Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3222874 times)

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10740 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »
did he rake your porch roof?  ;D

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #10741 on: February 28, 2015, 08:40:46 am »
Karlsdarwin stopped over this afternoon.  We had a couple of beers and he gave me some great advice on how to improve my HT setup.  Thanks again, Tom!

You have a very nice place there for sure and tasty beverages to boot!  Hopefully, you can make ot over to my place next week for some ht setup ideas.   :cheers:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #10742 on: February 28, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »
SirO will you still be working for the same company?

Yup. It'll be considered an internal transfer.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #10743 on: February 28, 2015, 05:59:32 pm »
SirO will you still be working for the same company?

Yup. It'll be considered an internal transfer.

The place we're going to looks within 2hrs or less from Reading. 
Raystown Lake and Rothrocks State Park.   

that area is all trees, rocks and hills (mini mountains)   

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #10744 on: March 02, 2015, 06:31:17 pm »
It seems I have a distant relative on my Facebook feed, who is a anti-vaxxer.

Is it wrong to call him an idiot, just because he is?
Mr Pickypants

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #10745 on: March 02, 2015, 06:58:43 pm »

He is stupid.....throw rocks at him!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #10746 on: March 02, 2015, 07:01:06 pm »

No it's not wrong.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10747 on: March 02, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »

Proceed.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: March 02, 2015, 08:18:34 pm »

No. In fact, it would be very right to call an idiot an idiot.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: March 02, 2015, 09:39:49 pm »

Show him this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpfNScEd3M

Jimmy Kimmel on vaccinations.  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl:

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #10750 on: March 02, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
Got back from the hospital not too long ago.  I've had some pulsating sharp pains most of the day that have come up the back of my neck and into the right side of my head.  Kind of a strange feeling but it hurt like a SOB.  After my Dad passing away last year of an aneurysm, I didn't want to fack around so I drove myself into the hospital as a precaution.    After some tests, it turns out that I suffered from a severe tension headache.  From what the Doctor said, it looks like it's stress related.  :(
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #10751 on: March 02, 2015, 10:05:48 pm »
Got back from the hospital not too long ago.  I've had some pulsating sharp pains most of the day that have come up the back of my neck and into the right side of my head.  Kind of a strange feeling but it hurt like a SOB.  After my Dad passing away last year of an aneurysm, I didn't want to fack around so I drove myself into the hospital as a precaution.    After some tests, it turns out that I suffered from a severe tension headache.  From what the Doctor said, it looks like it's stress related.  :(

Time for a vacation man.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: March 02, 2015, 11:26:49 pm »

I dunno.  I think the whole anti-vaxxer thing is blown out of proportion. Or lack of education on the topic.  I read the paper from the "anti-vaccine" Doctor from the UK.  He was not in fact "anti-vaccine".  He was only anti-vaccine for a single, multiple vaccine: MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella).  He still encouraged everyone to get vaccinations....just 3 single vaccinations instead of the triple vaccine.  The triple vaccine has some severe side effects in some people.  He coined the term "viral interference", as the 3 live virus' seems to interact in way that weren't previously anticipated once in the body.  It doesn't seem impossible IMO.  3 virus' that normally aren't together interacting in odd ways when introduced to each other and then the human body.

FWIW, Japan had a similar situation in which "viral interference" of a triple vaccine (oddly, their own version of the MMR vaccine used exclusively in Japan) caused adverse reactions, most notably meningitis.  When the vaccines were taken individually, there were no cases of meningitis.

And finally, a former employee who worked for the FDA was granted immunity and whistleblower status over the suppression of vaccine related studies....again...for a triple MMR vaccine.

I doesn't sound like the issue is vaccines in general....just live virus triple MMR vaccines for whatever reason.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #10753 on: March 03, 2015, 05:52:56 am »

That was a mistake , driving yourself , that is what happen to the sister in law , had someone drive her to the hospital, and had an attack on the way there  :'(

Glad you are OK
One thing to think about expanding, the stress will increase , have employees will not be fun
Is it better to have the one job you have now and spend more off time with your kids ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:56:16 am by airbalancer »

Northernridge

« Reply #10754 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:12 am »
We shouldn't assume work is the cause of Canuck's stress...actually we probably shouldn't speculate at all.

--

Businesses grow in phases though and in my experience the stressful parts are the times between the plateaus. Staying the same is familiar and relatively easy to manage.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10755 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:23 am »
We shouldn't assume work is the cause of Canuck's stress...actually we probably shouldn't speculate at all.

--

Businesses grow in phases though and in my experience the stressful parts are the times between the plateaus. Staying the same is familiar and relatively easy to manage.

Yeah I go to work to relax!  Whether its at the office, plowing snow, or cutting grass! 

Northernridge

« Reply #10756 on: March 03, 2015, 12:07:34 pm »

--

Yeah I go to work to relax!  Whether its at the office, plowing snow, or cutting grass!

Clearing snow and cutting grass are stressful?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #10757 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:53 pm »

--

Clearing snow and cutting grass are stressful?

I am saying the opposite, work for me is not stressful.."Whether its at the office, plowing snow, or cutting grass!"  It's at home, where things can get me going sometimes.. kids/wives, they drive you to drink!  ;D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #10758 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »

I dunno.  I think the whole anti-vaxxer thing is blown out of proportion. Or lack of education on the topic.  I read the paper from the "anti-vaccine" Doctor from the UK.  He was not in fact "anti-vaccine".  He was only anti-vaccine for a single, multiple vaccine: MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella).  He still encouraged everyone to get vaccinations....just 3 single vaccinations instead of the triple vaccine.  The triple vaccine has some severe side effects in some people.  He coined the term "viral interference", as the 3 live virus' seems to interact in way that weren't previously anticipated once in the body.  It doesn't seem impossible IMO.  3 virus' that normally aren't together interacting in odd ways when introduced to each other and then the human body.

FWIW, Japan had a similar situation in which "viral interference" of a triple vaccine (oddly, their own version of the MMR vaccine used exclusively in Japan) caused adverse reactions, most notably meningitis.  When the vaccines were taken individually, there were no cases of meningitis.

And finally, a former employee who worked for the FDA was granted immunity and whistleblower status over the suppression of vaccine related studies....again...for a triple MMR vaccine.

I doesn't sound like the issue is vaccines in general....just live virus triple MMR vaccines for whatever reason.

He fabricated data to support his theory that the MMR vaccine and autism were correlated. He had to withdraw the study after a number of other groups couldn't replicate his findings. It eventually came to light that he was working directly for a group that had launched a huge class action lawsuit against the vaccine manufacturer.

He has been barred from practising medicine and The Lancet withdrew his paper after further investigation calling it “the most appalling catalog and litany of some of the most terrible behavior in any research.” The editors of the British Medical Journal also described Wakefield’s research as an “elaborate fraud.”

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-05/how-did-discredited-study-create-us-anti-vaccine-madness

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10759 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:33 pm »

He fabricated data to support his theory that the MMR vaccine and autism were correlated. He had to withdraw the study after a number of other groups couldn't replicate his findings. It eventually came to light that he was working directly for a group that had launched a huge class action lawsuit against the vaccine manufacturer.

He has been barred from practising medicine and The Lancet withdrew his paper after further investigation calling it “the most appalling catalog and litany of some of the most terrible behavior in any research.” The editors of the British Medical Journal also described Wakefield’s research as an “elaborate fraud.”

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-05/how-did-discredited-study-create-us-anti-vaccine-madness

The problem with taking the vaccines individually is that the time required between each dose is long, leaving a child at risk for a significant amount of time.  There was no risk from the combined vaccine, he made it up.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...