Author Topic: Motoring TV Car of the Year  (Read 5222 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Motoring TV Car of the Year
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 10:31:39 am »
Feb 12th MOTORING SCRIPT...

1)..3 minutes of loud flashy graphics signifying nothing.....

2) Brad standing with mike in "some" location babbling fer a minute...generally shilling for a newer car and then 3 Auto Reviewers
 mouthing off blandly aboot said car.
 \
 3) 3 minutes of ads....

4) Graeme Fletcher going thru pylons with test car then open hood start engine WDF!!! next Graeme finds some pet peeve ..then taking a spin around same PARK in T.O.. Quik graphic chart of competitors and  :hello:  time elapsed 3 minutes....

5) Brad with snide intro to Mr Mechanic who whilst praising trucks fixes some gizmo gone bad..No COSTS GIVEN!!!!!

6) More ads....

7) Jim Kenzie with rant..often BEST PART of SHOW..

Rinse & repeat.............. >:D

Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 10:36:44 am »
Feb 12th MOTORING SCRIPT...

1)..3 minutes of loud flashy graphics signifying nothing.....

2) Brad standing with mike in "some" location babbling fer a minute...generally shilling for a newer car and then 3 Auto Reviewers
 mouthing off blandly aboot said car.
 \
 3) 3 minutes of ads....

4) Graeme Fletcher going thru pylons with test car then open hood start engine WDF!!! next Graeme finds some pet peeve ..then taking a spin around same PARK in T.O.. Quik graphic chart of competitors and  :hello:  time elapsed 3 minutes....

5) Brad with snide intro to Mr Mechanic who whilst praising trucks fixes some gizmo gone bad..No COSTS GIVEN!!!!!

6) More ads....

7) Jim Kenzie with rant..often BEST PART of SHOW..

Rinse & repeat.............. >:D

Yup, that's pretty much it. I PVR it so I skip the ads and, more often than not, Brad's off the top spiel.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 11:09:48 pm »
I Couldn't have sum that up better... ;D

Offline my2cents

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-40
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Rav4 AWD
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 04:08:57 pm »
I missed taping a couple of episodes because I forgot to change the name from Motoring 2010 to 2011.

Then I set it to record TSN HD at a certain day and time and it recorded one of those games of Ping Pong where the players stand on a big legless concrete table.

So I had to set it to record every episode at all times - just to get one that wasn't preempted or butchered.

Now I have to delete 4 or 5 a week.

It seems like in these contests - they first pick a winner - then slot it into a category and pick it for some unrelated reason.

Like the WRX winning over the pony cars because it's better in the corners. Shouldn't AWD have its own category?

Or Consumer Reports Sportage beats the Juke because it carries more cargo?

That's like a dump truck winning all categories because it can haul more gravel.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:54:40 pm by my2cents »

CatsEye68

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
Well, the only category the Juke deserves to win hands-down is "Ugliest New Vehicle". :rofl2: