Author Topic: (Re) Leased a Civic  (Read 1527 times)

Offline vaff3

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Accord, 2001 Acura MDX
(Re) Leased a Civic
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:03:11 am »
Went back to Honda and leased a 2012 Civic LX/ 5 spd.  I was leasing a '08, but got a good deal on the '12 and took it.  Took mine in on trade; it was going to need a windshield and a new set of winter tires.  Seems dumb to trade in a car because of a windshield; but the rates were too good to pass up:  because I was a current financing customer, got a four year lease for 0.9%; they tinted the windows and threw in winter tires and I am paying the same lease as I was paying on the '08.  No haggling, no beat downs.   I'm also stepping down a level going into a LX instead of a EX.  Head room was compromised with the sun roof, and was nervous about having alloys when my kids will be learning to drive in this car.  The steel wheels may come in handy after all  ;)

I had 0 problems with my '08, but it was hard to see that I would get a better deal by waiting. Neither of these are "keepers" for me, but it allows me to drive a new car with full warranty with a fixed budget cost; hopefully my MDX will hold up another four years as well.

There are so many good cars in this segment, but I stayed with Honda because they've been a good brand for me, we have a good dealer, and I could not have gotten a better rate moving across to a Ford Focus or Hyundai Elantra, which would have been the other cars I considered because they have a local dealer in our town.

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
Re: (Re) Leased a Civic
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:29 am »
Congratulations! It hard to beat a Civic for a quality daily driver. Also nice that Honda finally has some competition and now has to deal to sell its cars!
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 02:53:20 am »
 :ttiwwp:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 03:33:02 am »
Good move!

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:26:44 am »
we have a good dealer

You've been dealing with Lloydminster Honda?  You had a good sales experience?  I haven't yet except for the parts department, which they are very helpful.

Congrats on the new Civic.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 09:55:13 am »
Congrats on the new Civic. 

Offline vaff3

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Accord, 2001 Acura MDX
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:32:25 pm »
Thanks.  Yes, I got it at Lloydminster Honda.  Sorry, no pics; computer crashed.  Thought I was disappointed with the mileage, as the ads are touting 5L/100km and I was getting low 7's on the highway; however that calculates to 41 mpg averaging 120 kph, so better than I thought.  In my '08 I got 42 in the same conditions, so I figure I should get 45 ish once it's broken in.

That being said, by buddy claims his A4 with the 8spd tranny gets the same mileage >:(

Biggest complaint is the seats.  Just don't seem to fit me.  I hope that changes (somehow).  If not, it could be a long four years...

Biggest wish was for a 6spd; if you are going for mileage instead of performance/fun, then do it right, Honda.

The have changed the position of the emergency brake for those who drove/owned the previous generation.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »

That being said, by buddy claims his A4 with the 8spd tranny gets the same mileage >:(

I get mid 5s on the highway with my Audi TT (1.8 turbo).
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 01:43:31 am »
Thanks.  Yes, I got it at Lloydminster Honda.  Sorry, no pics; computer crashed.  Thought I was disappointed with the mileage, as the ads are touting 5L/100km and I was getting low 7's on the highway; however that calculates to 41 mpg averaging 120 kph, so better than I thought.  In my '08 I got 42 in the same conditions, so I figure I should get 45 ish once it's broken in.

Biggest complaint is the seats.  Just don't seem to fit me.  I hope that changes (somehow).  If not, it could be a long four years...

Biggest wish was for a 6spd; if you are going for mileage instead of performance/fun, then do it right, Honda.

The have changed the position of the emergency brake for those who drove/owned the previous generation.

At 120 km/h I can get 7.2 L / 100 km from my Acura TL. Our Corolla is almost the same at 7.1.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:30 am »

At 120 km/h I can get 7.2 L / 100 km from my Acura TL. Our Corolla is almost the same at 7.1.

You Corolla must be running like a turd.  I was in the 5s on a loaner one a couple of years back....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 07:11:54 am »

You Corolla must be running like a turd.  I was in the 5s on a loaner one a couple of years back....
is there any hills in sw Ontario go screw up your mileage?