Author Topic: 2011 Toronto Auto Show!!  (Read 5753 times)

Offline caretaker007

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
2011 Toronto Auto Show!!
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:35:10 am »
Let me tell you that it is the first time going to the auto show and although it was busy (Duh,being the long weekend) had a goodtime.Was out looking for a new car for the wife and we were looking at the Toyota Rav4 but what really caught our eye was the Hyundai Tucson & Santa FE..Going to be stopping by the local library to read up on the two of them, just wondering if anyone out there has any comments about the two...Thanks...Mike..  PS..why do people bring there kids to these shows  >:( >:( >:(  .. spend $30 and get a babysitter....)

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
Re: 2011 Toronto Auto Show!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:43:40 am »
Let me tell you that it is the first time going to the auto show and although it was busy (Duh,being the long weekend) had a goodtime.Was out looking for a new car for the wife and we were looking at the Toyota Rav4 but what really caught our eye was the Hyundai Tucson & Santa FE..Going to be stopping by the local library to read up on the two of them, just wondering if anyone out there has any comments about the two...Thanks...Mike..  PS..why do people bring there kids to these shows  >:( >:( >:(  .. spend $30 and get a babysitter....)

+1,000,000 to that.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:08 am »
No need to go to the local library, you are at it right here.  :)

Click on Autos.ca top left, and search for any and all. Under the Reviews tab, try day-to-day reviews first, I quickly found a recent Tucson review. Also look at other tabs like First Drives, New Car Test Drives, Previews. Or just search the vehicle at the top.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:50:11 am »

I hear you on that one.  The gf and I waited 10 minutes for some mom to get her 3 year old out of the Mini Convertible.  He was crawling all over it an we (and four others) just stood there looking at the mom who thought it was perfectly ok to let her kid to take over the car for 10 minutes.

Go put him in the Aveo.....no one was looking at that.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:59:00 am »

Because they are CHEAP.  The same reason they bring a crying kid to a restaurant.  Too cheap to pay a baby sitter.  I once left $10 on someone's table as I was exiting a restaurant and said "This is to help pay for a babysitter next time."

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44:51 pm »

Because they are CHEAP.  The same reason they bring a crying kid to a restaurant.  Too cheap to pay a baby sitter.  I once left $10 on someone's table as I was exiting a restaurant and said "This is to help pay for a babysitter next time."

We always ask for the no children section
Bar area use be good, now people are eat there with their children

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12397
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:25:37 pm »

It's worse on Family Day.  Ugh.  Just got back from 3 hours of tripping over strollers and waiting on two year olds having their junlge-gym play time in car interiors before I got my turn to sit.  :banghead:

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 04:47:13 pm »
Ideally the organisers would make an Adults ( being defined as over 25)  only day  or just make child admission $ 100.
( A similar trick could be done on airliners as well imho)
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:57:50 pm »
Ideally the organisers would make an Adults ( being defined as over 25)  only day  or just make child admission $ 100.
( A similar trick could be done on airliners as well imho)

:D

Offline gord_boyd

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +7/-24
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '12 A7, '85 911 turbo
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:16 pm »
Here are some additional suggestions:
1.)Porsche should be there (not Pfaff with locked cars).
2.)Manufacturers should always have one "product guru" guy and not rely on marketing service employees.
3.)Colours for the model were done best by Infiniti which had half spheres painted in all available colours next to model.  My wife has to see the colour.
4.)Again, the interiors should have some fabric examples.  My wife thought the A7 was ":censor: Brown" and silver exterior not making best of a very expensive vehicle
(everyman's colour!).  Audi A8 same (with some quilted back to seats that were awful.)  Audi had anything not new in white to highlight new models
but white Audis not the best in white--especially driving in winter snows.  Not the safest colour. (here this is subjective.)
5.)Genesis Spec "R" not there but was in Chicago.  Why?  No one had an answer.  In fact gal had no idea engine being changed.  Totally ignorant on the product.
6.)Acura TL 2012 no info. sheet--nothing.  (only doors could be opened)  Audi A7 took my e-mail but appear unorganized.  Thomas said no key.  Katie got a key but could not operate dash.   She gave up.  A third guy got dash operating.  Kia had several Optimas and brochure and a caring attitude.  Outshone others.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:13 pm »
Here are some additional suggestions:
1.)Porsche & Ferrari should be there and allow test drives.
2.)Manufacturers should have PROPERLY TRAINED marketing people.
3.)My wife isn't ALLOWED to the auto show, it's mine, ALL MINE!
4.)All interiors should be fabric.
5.)Genesis is awesome.
6.)Acura TL is ugly
7.)Kia is awesome.

EFA  :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

vdk

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »
Now you know why I hate kids... ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

I don't understand that comment?  I take my kids to restaurants all the time, not because I can't afford anything, but because I like them to get the experience of eating out too.  If you don't do it, then they will never know how to behave in a restaurant.  And if they kick off and cry about something, so be it.  I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, that's what kids do sometimes.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:25 pm »

I don't understand that comment?  I take my kids to restaurants all the time, not because I can't afford anything, but because I like them to get the experience of eating out too.  If you don't do it, then they will never know how to behave in a restaurant.  And if they kick off and cry about something, so be it.  I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, that's what kids do sometimes.

I suspect you don't take them to a nice restaurant when you want a night out. Taking them to a family-style restaurant?  No problem.  I'm referring to the turds that bring their ill-behaved and crying monsters to a nice place.

I also suspect you wouldn't let your kids run around or misbehave in ANY restaurant.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:13:21 pm by rrocket »

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 10:40:22 pm »

+1.  I suppose if I was in a fine dining restaurant, and someone showed up with cranky kids, it may erk me.  However, thats never happened to me.  I've never seen children in a fine dining restaurant. 

Additionally, its got nothing to do with being cheap.  Babysitters are cheap.  Its about spending time with family.

Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »
I should mention we usually dine late...9-10pm.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
I wouldn't dream of letting my kids eat in East Side Marios!  :rofl2:

They only like Wildcraft.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:35 pm »

What is Wildcraft?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 11:35:59 pm »

What is Wildcraft?

It's a nice restaurant near me Ron that they probably wouldn't let you in.  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

What is Wildcraft?

It's a nice restaurant near me Ron that they probably wouldn't let you in.  :rofl2:

I've seen the riff raff out your way.  I'm certain they'd roll out the red carpet for us.  Would be refreshing for them to not have to serve toothless hillbillies for once.... :rofl2: