Author Topic: Unbelievable! (....Not)  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Unbelievable! (....Not)
« on: March 07, 2011, 08:13:45 pm »
This morning when I was parking my car in the Park 'N Ride lot on the way to catching the train, I noticed that there were a lot of cars very awkwardly parked, mainly because the demarcations for the spots were obliterated by a thick coat of ice and snow.  By "awkward" I mean that a lot of cars were parked not even close to parallel to one another and for the most part they weren't even in a straight line.  It was a big messy hodgepodge of cars and trucks.  My spidey sense tingling, I chose to park my car in the back corner of the parking lot where the lines were more or less visible and where the cars were more or less parked with some type of order.  I was worried that I would be boxed in by some oblivious latecomer.

Well, guess what?  At the end of the day I'm walking across the lot to pick up my car and there's a large crowd of people milling about in the distant end of the parking lot, approximately where my car is parked.  A busy day at work had made me forget about my parking fears from earlier in the day. so fearing that there'd been a serious accident and wanting to render medical aid, I hurried over to the commotion only to discover that the large crowd of people were 10 or 12 unlucky souls whose cars had been (you guessed it!) boxed in my mouth-breathing latecomers to the parking lot.  Not only were *they* boxed in, but at least 10 other cars...at least 20 in total were so affected.  I mean, come off it!!!!  Who in their right mind (of course that's the key) would park nose to tail to a car that was already parked nose to tail to another one??  Maybe they parked between the lines, and felt that *they* were in the right?  More likely they were in a panic, worried about missing their bus or train and forgot to put both their brains and social conscience in gear.

Just sharing!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable! (....Not)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:07 pm »
I would have got the side cutters out and cut 2 of their valve stems off...just because.

a$$hats...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »
There was some parking FAIL at work today too, I have the photo on my desktop at work though not here.  Pretty funny stuff when it snows people lose their brain.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12397
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:40:03 pm »
People can be so unbelievably stupid and thoughtless.  Ugh.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:32 pm »
People lose thier Shite when it comes to those lots, it is like they revert to 'everybody for themselves'.  A great spectator sport is watching all the GO Train passengers sprint to thier cars once the train arrives at the station.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:54:52 am »
I've seen that happen before as well.  It was at a shopping center here in Ottawa a few years ago after a snow.  Exact same thing, 3 rows of cars end to end.  It's like people completely forget how to park when just a little bit of snow covers the lines.  Some people are just clueless!  ::)
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Tada

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12397
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:40:09 am »
^^^ Morons.

Jaeger

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:38:49 am »
Another reason to drive a banged up 4*4 truck. Just cozy the bumper up to the car and push it out of the way...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:31 pm »
Tada
OMG!  You've got me beat!  Holy Cr@p!!!!!!!

Now nobody has to say:   :ttiwwp:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:31:24 pm »
I was parallel parked on a street and was the last car, so there was no spot behind me.  When I arrived, I was the only one parked there.  When I came back, the moron in front of me was about 1" from my front bumper, but an even larger moron parked illegally behind me, about the same distance away.  Cripes.  Luckily for me, I was driving the Forester and the jackass behind me was driving an old MR2, so I got out...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 10:18:58 pm »
Luckily for me, I was driving the Forester and the jackass behind me was driving an old MR2, so I got out...

Ah, yes.  The old 'Montreal Method.'  I know it well, having parked on streets and been unjustly hemmed in (I was younger when I lived there).  Seems like everyone had scraped bumpers in those days...  ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 12:02:58 am »
Luckily for me, I was driving the Forester and the jackass behind me was driving an old MR2, so I got out...

Ah, yes.  The old 'Montreal Method.'  I know it well, having parked on streets and been unjustly hemmed in (I was younger when I lived there).  Seems like everyone had scraped bumpers in those days...  ;D

You should live in Ireland then! Bumpers = parking assist.  Bump! Bump! Bump! I'm in!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:41 am »

In those days?  Been there lately?  Little has changed  ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:22 am »

[/quote]Bridge

[/quote]...............

How do you like your bumpers treated now................... :shuffle: :hide:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »
In those days?  Been there lately?  Little has changed  ;D

Oh, excellent.   ;D

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 12:12:43 pm »
How do you like your bumpers treated now................... :shuffle: :hide:

:rofl:

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »

You should live in Ireland then! Bumpers = parking assist.  Bump! Bump! Bump! I'm in!

That's why I miss those older rubber bumpers.  Not that I seek out to damage other cars but there are times when you need to use your bumpers for what their name implies:  bumping.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 02:13:26 pm »
And you're surprised?

They park as bad as they drive. Remember, a large percent of the human race aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Just look at our leaders.  ;)
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline Wheelboy

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +1/-1
  • Can party with the best.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Mercedes-Benz C-350
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 04:43:48 pm »
For parking emergencies like this you need to carry a 3' piece of 2x6 in the trunk, carpeted on one side.  Have two short ropes with large knots on the end connected to the board.  The ropes get trapped by your trunk lid.  I'd sure y'all can figure out the rest.
Dopelar Effect - "The tendency of stupid people to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly."