 TV-watching standards have tanked.
LOL, living in NB, and having been to rural Maine many times, this show makes me laugh, it’s quite realistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16722 on: March 22, 2020, 09:11:02 pm »
LOL, living in NB, and having been to rural Maine many times, this show makes me laugh, it’s quite realistic.

Okay, then!   :rofl2:  One "perp" had an accent that sounded like Tracadie, or even Sudbury.  All the "suspects" looked and sounded like people in my ex-husband's home town (near Timmins).  Meanwhile, the wardens are all upstanding guys just trying to do their jobs, while the local lying liars spin tales to cover their butts when they're caught.  And they all smoke!   :rofl2:

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #16723 on: March 22, 2020, 09:25:58 pm »

We've been watching it as well, lol!! Can't get over all the people they run into with outstanding warrants, like WTF is up with that!? Then we watch Lone Star Law as well, which is Game Wardens in Texas, pretty entertaining as well.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16724 on: March 30, 2020, 08:02:13 am »
Well...this is/was exciting...other neighbours ringing the door bell at 3:10 AM. Hell of a wake up!! Thank God no one is home...conveniently... :think:
The flames at one point were at tree top level - gotta be 60-80', could feel the heat in my sons bedroom (I had to wake him up - he'd want to see it, so everyone woke up).

It's about a year or just over since it tried to burn down the first time.  They were home that time...this time both cars (hmmm) are gone for the weekend.

I am also wondering now if that faint beeping like a CO2 alarm I heard when I took the dog out for his final pee of the night at 11 wasn't theirs.  Sounded like it was coming from the camper...had I only gone to the other side and listened more closely...which is why I am also certain they weren't here.  If I could hear that outside then it wouldn't have been missed by anyone inside. 

Anyway you look at it...scary.

On a positive note, we can sit in our screen room again without having to smell cigarettes.  And we'll get the sunrise a good half hour earlier.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:32:05 pm by BWII »

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16725 on: March 30, 2020, 08:46:33 am »
^WOW!!! That would suck!!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16726 on: March 30, 2020, 09:02:20 am »
Well...this is/was exciting...other neighbours ringing the door bell at 3:10 AM. Hell of a wake up!! Thank God no one is home...conveniently... :think:
The flames at one point were at tree top level - gotta be 60-80', could feel the heat in my sons bedroom (I had to wake him up - he'd want to see it, so everyone woke up).

I'm glad no embers found their way onto your property and that your family is safe.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #16727 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:58 am »
That is crazy.  What a wake-up indeed.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: March 30, 2020, 10:51:43 am »
I just spoke to him...they were in Wpg getting his mom's apartment ready for her return from Texas later today, and their water line froze in their house (not anymore I imagine) so they needed someplace to stay over the weekend.  My kid would call BS on it...but he doesn't believe a word the guys says (get caught in one or two lies and he won't believe you, ever, again)...and there's some other stuff too. 

Seems I was hearing the smoke alarm going off.  Last year (March 3rd I think he said) after the first fire, they had super loud alarms put in every bedroom etc. when it was rebuilt. Deafening he said.  So damn...it was more than likely what I heard.  :bang:

Oh well, at least this time they will get a whole brand new not 120 yr old house (used to be "our" barn back in the early 1900s) with up to date wiring, and you can damn well bet he'll have loud smoke/fire alarms again.  Says he's not moving, they love this little darp.

Shoulda asked him if they got the 100" TV out.  ;D

Only 9:30 and it's already been flattened and shoved into the remaining hole.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #16729 on: March 30, 2020, 11:20:05 am »
The city adopted LED street lights few years ago, spending millions of dollars, saying they are good for 25 years.

now, a whole bunch of them died.  3 out of 5 on my street, in fact. 

reported it 2 months ago, and they finally replaced them last week. 

with Xenon bulbs.

i guess they didn't think to negotiate 5/10 year warranty when they spent MILLIONS of dollars buying LED bulbs. 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Mr Pickypants

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16731 on: March 31, 2020, 04:15:44 pm »
The Washington State Patrol intercepted the driver, who then attempted to outrun the State Troopers by driving his car, a Buick Park Avenue, "absolutely recklessly" as recalled by Trooper Heather Axtman, and forcing authorities to chase the sedan at speeds of up to 109 miles per hour.

Was this NormT?  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16732 on: April 08, 2020, 10:31:31 am »
Wonder why a UN plane would be in North Bay ?

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #16733 on: April 08, 2020, 10:37:06 am »

It's not a long range plane, with a sub-2000km range.  maybe it needed to stop to refuel?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16734 on: April 08, 2020, 11:28:45 am »

It's not a long range plane, with a sub-2000km range.  maybe it needed to stop to refuel?
Went to Ottawa and back
Maybe they left the stove on  ???

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: April 08, 2020, 07:30:07 pm »
You have too much time on your hands. :P
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #16736 on: April 10, 2020, 10:28:59 am »
So this morning I woke up, went to the bathroom and while sitting on the throne a squirrel launches itself from the bathtub, flies across my lap  and runs out the door.  Dunno where he went
Should I tell my wife when she wakes up?

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: April 10, 2020, 10:38:03 am »

So this morning I woke up, went to the bathroom and while sitting on the throne a squirrel launches itself from the bathtub, flies across my lap  and runs out the door.  Dunno where he went

WTF!?!? Good luck!! Those little bastards chew thru everything, so I'd be searching for it.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #16738 on: April 10, 2020, 10:43:09 am »
Good thing you were already on the throne.  :rofl2:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #16739 on: April 10, 2020, 11:00:35 am »