Author Topic: Spy look at '12 Toyota Camry  (Read 20171 times)

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
Re: Spy look at '12 Toyota Camry
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »
I just checked out this thread.

Looks like a bigger Corolla.   ???

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57:12 pm »

And a 5 Series looks like a bigger 3 Series.  And a 7 Series looks like both too. 

Lots of car manufacturers keep a strong family resemblance.  This isn't unique to Toyota.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »

And a 5 Series looks like a bigger 3 Series.  And a 7 Series looks like both too. 

Lots of car manufacturers keep a strong family resemblance.  This isn't unique to Toyota.

The new 7 series came out before the new 5 series, which came out before the new 3 series (to be unveiled this fall).

I was not criticizing the Camry's looks.  I was just surprised that the refreshed model would want to look like a bigger version of a less-expensive sibling. 

I think it looks fine.

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:18 pm »

I'm not disappointed with it... it seems to be good where it should be. But not outstanding which is what the Sonata and Optima were compared to their predecessors. Now the trick will be what Ford comes up with for the Fusion/Mondeo.

But I'm not sure how well the styling of the current Sonata and Optima will age....

Whenever I see the Sonata/Optima, I am reminded of the 1957 Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge. The styling is not to my liking, I feel it is overdone. But then again, I am old and stodgy. I like conservative styling as it tends to age well, I tend to keep my cars a long time.
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.