Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 811865 times)

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: TV Series
« Reply #4560 on: October 16, 2023, 07:41:58 am »
We started Fall of the House of Usher.  So far, really well done.  Great acting, great set design, great writing, etc.  The whole show so far pulls you in.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-441
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #4561 on: October 16, 2023, 11:01:09 am »
really enjoying Justified into season 3 now on Prime

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #4562 on: October 16, 2023, 11:22:53 am »

Agree about the original Justified.....great show that has held up well.
Having said that we were quite disappointed with this year's reboot (Justified City Primeval) .....actually gave up after the third episode.   No chemistry between Raylan and the female lead and it just wasn't the same without Boyd.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #4563 on: October 16, 2023, 11:46:37 am »
We watched the one and only season of Wilderness on Netflix.  Mrs. BC and I both thought it was well done.  Definitely worth a watch. 
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #4564 on: October 16, 2023, 01:47:57 pm »

Having said that we were quite disappointed with this year's reboot (Justified City Primeval) .....actually gave up after the third episode.   No chemistry between Raylan and the female lead and it just wasn't the same without Boyd.
Have to agree, when the storyline turned into Raylan actually sleeping with and having a romantic relationship with that character I was really not impressed.  No offense, but that gal looked like (quote from a good friend) a bag of crushed assholes, meaning she was no where close to being attractive enough to be a believable love interest.  The bad guy was decent, but that part of the storyline I just can't get past.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4565 on: October 16, 2023, 02:24:13 pm »

Have to agree, when the storyline turned into Raylan actually sleeping with and having a romantic relationship with that character I was really not impressed.  No offense, but that gal looked like (quote from a good friend) a bag of crushed assholes, meaning she was no where close to being attractive enough to be a believable love interest.  The bad guy was decent, but that part of the storyline I just can't get past.

Oh come on, she wasn't that bad. It's actually kind of refreshing to see someone like Timothy Olyphant in an age-appropriate relationship on screen (he's 55, she's 54).

Casting Olyphant's real life daughter as his on screen daughter was definitely worse.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #4566 on: October 16, 2023, 02:40:30 pm »

Oh come on, she wasn't that bad. It's actually kind of refreshing to see someone like Timothy Olyphant in an age-appropriate relationship on screen (he's 55, she's 54).

Casting Olyphant's real life daughter as his on screen daughter was definitely worse.
Ha, age wasn't really the issue.  You don't think his love interest in the previous series Natalie Zea (who is 48) was age appropriate?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4567 on: October 16, 2023, 02:43:35 pm »

Ha, age wasn't really the issue.  You don't think his love interest in the previous series Natalie Zea (who is 48) was age appropriate?

It was, but he was also a lot younger at the beginning of that show. As actors age they tend to pair them with younger women. Besides, looks aren't everything.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: October 16, 2023, 02:47:49 pm »

It was, but he was also a lot younger at the beginning of that show. As actors age they tend to pair them with younger women. Besides, looks aren't everything.
Totally get that, and I agree, having an age appropriate love interest in a series like this makes sense.  I'm not saying that the actor they chose isn't a good actor, just that when your previous love interest wwas Natalie Zea, seeing that love interest blossom was quite a disappointment.  Makes me think old Raylan has lowered his standards quite dramatically.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: October 16, 2023, 05:37:43 pm »
Forget her looks or age, I just didn't see any chemistry or sparks between the two actors. Because of that the relationship seemed contrived.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #4570 on: October 20, 2023, 08:13:22 pm »
Sounds like a soap opera.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: October 22, 2023, 12:09:15 am »
Anyone watch the three part series for The Continental based in the John Wick universe?

Better than the Wick movies in my opinion.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: October 22, 2023, 12:36:09 pm »
Anyone watch the three part series for The Continental based in the John Wick universe?

Couldn't get into it. Started to watch the first one but lost interest part of the way through.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #4573 on: October 22, 2023, 12:40:50 pm »
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14124236/
Frasier. The first episode was funny.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #4574 on: October 22, 2023, 04:07:31 pm »

Totally get that, and I agree, having an age appropriate love interest in a series like this makes sense.  I'm not saying that the actor they chose isn't a good actor, just that when your previous love interest wwas Natalie Zea, seeing that love interest blossom was quite a disappointment.  Makes me think old Raylan has lowered his standards quite dramatically.

I watched all of season 3. I agree it was not the best. It was over the top. Also the relationship with the lawyer seemed out of sorts. But for poster who said the series is not the same without Boyd, fear not. And the end of this series Boyd resurfaced and was no doubt a nod that he will be back if another season gets made.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

beters

« Reply #4575 on: October 23, 2023, 05:34:05 pm »

I haven't watched the series yet, but I'm going to. I like the John Wick movies (though the last one was the wort in my opinion), so I hope the series will also be good.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #4576 on: October 23, 2023, 07:08:57 pm »
Has anyone watched the Mr. Dressup doc on Prime?  I'm not a subscriber, but hope to see it at some point.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline erich

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-125
    • View Profile
  • Cars: current: 2023 Genesis G70 2.0t,2019 Infiniti QX50, previous:2017 Subaru Legacy, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T, 2010 Subaru Forrester, 2004 Honda Civic, 2000 SAAB 9-3, 2000 Dodge Caravan, 2000 VW Golf, 1996 Suzuki Baleno, 1990 Subary Justy 1.0GL
« Reply #4577 on: October 25, 2023, 04:58:39 pm »
Just finished Bodies on Netflix
If you like time travel, we can meet and talk about it last Tuesday

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12418
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #4578 on: October 25, 2023, 05:45:05 pm »
Just finished Bodies on Netflix
If you like time travel, we can meet and talk about it last Tuesday

:rofl2:  It got a bit convoluted at times, but well done overall.  Enjoyed it.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12418
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #4579 on: October 25, 2023, 06:07:36 pm »

Couldn't get into it. Started to watch the first one but lost interest part of the way through.

Agreed.  Okay at best.  I found the endlessly "dark" settings to get a bit tiresome - like it's always night time, and raining, and even the daytime scenes were visually dismal.  They took the whole moody "Gotham" atmosphere to new levels of cliché.