Author Topic: What do you do on a Friday night?  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
What do you do on a Friday night?
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:11:33 pm »
It's Friday night. I'm bored... nothing is going on. So... here I am!

Recently my Friday nights were called lame... this was after going out for sushi and later coffee with a bunch of friends and then hanging out with a buddy to play a couple of rounds of some video games before heading home. I thought I was doing pretty well. But it's apparently lame or I'm old or something.

So I'll compare my lameness with others. What's your Friday night like... typically? :)

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
Re: What do you do on a Friday night?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:25 pm »
Taught my 5 year old how to write few cursive letters for the first time.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:04:29 pm »
The vast majority of Friday nights I just spend time with my wife and daughter.  My wife is 8 months pregnant right now so she goes to bed pretty early.  My daughter and I will just stay up and play games or read books.  Tonight however I went and had a beer with a buddy at a local English pub. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »
Dinner, kids to bed, Jameson time. hic.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:18:15 pm »
Watched Men In Black for the first time with my 7 year old son...discussed things like "Do you believe in aliens?"...."Are you going to travel to Mars?"  Gosh...kids are cool...I'm gonna miss him when he grows up like everyone else and bails.  Ya...growing older can suck...but it does have it's advantages...I'd better grab 'em while I can.

That...and I thought about what cars I'd get if I had a gazillion dollars.  Oh wait...you said Friday...I do that every day!  Today it's a 2011 Charger R/T AWD added to the collection...3 coat red on red leather.  Cue the Saf man...

Offline Dexer

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-167
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 12:32:00 am »
Fortunately, there is a HUGE difference for me between Friday nights in March and Friday nights in July.

On a warm summer night in July, I have a convertible to keep me company and I can always find something to do.

But it ain't July...and my Friday nights in mid winter are quiet to say the least.

There's always the possibility of a drunk call from an ex-girlfriend but that usually doesn't happen until after midnight :). Frankly, this time of year is why I have that big TV. I just watched a couple of episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE on Blu-ray (season three was just released) and then I watched THE MALTESE FALCON (also on BD...nice sale at HMV). That's fairly typical for this time of year. But it's really not as bad as it sounds. I know for some of the more "party oriented" folks, it might sound deadly dull. I don't drink and my days of living like a teenager ended when I stopped being a teenager. I actually enjoy catching up on old TV and old movies. I do admit, though, I'm looking forward to digging out my Triumph and getting out.

That's what I like about living in a place that has 4 seasons: you never stay in a rut for very long. In the winter, it gets dark early, the cars is blocked by a four foot tall snow drift, and it's too cold to open the door. Staying in with a movie on a Friday night isn't so hard to do. By July, it will still be fairly bright out even near 11:00PM and I'll be driving with the top down trying to generate cool breeze for myself and (with some luck) a pretty girl sitting next to me.

Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 12:33:59 am »
About to crack a beer, don the 3D glasses and watch Saw 3D  ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 12:57:50 am »
Tonight, spent some time with the little ones, got them to bed, watched Due Date with my lovely, and that's about it. Pretty typical Friday.  Once in while we get a sitter and go out with friends, or have people over who also have kids, but nothing very exciting, which is fine with me.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 01:41:44 am »
Work. Catch up on paper work, then meetings with clients (in restaurants / pubs), or braining storming with business partners, over food and alcohol.

Saturday is hockey /movie.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 03:10:05 am »
Catch up on some work, go out for food & a beer, relax at a friend's place to catch up, or head out downtown to the clubs. Ah, the life of a University student.  ;D

vdk

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 12:15:58 pm »

I think I've met 4 people in my whole life who could write cursive. It's a bit of a lost art. :thumbup:

Fridays.. bar!!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »
..NONE of yer GD business.......................OK ..i watch Spitzer & whomever  on Tee Vee.... wif a 6 pack and abs to match... ;) ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 02:47:31 pm »
Friday is usually pub night.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 02:53:53 pm »
Friday is usually pub night.
................... ??? ::)................

Offline mwqa

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Suzuki SX4
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 06:48:00 pm »
Typically, I update my computer's software - any software.  :-\ ::)

The 90's were good. Went over to a friend's place and watched THE OUTER LIMITS followed by MILLENNIUM... Sometimes I would go out to a movie.

Ah, those were the days.  :D

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 12:10:28 am »
My son and I took turns shooting Nerf darts at each other while the other tried to deflect them with a bokken.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 07:55:41 am »
Drink and movies night.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 08:10:50 am »

I think I've met 4 people in my whole life who could write cursive. It's a bit of a lost art. :thumbup:

Fridays.. bar!!

Really? How is that? Isn't this how learn to write at school?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 08:38:47 am »

Fridays.. bar!!

Lost art?  Isn't it how everyone writes?

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:05 am »

Fridays.. bar!!

Lost art?  Isn't it how everyone writes?

Nobody writes anymore.  They just text, badly.
I doubt a 16 year old would know how to write anymore, they print and it looks like someone in grade 3 did it.
Mr Pickypants