Author Topic: Best car you have seen out and about?  (Read 9303 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Best car you have seen out and about?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 04:16:57 pm »
I'm not really counting Muscle Cars  here, either.  Winnipeg is a blue collar town with a large cruise night culture, so beautifully restored and modified muscle cars are everywhere. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 04:27:10 pm »
.. ::) Geez saw an Audi 8 going the other way. ::).......Hope the Winnipegs CHICKS make up for that shortfall of EYE CANDY..... :stick: :pimp: :bounce: :run:....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 04:42:30 pm »
I'm not really counting Muscle Cars  here, either.  Winnipeg is a blue collar town with a large cruise night culture, so beautifully restored and modified muscle cars are everywhere. 

I guess the R8 took your attention away from the tall buildings for a moment?  ;) ;) :rofl:
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »
.. ::) Geez saw an Audi 8 going the other way. ::).......Hope the Winnipegs CHICKS make up for that shortfall of EYE CANDY..... :stick: :pimp: :bounce: :run:....

They do, they do.  And in the summer they over compensate for the parkas they have to wear in the winter.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

I guess the R8 took your attention away from the tall buildings for a moment?  ;) ;) :rofl:

Jesus, the Golden Horseshoe is just one big, never ending city.  It's just CRAZY. 

In Winnipeg, we have active, functional farmland WITHIN CITY LIMITS.  Thousands of Acres of it, actually.  And once you get out of the city, it's nothing but farmland and empty wilds until you hit Regina.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 04:47:44 pm »

They do, they do.  And in the summer they over compensate for the parkas they have to wear in the winter.

:ttiwwp:
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »

:ttiwwp:

It's winter right now.  Girls are still in Parkas.  Still at least 6 monthes before mini-skirt and tube top season begins

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 05:58:05 pm »
..Those Mos COW girls jest Roth my world.............. ;)

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »
Out of all the cars you have seen DRIVING (i.e. not parked up) which one would you most want to own?

??? What difference does it make...driving or parked?

Driving: Ferrari 365 GTB Daytona in Montreal, Ferrari F40 on the A8 to Salzburg and in Kitzbuhl, one fast Porsche on the A3 to Cologne.
Parked: McLaren F1

If I had a chance to own some cars, I'd own many interesting examples...Ferrari 250 GTO, Porsche 917 short tail...just to name two.

While waiting for my letter to come up at the Eurotunnel. There were two other McLaren F1s parked in the row behind this one. There are no poor people in the UK...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:19:58 pm by No H2O »
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »
Out of all the cars you have seen DRIVING (i.e. not parked up) which one would you most want to own?

??? What difference does it make...driving or parked?

Because it's easy to see nice cars parked up, just go down to the local Ferrari dealer.  Seeing an exotic at anywhere near full throttle is much more of a thrill than seeing one parked up.  Don't get in a huff just because your fave pic is in a car park!  :P ;D

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 07:24:22 pm »
Because it's easy to see nice cars parked up...

Well I'll be just as happy to see a 917 short tail parked, because I and I am sure most, have not seen one in the flesh unless we were lucky enough to be at LeMans (Le Monz  ;D) back in the early 70s.

I plan to visit the new Porsche museum this summer where I'll get that chance to see it...at least parked.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »

I plan to visit the new Porsche museum this summer where I'll get that chance to see it...at least parked.

No need.  Just go here.  I've been.  It's AWESOME!!!

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Porsche_Rennsport_Reunion_IV
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:49 pm »

OMG, are those file photos or were they taken at that event? Talk about getting a bone!

I'll be passing by Stuttgart as I do every year, so I might as well go. Maybe even the MB museum which I heard is unbeatable.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:14 pm »

OMG, are those file photos or were they taken at that event? Talk about getting a bone!

I'll be passing by Stuttgart as I do every year, so I might as well go. Maybe even the MB museum which I heard is unbeatable.

No, these cars are at the event.  But even better they are racing around a track, not sitting in some static display.  It's a must see.  Airfare is cheap.  The top of the line 3 day ticket with meals was only $250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEg3uB7VjcI&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9NWNYSPqiA&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy0Izu00Tzs&feature=related

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 08:14:36 pm »
It's a must see.  Airfare is cheap.  The top of the line 3 day ticket with meals was only $250.

OK...details please! Web site?

Is this a Porsche only event? Is it affiliated with any other event?

I'm retiring early and this might be a nice treat. Where do you fly into; LAX or SF. Do you rent a car to get down? And where do you end up staying?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »

Oooh nice!!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 09:06:47 pm »
It's a must see.  Airfare is cheap.  The top of the line 3 day ticket with meals was only $250.

OK...details please! Web site?

Is this a Porsche only event? Is it affiliated with any other event?

I'm retiring early and this might be a nice treat. Where do you fly into; LAX or SF. Do you rent a car to get down? And where do you end up staying?

There's a bed and breakfast we stayed last time.  I'll have to look for the name.  The track is Laguna Seca. FWIW, you cannot believe how large the dip in the course is at the Corksrew!!   Sure you could rent a car from the airport depending how far you wanted to drive.  LAX is quite a decent haul though.  San Jose airport is about 1.5 hours away and is the best bet IMO.  Monterey Air field is close..not sure who or what flies into there. 

The event is the RennSport reunion. 

And I already posted a link for you..just click on "availability" for tickets

**EDIT**  If you are part of some Porsche forum (Rennlist??) you may be able to get a break on hotels and such with a "group discount" as I'm sure many from Rennlist will be there.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:14:57 pm by rrocket »