Author Topic: Feature: Top ten vehicles to take to the cottage  (Read 5399 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Feature: Top ten vehicles to take to the cottage
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:18 pm »
If I had a cottage, I am going to assume it's a pretty civilized place.  Maybe no fancy stuff, but I figure that most of the time, most everything I need save from some groceries, is there.

So, for me, I figure the best way to get there would be in a Cayman S.

Yeah, our cottage can easily be accessed by a lowered 911.
However in the winter you usually need AWD to get up the driveway.
Mr Pickypants

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 03:07:04 pm »
..The best cottage is a friends cottage...and we ain't tawkin' the Cotswolds here...more like the Griswolds :think: :nono:....
 the vehicles should be 4 Boats of all sizes and speeds...coupla sailing thingies a sea doo or 3 and beer holding flotation devices.............how ya get there who gives a ***K..................party on Garth....stop of for burgers at U know where(Webers twin carbs :D) as the traffic North of Barrie slows to a crawl...................then unwind with a SUNDOWNER ;) :cheers:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »
I think I prefer taking these to the cottage more than a minivan.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »
In a place where a cottage is a cottage and not a second house. No power, TV, Internet, cell service, sewer, water, or anything to distract from having fun

other than built in propane.  :)

Mommy made us do it, she wanted a fridge....then it expanded to stove and lighting  :)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »
Hey Peter, I think there is a typo when referring to the Toyota 4Runner, "so if a no-apologies utilitarian rig that’ll tow 5,000 kg is what you’re after, the 4Runner certainly has its charms." According to that statement, it tows more than the "Work Truck"  Ram 1500 Laramie 4×4 Crew Cab with the stupid chrome mirrors, on a "Work Truck".  Toyota wishes a 4.0L V6 could tow more than that aging 5.7L Hemi.  But 5000lbs is still pretty good, for that engine, and fuel economy.  Nice feature, didn't see any Hyundai's, darn  ::)