Author Topic: Carpet Stair Treads, Canadian Sources?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
Carpet Stair Treads, Canadian Sources?
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:02:17 am »
We are just finishing some hardwood floors, including a staircase, with a landing part way.

Rather than do the full runner thing, we were thinking of individual carpet stair treads, and hopefully one for the 4'x4' landing.  Anyone have ideas for Canadian sources for this type of product?  I am guessing the landing pad will need to be custom made, but the actual tread pieces should be a stock item.

This gives you an idea of what we are looking for, except I would prefer a Canadian source:  http://rugdepot.com/Stair_treads_vendor.php?vi=100002

Thanks, Tman
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Carpet Stair Treads, Canadian Sources?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:06:55 am »
I saw some sandpaper strip things that are self adhesive.  They come in a loooong roll.  In different colours.  You stick them on slippery surfaces.  The colour I saw was brown, and it was hard to tell they were on the wooden stairs.  I THINK it was a 3M product.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:03:40 am »
go to a local carpet place
They can make it for you, just find a place that do their own binding

How are they attach to to the stairs, it appears they just seat there on a rubber pad

With kids running up and down I think they would move

My mom had put down a rubber pad down in her bedroom, and  once she lifted it up, it screwed up a section of her floor

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:33:14 am »
Thanks,

The sandpaper strip things won't fly with my wife , or kids, as they tend to go barefoot.

AB, good idea, I will check in Kamloops to see if anyone does that.  I understand they are attached with double sided tape, or some of the ready to use ones have a sticky backing, so its just peel and stick.  You are quite right that just a rubber pad would not work, even the cats would have those at the bottom of the stairs in no time.