Author Topic: What do you do on a Friday night?  (Read 7636 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: What do you do on a Friday night?
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »
I thought you were a cougar and only dated the young ones?   :rofl2:

Where have I ever said that? 

Offline saint_satan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »
Friday nights usually involve wine or a gin and tonic.  And not just one glass.  Being a “family guy” I just kind of chill.

Thinking back to my teens and 20’s, Friday night was a big deal.  My father and my uncle both have cottages on the same lake near Bancroft.  I would leave the city for the cottage as fast as I could.  It was a 3 hour drive but I’d stop for Wendy’s in Port Perry and at the Beer Store in Havelock.  I can still remember my uncle, every weekend, sitting on the deck waiting for me to show up (about 7:00 p.m.) with a cold beer ready to go.  We’d have 2-3 and take a cruise in his pontoon boat around the lake.  My family being from “the Rock”, the guitars and fiddles would break out after dark and go to midnight.  You’d have to shut it down right after midnight because at 5:30 it was time to get up and go bass fishing with my cousin. I did that every weekend in the summer from when I got my licence until I finished grad school.

Of course, those weekends are few and far between now.  When did life get so busy?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:19 pm »
I thought you were a cougar and only dated the young ones?   :rofl2:

Where have I ever said that? 

Just figured you were to young and vibrant to hang around the older folks..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »

My age and a bit older is good.  If you're short, though... OUT.  Aggressive Small Man Syndrome just isn't my thing.   :)

vdk

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:03 pm »
Thanks for sharing all :)

I often have doubts, thanks to my somewhat socially conservative upbringing, that I'm not really getting out and enjoying life properly. I'm still convinced that is the case owing to my lack of a dating life. That may be geographical in nature as well. Aside from the university there aren't very many young people in Hamilton. That's another story :)

BTW: I was taught cursive writing in grade 2-4 and I can write cursively and properly if I need to. I have rare need for it but I do write a very messy cursive while taking notes when I attend courses or back when I was in university. It's difficult to read (even for me sometimes) but it's significantly faster than printing it out which is apparently what people do now. Not sure how they survive university...

???  There are tons of young people in hamilton.

Yes.. very drunk young people!  :rofl2:

Nightlife in Hamilton = :sleep:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:13 am »
..MY Sharia Amour..........pretty lil eyes...that's all i'd adore........ :-* :-* :-*
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Leviathan

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

My age and a bit older is good.  If you're short, though... OUT.  Aggressive Small Man Syndrome just isn't my thing.   :)
:o  :brkhrt: Are you messing around on me???!  :rofl2:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:24:14 pm by Leviathan »

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 02:43:31 pm »
:o  :brkhrt: Are you messing around on me???!  :rofl2:

Not successfully.   :rofl2:

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »
Maybe ask for a Singles Folder to be added to this forum.  :rofl:
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 09:06:41 pm »
My Friday nights are

Work until late and then come home to totally veg. out.    (I work a lot of hours)

Ice and Fire, although I married young, I think I can imagine what you're saying.  Once you're past a certain age and most of your friends have married and are with someone and/or have kids, it seems like it can be quite hard for the single person to remain very socially active...   

I think it will come.  I know you were looking for hobbies on an earlier thread.  Keep looking and exploring things to make your life more fulfilling.

You know the expression, "If you're not looking for it, it arrives"  (or something like that)?  In my 40 years on earth so far, I've found that to be very true.  Look to build a fulfilling life as a single person, and poof!, the girl will magically appear when you're not expecting it.

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:45 pm »
Look to build a fulfilling life as a single person, and poof!, the girl will magically appear when you're not expecting it.

This explains my problem. Damn girls keep appearing. ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »
Look to build a fulfilling life as a single person, and poof!, the girl will magically appear when you're not expecting it.

:ttiwwp:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 12:57:01 am »
My Friday nights are

Work until late and then come home to totally veg. out.    (I work a lot of hours)

Ice and Fire, although I married young, I think I can imagine what you're saying.  Once you're past a certain age and most of your friends have married and are with someone and/or have kids, it seems like it can be quite hard for the single person to remain very socially active...   

I think it will come.  I know you were looking for hobbies on an earlier thread.  Keep looking and exploring things to make your life more fulfilling.

You know the expression, "If you're not looking for it, it arrives"  (or something like that)?  In my 40 years on earth so far, I've found that to be very true.  Look to build a fulfilling life as a single person, and poof!, the girl will magically appear when you're not expecting it.
I hope you're right.... I've heard the advice before. I've tried it without much success. It's just that I've been waiting a long time... When your friends list on Facebook reaches over the 3/4ths married (it's admittedly not a big list) level things do tend to start feeling bleak.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 01:19:58 am »
My Friday nights are

I hope you're right.... I've heard the advice before. I've tried it without much success. It's just that I've been waiting a long time... When your friends list on Facebook reaches over the 3/4ths married (it's admittedly not a big list) level things do tend to start feeling bleak.

Are you scary to look at or something?  ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 08:59:20 am »

Half a man cake is better than none..and U can Lick the icingoff and eat IT.................. :-*

Leviathan

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:54 pm »

:ttiwwp:

Offline mwqa

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Suzuki SX4
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
Bah - lots of us are single. :)

Like me. The girlfiend has moved on. Moved out last week. This week she's on vacation in Mexico.

Hey, Brig! I'm tall! ... but I have a small camera.  :D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »
Eat chips, drink beer, watch transformers, and dream of muscle cars.

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:26 am »
Hey, Brig! I'm tall! ... but I have a small camera.  :D

Easy there, Ricoh Suave.  :rofl2:

CatsEye68

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »
Up to about 10 years ago Friday was the night a crew of us from the office would go to our favorite watering hole and unwind, then a few of us would have dinner and the night could go long. As I got into my 40s that got tiresome so more often than not I am at home on Fridays now. Recently the routine is to catch whatever early-evening basketball or baseball game is on the tube, then watch Blue Bloods on CBS with a scotch in hand. Makes for a nice relaxant before turning in.