Author Topic: staffing Question for management type people  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
Re: staffing Question for management type people
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:38 am »
I would keep the one that is best for the company.  It may be that the prickly one is an ass, or it may be that he/she is implementing change and the dead wood don't like it.

I have seen that before!!  The "dead wood" may be the lazy ones, and sometimes the prickly ones tear it up and make the dead woods look bad.  So obviously, Mr. Prickly has a big target on his a$$.  Ask me how I know...:)

So many people in the world or business and work are petrified of change.  I see it all the time too.  Adapt or get replaced.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:42:05 am »
I would keep the one that is best for the company.  It may be that the prickly one is an ass, or it may be that he/she is implementing change and the dead wood don't like it.

I have seen that before!!  The "dead wood" may be the lazy ones, and sometimes the prickly ones tear it up and make the dead woods look bad.  So obviously, Mr. Prickly has a big target on his a$$.  Ask me how I know...:)

Maybe they can smell the cigar smoke and don't like it?  :rofl2:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 12:12:16 pm »
so Bob has "hang ups" just messing with yer closet man........ ;)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:15 pm »

So many people in the world or business and work are petrified of change.  I see it all the time too.  Adapt or get replaced.

Yes, change is good.  That's why the 'new Coke' was such a marketing success.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »
..funny how it's always the other person that is the ARSEHOLE.......... :rofl:

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

Yes, change is good.  That's why the 'new Coke' was such a marketing success.

That's a product, not a working environment.  I bet Coke has changed their market position, strategy and office environment several times over the years to stay relevant.  Look at the success of Coke Zero.  BTW - if we drank to original coke....we'd all be higher then Charlie Sheen  ;)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »
Tab Clear is where it's at.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline aaronk

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +45/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
Depends on the work environment, is it an office? If these people have to work as part of a team their attitude is often more important than anything - a sour attitude can ruin productivity not just for one but for many. If they are working solo, it doesn't really matter. If the person is a prick, that's up to them to deal with because they work alone.

Assuming it is a social, team-based office environment, the one with the people skills stays. Hands-on skill and knowledge can be taught, but a good attitude is often innate and very difficult to teach. A bad attitude in an office environment is like a drop of black in a pail of white paint - it spreads and taints the whole batch.