Author Topic: Back from Beautiful Banff!  (Read 1733 times)

Offline laspalmas

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Kia Rondo EX
Re: Back from Beautiful Banff!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »
Winterlight and Sulfur Mountain are my favourite shots, Las.  :thumbup:  Nice!  But they'd look sooo much better done with a Canon.   ;D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
These are the 400k versions..the originals are Raw+JPG - 5 to 10megs each.

NIKON RULES!
Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:40 pm »
Winterlight and Sulfur Mountain are my favourite shots, Las.  :thumbup:  Nice!  But they'd look sooo much better done with a Canon.   ;D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
These are the 400k versions..the originals are Raw+JPG - 5 to 10megs each.

NIKON RULES!

I just bought a Nikon S8100 extended zoom P&S to replace a Canon that completely died after a little over a year of ownership.  Sorry Brigitte...

Beautiful pictures!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »
I love and hate Banff at the same time.  I find the townsite disgusting.  One after another shop filled with overpriced junk.  But, head north of Lake Louise on the Icefields Parkway and Banff becomes magical.  The Wapta and Waptiuk Icefields are amazing, with some of the finest ski mountaineering on the planet.  Molar Meadows is amazing regardless of the time of the year.  The Skoki backcountry is beautiful summer and winter.  Oh, the list goes on and on...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 06:05:00 pm »
I just bought a Nikon S8100 extended zoom P&S to replace a Canon that completely died after a little over a year of ownership. 

Then quit yapping and show us what it does!   :D

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 06:06:01 pm »
I love and hate Banff at the same time.  I find the townsite disgusting.  One after another shop filled with overpriced junk.  But, head north of Lake Louise on the Icefields Parkway and Banff becomes magical.  The Wapta and Waptiuk Icefields are amazing, with some of the finest ski mountaineering on the planet.  Molar Meadows is amazing regardless of the time of the year.  The Skoki backcountry is beautiful summer and winter.  Oh, the list goes on and on...

Crowds way down this year. Hopefully that means less junk shops. Does the revenue generated by Banff help maintain the backcountry areas? If so perhaps it is nec. evil?

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 06:07:24 pm »
NIKON RULES!

OMG... you're such a fanboy.   >:D :pimp:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »
NIKON RULES!

OMG... you're such a fanboy.   >:D :pimp:

check out  my new iPAD.................
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:47 pm »
Next trip, St-John's NL (never been) and then in the fall- Barcelona, Versailles, a couple of towns in Normandie and Paris.  ;D Stay tuned for more pics....

Definitely bring your camera to NFLD.  Lots of beautiful scenery when it is not fogged in.  Depending on the time of year, you can catch a few ice bergs too.  Moose stew is good too.