Author Topic: Mrs. Mango's [ U.S. Spec] 2010 MDX Tech  (Read 14487 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: Mrs. Mango's [ U.S. Spec] 2010 MDX Tech
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »
Great SUV. It was on my list at some point, but I wish there was a model without the third row and more cargo room instead. I think it was in August or September Acura had 10k off, cash, for the base model (2011).
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 03:20:43 pm »
Nice vehicle & better deal!
Congrats,,

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 05:53:11 pm »
Great SUV. It was on my list at some point, but I wish there was a model without the third row and more cargo room instead. I think it was in August or September Acura had 10k off, cash, for the base model (2011).

You do realize those third row seats fold down perfectly flat? We will use it as if they don't exist. Really, I don't know why they bothered with that third row at all.

The floor is flat but it slopes to the back and there are gaps between the sides of the cabin and the folded seats so small stuff can fall through. Such floor is also soft for heavy cargo because of the seat cushions.
Having those seats may come handy for family trips but lots of ppl will likely never use them.
The best floor design I found in a Kia Sorento with a 2-row option. You lift up the deck and there is a huuuuge storage compartment underneath. At the same time the floor is flat and sturdy.
However MDX is an awesome overall package and it feels very luxurious inside and is said to handle well at limits. I wish it took regular gas.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 09:52:17 am »
Very nice!  Sounds like you a sweet deal too....   :cheers:
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:25 am »
Great choice!

Love the colour and the sport running boards are snazzy too, very BMW-ish. Since I'm assuming they're not really made to use (or just won't be used), do you find they stick out too far for getting in and out (pant leg dirty?) or are they just a little stylish lip that helps to keep snow build-up below the door?

The last MDX I drove felt pretty wide and secure on the road. Liked it a lot.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:37:02 am by sirAQUAMAN64 »
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

vdk

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »
Nicely done!  :thumbup:

Congrats!

Offline See3PeeO

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 04:12:13 pm »
Nice choice!  Like the colour combo, looks familiar.  No rear dvd with US spec Tech package?  Other than that looks like the same equipment as mine.  Enjoy!

baumer00

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 02:08:27 pm »
Looks great, congrats on the new vehicle.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 04:36:18 pm »
Congrats on the great deal and not a bad looking vehicle either! ;D

One thing jumped out when you started looking in the begining, Lexus was there and you ended up with the Acura. Did you ever consider the Infiniti FX 50? I'm not sure anyone does anymore, but on the weekend I saw an ad for one and had totally forgotten they were still out there.

Maybe that problem lies with Nissan in that the design isn't new anymore, but the Lexus and MDX are not that new either - just better promoted. ::)

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 03:28:55 pm »

Actually I'm lying, the GC is a sweet, sweet vehicle but the warranty doesn't transfer to Canada and I am dubious of its reliability.

Is there warranty for the Acura in Canada? I seem to recall that Honda wouldn't, but then maybe that was just for Honda and didn't apply to Acura. ???

Offline alexdc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +4/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Mazda3 Sport GS, 2.3 5 speed manual. commuter
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 11:23:07 pm »
drove one. liked it. congrats!

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2019, 11:36:07 am »
Well,

Update some 8 years later. The MDX has been trouble free and required only the required maintenance and wear items. Sitting at roughly 78,000 miles now. A hard life short commute grocery-getter and child taxi and it held together pretty well. Burning a little bit of oil from time to time - which is typical for this engine.

It was everything I had hoped for. We both really liked this SUV. I will hold onto it for the winter and decide what I'm going to do with the MDX in the spring.

Formally finalized the replacement for Mrs. Mango this morning. Will try and do a show and shine next week. Bad time of the year for pictures.

My guess, based on your visiting of a MB dealer, and the fact that is' replacing an SUV, is that her new vehicle is either a GLE or GLS.  The GLS is more like the size of the MDX, but the GLE is more comparable in price...so really it's a toss-up.  I suppose it depends on how many houses you've sold this year...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2019, 11:37:26 am »
Next week? Your balls are gonna get busted way worse than mine!!! LOL!!!

So... what's the replacement?? Audi SQ7?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2019, 11:40:09 am »
Well,

Update some 8 years later. The MDX has been trouble free and required only the required maintenance and wear items. Sitting at roughly 78,000 miles now. A hard life short commute grocery-getter and child taxi and it held together pretty well. Burning a little bit of oil from time to time - which is typical for this engine.

It was everything I had hoped for. We both really liked this SUV. I will hold onto it for the winter and decide what I'm going to do with the MDX in the spring.

Formally finalized the replacement for Mrs. Mango this morning. Will try and do a show and shine next week. Bad time of the year for pictures.

My guess, based on your visiting of a MB dealer, and the fact that is' replacing an SUV, is that her new vehicle is either a GLE or GLS.  The GLS is more like the size of the MDX, but the GLE is more comparable in price...so really it's a toss-up.  I suppose it depends on how many houses you've sold this year...

You think after the best part of a decade with a vehicle thats been flawless hes going to take a chance on some shoddy FGC??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:22 am »
Well,

You think after the best part of a decade with a vehicle thats been flawless hes going to take a chance on some shoddy FGC??

Yes.  I think they're only shoddy if you don't have the bank to pay for them and all the costs associated with them.  If you can afford them, they're great vehicles!  It's just that they're expensive to buy, and expensive to maintain.  I suppose it's the cost you have to pay to be at the cutting edge of technology.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2019, 11:44:07 am »
Aviator.  Nice choice congrats!  Looking fwd to s,how a d shine.

I'm gonna win this one..;D

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »
Sorry KD, but I won this one  ;D

Confirmed.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:42:49 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2019, 01:05:01 pm »

Confirmed.

Wait, you said GLE!  Looks like nobody won.

Sweet! Another diesel owner!  Now you too get to worry that your wife will fill it with gasoline and take out your HPFP.

That's a nice ride.  And from what I remember about Sailor's thread is that mechanically it was pretty solid.  Just a series of sensor issues.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2019, 01:07:50 pm »

Confirmed.

Sweet! Another diesel owner!  Now you too get to worry that your wife will fill it with gasoline and take out your HPFP.

That's a nice ride.  And from what I remember about Sailor's thread is that mechanically it was pretty solid.  Just a series of sensor issues.

Told you that you wouldn't be alone  :stick:   :rofl:

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2019, 01:08:48 pm »

Confirmed.

The GLE is the replacement for the ML.  Not even a replacement.  It was a slight refresh with a badge change.

Anyway, Congrats to Mrs Mango.  You're going to have to ask Sailor how his experience with an ML Bluetec went...  :rofl2:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 01:10:27 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »