Author Topic: Crap jobs  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Crap jobs
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:00 pm »
I had to test a smoking room in a nursing home today, make sure the room under a negative pressure of the smell stay within the room

It a day I hate, because it smell soooooo bad

But the money is good for 45 min work, plus 2 hours for traveling

I just dont get this smoking thing

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
Re: Crap jobs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:36:37 pm »
This guy LOL's at you

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
..can't ya just hold yer breath fer 45 minutes.............. ??? :light: :banana: :fall:

better than a nursing room in a Smoking home.................:censor: up all around........ :rofl:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »
Geez...you're pretty soft if you think that's a crap job....

I'm sure there are many here who've worked at crappier jobs...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »
I hate the smell of smoke too, but nicotine is highly addictive.  It's tough to quit.  When you're old and dying anyways, you may not want to quit...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »
I thought there could be no smoking indoors in Ontario anyways??

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

The Alberta Provincial Gov't passed a Special Law that allows them to smoke in their own offices.

No indoor smoking, could be just a public / work environment, not HOMES.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

The Alberta Provincial Gov't passed a Special Law that allows them to smoke in their own offices.

No indoor smoking, could be just a public / work environment, not HOMES.

He said he was in a Nursing HOME...not a residential HOME.

Smoking in a residential home is legal.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »
A residential complex with special live-in care takers is still residential, ... well, non commercial, non industrial ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »
A residential complex with special live-in care takers is still residential, ... well, non commercial, non industrial ...

I guess it's legal.  But seems a bit odd.

"Nursing homes, homes for the aged, homes for special care (if also a nursing home) and charitable homes for the aged may have designated smoking rooms. If other activities take place in the smoking room, a smoke-free room of at least the same size must also be provided for those activities."

Offline Dexer

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-167
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:29:14 pm »

"Nursing homes, homes for the aged, homes for special care (if also a nursing home) and charitable homes for the aged may have designated smoking rooms.

I figure old folks should be allowed to do almost anything they damn well please. These are people who may have gone to war, sent husbands off to war, worked 60 hour weeks, payed mortgages for 30 years, put their kids through college or done who knows what else. I don't want to tell some 85 year old guy, "Yeah, I know you were allowed to smoke when you stormed the beach at Normandy but we've now decided you're a danger to public health".

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 11:33:31 pm »

"Nursing homes, homes for the aged, homes for special care (if also a nursing home) and charitable homes for the aged may have designated smoking rooms.

I figure old folks should be allowed to do almost anything they damn well please. These are people who may have gone to war, sent husbands off to war, worked 60 hour weeks, payed mortgages for 30 years, put their kids through college or done who knows what else. I don't want to tell some 85 year old guy, "Yeah, I know you were allowed to smoke when you stormed the beach at Normandy but we've now decided you're a danger to public health".

I don't think the worry is so much for them...I mean if you want to put something bad into your body, it's none of my business.  But presumably a nurse (or doctor) may have to go into that smoking room for some reason, and not everyone digs inhaling 2nd hand smoke.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 12:38:43 am »

Soft and softer.  ::) I wonder how the OP would react if he had to spend his day in a morgue assisting with an autopsy on a body that spent two weeks floating in a lake during a July heat wave. I've done that, and it doesn't even come close to the crappiest job I've ever done.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 12:56:12 am »

Soft and softer.  ::) I wonder how the OP would react if he had to spend his day in a morgue assisting with an autopsy on a body that spent two weeks floating in a lake during a July heat wave. I've done that, and it doesn't even come close to the crappiest job I've ever done.

Do tell!!!!

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:43 am »

Do tell!!!!

Sorry, but the memory of the worst thing I've had to do during my career is far too disturbing to recount here. Suffice to say it made international headlines and was much, much worse than those headlines could impart to an outsider. 'Nuff said.

Offline caretaker007

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:57 am »

Do tell!!!!

Sorry, but the memory of the worst thing I've had to do during my career is far too disturbing to recount here. Suffice to say it made international headlines and was much, much worse than those headlines could impart to an outsider. 'Nuff said.
...THANKS, SOMETHINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UN-SAID....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 06:28:16 am »

but you also have make sure it does not interfear with the rest of the people who also live there, only a handful of people smoke
yes you stormed the beaches and now you have inhale second hand smoke
It is also the only nursing home that I worked in  that has a room

That would also be a crappy job  :o

My crappy jobs are still better then a day working in a cubical  ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 07:49:47 am »
I have a cube and I love it!

OK there are a few things I would prefer to be doing like hotshot international photographer, or Top Gear presenter, but I'm very fortunate to have a challenging job that I enjoy, cube or not.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 08:36:43 am »
......a man of many parts.............................. ::) :-\

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:18 am »
The guys who service our dust-collectors at work have a job I don't envy.  They are full of carbon-black, silica, sulphur, and other assorted chemicals, all of which you end up totally covered in.   
I've had to work in the crappy, dirty conditions associated with mixing rubber long enough that I'm presently on a bit of a job search. 
Mr Pickypants