Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3235923 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #11780 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:33 am »
Sad when you can't think of a 2nd cd to buy to get free shipping from Amazon.
People still buy CDs. Streaming is where its at.

If you have BT capable radio and/or unlimited bandwidth use, then yea...that's where it's at.

I have neither.

The GTI has an AUX in which uses a 1/8" analog cable from headphone out of your phone/tablet/walkman. The streaming service I use (TIDAL) allows me to download up to CD quality to 3 separate devices anything they have available. Works great.

Someone signed up to Tidal?  :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #11781 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:34 am »

I missed the joke. Is it because of the owners?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #11782 on: October 02, 2015, 01:08:48 pm »

Yes (they were all pleading poverty), and the popularity.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: October 02, 2015, 01:32:19 pm »

If you have BT capable radio and/or unlimited bandwidth use, then yea...that's where it's at.

I have neither.

The GTI has an AUX in which uses a 1/8" analog cable from headphone out of your phone/tablet/walkman. The streaming service I use (TIDAL) allows me to download up to CD quality to 3 separate devices anything they have available. Works great.
You don't have BT, but you have a way to get the songs to radio.

Same thing. Great if you have it
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:52 pm »

Yes (they were all pleading poverty), and the popularity.

Well in that case.... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: I like to think they are just the money behind things and have no involvement with any business decisions...it helps me sleep at night.

I have a habit of picking companies that change after I start using them.

TIDAL - Joined as soon as they hit Canada then later on the 'rappers delight' bought them out. Sating that, its still a great service and the only one that does CD quality. Plus they don't do any dynamic compression to the music unlike the others.

Dynaudio - Great speaker company with long roots in Denmark sold to China.

BMC (bikes) - Nobody rode them when I had mine then some Ozzy named Cadel wins the TDF and all of sudden everybody has to have one. At least that phase has passed.

VW - We all know what happened there.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #11785 on: October 02, 2015, 04:45:13 pm »
Don't listen to them Wink....I'm with you technologically handicapped brother lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I still the packaging, the art and liner notes that come with cds.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #11786 on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:01 pm »
Don't listen to them Wink....I'm with you technologically handicapped brother lol

Same.  I have some vinyl but most of my music is on CD.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #11787 on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »

So what am I supposed to do with the BT Audio option I have?  Never used it before.  Guessing I would download the music, download it on my phones memory card, and it would play from my phone?  Since I don't use data on the phone...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #11788 on: October 03, 2015, 07:57:17 am »

I actually bought a movie yesterday on BD.  I rarely buy movies or watch them more than once.

A friend of mine is a classical and jazz music collector and he has purchased well over a thousand CD, SACD, DVD Audios and a few BD Audios all from estate sales in the last couple of years.  All in pristine condition and many still in the packaging.  They averaged only a couple of bucks a piece.  I was impressed!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #11789 on: October 03, 2015, 08:15:23 am »

I actually bought a movie yesterday on BD.  I rarely buy movies or watch them more than once.

A friend of mine is a classical and jazz music collector and he has purchased well over a thousand CD, SACD, DVD Audios and a few BD Audios all from estate sales in the last couple of years.  All in pristine condition and many still in the packaging.  They averaged only a couple of bucks a piece.  I was impressed!
I do not see the point of even buy disc now, they will be just like my box of 5.25 floppy disks I have , complete useless soon

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11790 on: October 03, 2015, 08:41:43 am »
So what am I supposed to do with the BT Audio option I have?  Never used it before.  Guessing I would download the music, download it on my phones memory card, and it would play from my phone?  Since I don't use data on the phone.

If all your music is on CD then rip them to your computer using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) in mp3 format. If you are d/l the music, once downloaded go to the next step.
Copy all the files to your phone's memory card.
Connect to your BT in the car.
Play using your favorite program.

That simple.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: October 03, 2015, 08:43:27 am »
I do not see the point of even buy disc now, they will be just like my box of 5.25 floppy disks I have , complete useless soon

Some people like to collect things. Nothing wrong with that. Once they die the next person can throw them all out.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:06 am »

Some people like to collect things. Nothing wrong with that. Once they die the next person can throw them all out.

No system is perfect.  As far as I know (the last time I checked), digital copies can't be played back on multiple devices.  And I like the flexibility to be to playback on multiple devices.  And different locations, like the car.  It's a little different with iTunes, but a portable blu-ray player is cheaper than an iPad. 

Didn't they say the same about DVD and Vinyl?  But they are still around?  At least with buying the Blu-ray, often there are choices of digital copies, and you can always rip the Blu-ray. 

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: October 03, 2015, 09:28:07 am »
When was the last time you checked?  Because that hasn't been the case for a long, long time.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: October 03, 2015, 09:32:40 am »
When was the last time you checked?  Because that hasn't been the case for a long, long time.

"If you select Windows Media Player format, you can transfer your movie to one computer and one Windows Media Player compatible portable device as set forth in the end user license agreement (Terms & Conditions). If you select the iTunes format, standard iTunes usage rules apply."

http://digitalcopy.go.com/faq.html

So what does that mean?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: October 03, 2015, 09:48:47 am »
If we are talking about audio files, there are no restrictions unless you are d/l from a paid streaming service. With my streaming service I can d/l to 3 separate devices which is more than enough for us. If you steal (torrent) your files, you can put it on as many devices you want. If you rip your CDs, no restrictions either.

With movies, if you bought the BD/DVD just use a ripper (many available) and you can put it on as many as you want. If you steal (torrent) same thing. If you use the d/l code I'm sure its limited to one device but those also expire so why even waste your time using it.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #11796 on: October 03, 2015, 11:25:33 am »

Makes perfect sense if collecting music is your hobby and you if you can find it at bargain prices then it's a no brainer.  He has fairly eccentric taste in music and much of what he listens to will most likely never be available on a streaming service or anywhere else for that matter.  Besides he has ripped, cataloged and archived most of it already and as it's digital it can always be transferred to the next flavour of the month format. 

The thing I find strange is that even though he has it ripped and stored he still prefers to play it back in its original disc format, but it works for him then that's all that really matters isn't it?  :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #11797 on: October 03, 2015, 12:12:42 pm »

Do you know what a pain in the ass for the person left to clean that crap up  :o
We are now scanning our old pictures , I will give a copy to the kids , then  get rid of the originals
I really do not to collect anything now as I do not want end up on one of those tv shows  :rofl2:
http://youtu.be/7KMj6oipzwc

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: October 03, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »
If we are talking about audio files, there are no restrictions unless you are d/l from a paid streaming service. With my streaming service I can d/l to 3 separate devices which is more than enough for us. If you steal (torrent) your files, you can put it on as many devices you want. If you rip your CDs, no restrictions either.

With movies, if you bought the BD/DVD just use a ripper (many available) and you can put it on as many as you want. If you steal (torrent) same thing. If you use the d/l code I'm sure its limited to one device but those also expire so why even waste your time using it.

For movies, I buy the Blu-Ray, use it on many devices.  But with the code it was only limited to one device, so I gave up once my hard drive failed.  Which is my point that no system is perfect.  You need to get the physical Blu-ray to rip it.  Which is why I think they will be around for awhile.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Tweet Thread
« Reply #11799 on: October 03, 2015, 06:44:07 pm »

Do you know what a pain in the ass for the person left to clean that crap up  :o
We are now scanning our old pictures , I will give a copy to the kids , then  get rid of the originals
I really do not to collect anything now as I do not want end up on one of those tv shows  :rofl2:
http://youtu.be/7KMj6oipzwc

One thing about printed photographs, the format doesn't go obsolete.

All digital media become obsolete over time.

You can still look at a 100 year old photo, but it's hard to find a 5.25" floppy drive these days.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.