Author Topic: Feature: Top ten vehicles for a road trip  (Read 13059 times)

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
Re: Feature: Top ten vehicles for a road trip
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »
The i40 is a nice-looking vehicle. Not a stretch to see it as a Venza competitor. Hmmm.
I used to work here.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 12:09:54 am »
fearandloathing.jpg

What's in the suitcase is a whole different thread.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 01:33:29 am »
I had the most fun in the RX-8 as a long distance traveler, gas/oil usage aside, the ride was comfortable, and fun on any highway, especially in the Rockies.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:15 am »
fearandloathing.jpg

What's in the suitcase is a whole different thread.

Yes, and an attorney to manage the transgressions is good.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:54 am »
This is what ya need.

Covers all the bases:

convertible
big trunk that you can lock away your stuff (major issue when roading)
super smooth
large enough to bash your way thru anything type of civil disorder.
"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 miles an hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non- biodegradable Styrofoam containers! And when I'm done suckin' down those grease ball burgers I'm gonna wipe my mouth on the American flag and then toss the Styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a God-damned thing anybody can do about it. You know why? Because we got the bombs, that's why!"

:rofl:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 11:24:44 am »
Mr T is channeling Hunter Thompson and PJ O'Rourke.......or else wifey has put some "speed" in his RICER KRISPIES..................ROUTE 66 it's the way to the WEST..it's the BEST...and all the REST are PIKERS...... ;D :rofl: :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »
You da man MrT    Can I have mine in Pimp blue please.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:36 pm »
You da man MrT    Can I have mine in Pimp blue please.
Naw, I'm an a$$hole. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:34 pm »
This is what ya need.

Covers all the bases:

convertible
big trunk that you can lock away your stuff (major issue when roading)
super smooth
large enough to bash your way thru anything type of civil disorder.
"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 miles an hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non- biodegradable Styrofoam containers! And when I'm done suckin' down those grease ball burgers I'm gonna wipe my mouth on the American flag and then toss the Styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a God-damned thing anybody can do about it. You know why? Because we got the bombs, that's why!"

:rofl:
That song still makes me laugh....   :rofl:
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 03:54:22 pm »
Have any of you who think you have to have a monster vehicle for comfortable cruising ever driven any of these 8 cars?  You might be surprised.  Smaller vehicles are not neccessarily penalty boxes any more.  My Golf wagon, one of the chosen 8, is by far more comfortable than many larger vehicles I've driven.  I'm 6'3" tall and 63 years old and it's the first car I have ever gotten out of after a 1,300 km drive to my daughter's that I don't feel exhausted.  It's also very quiet on the highway at above posted speeds and handles very well with no wandering or floating.  Cheers!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »
 ??? ::) how many pints didya have on the journey...... :P.....j'k... :think: :nono: :surrend:...... :iagree:..some of those BIG FLOATERS induce road (BOAT?) sickness..................... ;).............
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:47:47 pm by safristi »

Offline bluelines

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 04:13:07 pm »
I guess my idea of a road trip is quite different. The last thing I want is a dull-as-ditchwater family hatchback / wagon / sedan. I'm renting a BMW M3 for my upcoming trip to the UK.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »
I guess my idea of a road trip is quite different. The last thing I want is a dull-as-ditchwater family hatchback / wagon / sedan. I'm renting a BMW M3 for my upcoming trip to the UK.
...SMILE   ... You are ON CAMDEN CAMERA.................they have those lil buggers everywhere now ..prolly even in the M3 rental... :rofl: :'( :popo:......so enjoy the traffic lights drag to 50MPH...You wish.....prolly 15mph tops.............yeah someone pissed in my Whisky onna rocks tonite.... ;)...Head for the Highlands  ya can have fun there onna twistys at 100KPH....don't "bugger" up too many sheep...some may be my relatives... 8) :o